collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NHL Playoffs  (Read 20329 times)

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
NHL Playoffs
« on: April 21, 2010, 07:42:59 AM »
Anybody been watching? There have been some great games thus far.  Had to feel for Nabakov sunday night played a great game, and was only beaten by a weird "own goal".

It is amazing that despite holding a 2-1 lead over the Blackhawks, Nashville still doesn't really seem to care.

Oh well, Crosby and Malkin are rolling so that's all I really care about.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

reinko

• All American
Re: NHL Playoffs
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 07:52:43 AM »
Anybody been watching? There have been some great games thus far.  Had to feel for Nabakov sunday night played a great game, and was only beaten by a weird "own goal".

It is amazing that despite holding a 2-1 lead over the Blackhawks, Nashville still doesn't really seem to care.

Oh well, Crosby and Malkin are rolling so that's all I really care about.

Big Bruins fan, and they have finally been playing like they mean it.  If you haven't tuned, I would recommend it, very chippy series and lots of big hits too.

Let's go B's!

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 07:55:47 AM »
I'm a Devils fan and the Flyers have been taking us to the wood shed.  Frackin Flyers :(

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 08:04:00 AM »
I'm a Devils fan and the Flyers have been taking us to the wood shed.  Frackin Flyers :(

You a face painter like David Putty?

groove

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:07:30 AM »
or a face painter like blueboy?

DavantesInferno

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »

Yeah.  That series has been a little tough to watch.  The Hawks can't seem to take advantage when they have momentum going against the Predators.  Should be really interesting to see if the Hawks can get it together and move on.  They really shouldn't be having this much trouble.

Also, the Bruins-Sabres series is great.  I missed the first two periods but from what I saw, the game tonight that went into 2OT was awesome.  Both teams playing very aggressive in the OT's and both goaltenders playing out of their minds throughout the entire game.  I can't wait to see how this one ends if both teams continue this type of play.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 07:57:51 AM »
I went to game 2 at the UC between the Hawks and Preds.  For some reason the preds skated up and down the ice and made it more of a speed game...a game that the hawks will win!

Games 1 and 3 are slow paced hockey that the hawks either seem disinterested in or just don't know how to defend it.  Looking at the stats, Byfuglien Bickell and Soepl have horrible +/- rating and really need to pick up their game.

Oh, and earth to Toews...lets put a puck in the net!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 10:45:07 AM »
Pekka Rinne has been a monster so far for the Predators, but the biggest thing is the aforementioned lack of intensity.  There were times in game 3 where Chicago suddenly turned it on and skated circles around Nashville, just didn't result in any lighting of the lamp.  Hopefully, Game 3 was a wake up call and we will see a different fire tonite.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »

I wouldn't mind some goals from the 63 million dollar man Hossa either.....and the 6'5'' Rinne has played great.

Hawks are 3-1 favorites to win the Cup and the Predators are 40-1, dead last, to win the Cup.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:04:59 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 12:03:32 PM »
I wouldn't mind some goals form the 63 million dollar man Hossa either.....and the 6'5'' Rinne has played great.

Hawks are 3-1 favorites to win the Cup and the Predators are 40-1, dead last, to win the Cup.

Hossa has actually played quite well.  I was impressed with his back checking, and his puck handling is always a step above the rest.  They went down 2-1 to a better vancouver team last year, no reason they can't come back from this!

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 12:08:05 PM »
Hossa has actually played quite well.  I was impressed with his back checking, and his puck handling is always a step above the rest.  They went down 2-1 to a better vancouver team last year, no reason they can't come back from this!

They definitely can come back...win tonight and they have home ice back.  Hossa is a great all around player.  I was just commenting on his lack of goal scoring is all.

Hossa said Wednesday. "The bottom line, I have to step up and make something happen. Obviously it's not easy. They're playing well defensively. But somehow we have to break that and put myself on the scoring sheet."

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 12:35:35 PM »
Ill be at game five in Buffalo for the Sabres vs. Bruins series Friday night.  This series has been great but unfortunately for my sabres, they are not big enough to win this series.  The Bruins have controlled the boards for most of the series.  The Bruins are a solid team and to tell you the truth Tukka Rask has played better in net than Ryan Miller (if Miller doesn't let in that cheapie last night the series is tied 2-2).  I am hoping Buffalo will pull one out Friday night but in my opinion the series is over.  Buffalo will not beat Boston in three straight.  O well, GO SABRES!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 12:37:08 PM by DiaperDandy »

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 01:20:41 PM »
I wouldn't mind some goals from the 63 million dollar man Hossa either

As a Penguins fan, I am kind of hoping Hossa misses out on the cup again.   :P
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 01:28:46 PM »

As a Penguins fan, I am kind of hoping Hossa misses out on the cup again.   :P

As are Red Wing fans I would imagine for two reasons.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »
Ill be at game five in Buffalo for the Sabres vs. Bruins series Friday night.  This series has been great but unfortunately for my sabres, they are not big enough to win this series.  The Bruins have controlled the boards for most of the series.  The Bruins are a solid team and to tell you the truth Tukka Rask has played better in net than Ryan Miller (if Miller doesn't let in that cheapie last night the series is tied 2-2).  I am hoping Buffalo will pull one out Friday night but in my opinion the series is over.  Buffalo will not beat Boston in three straight.  O well, GO SABRES!

I will FedEx you Ryan Miller's jockstrap he accidentally left on the ice last night after 2OT.   :P

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »

Ask and I shall receive!!

DavantesInferno

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 01:45:47 PM »
Last night, I was up in Milwaukee waiting for the Hawks game to come on but was forced to watch the Penguins-Senators game instead because it went into 3OT. It was pretty entertaining to watch but for awhile there, neither team could really get anything going and seemed out of gas. Good call by the refs though for calling that goal off early in tHe first overtime. Wish I had access to CSN up here though because I would have much rather watched the Hawks play. 

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 02:49:28 PM »
Last night, I was up in Milwaukee waiting for the Hawks game to come on but was forced to watch the Penguins-Senators game instead because it went into 3OT. It was pretty entertaining to watch but for awhile there, neither team could really get anything going and seemed out of gas. Good call by the refs though for calling that goal off early in tHe first overtime. Wish I had access to CSN up here though because I would have much rather watched the Hawks play. 

Agreed completely.  I'm quite annoyed with Versus coverage or the NHL for overlapping the games - not sure which to be upset with.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »
They need Versus2.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 09:11:23 AM »
Just got 3 free tickets to tonights Pred/Hawks game. 
Sweet.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 11:08:50 AM »
Just got 3 free tickets to tonight's Pred/Hawks game. 
Sweet.

Should be a great game and a great crowd...probably will be all over Hossa....are the fans and the newspapers upset that he did not get suspended...obviously the answer is yes I am just wondering how upset.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 11:14:26 AM »
[quote ]
As far as a great crowd...  It should be concerning (for Predator fans) that for tonight's game 6 they are so far away from a sell out that they could give the company I work for, 200 free tickets..
[/quote]

(Yes, quoting myself.)

My free tickets are 9 rows off the ice, 1 section off center.

Thanks non-hockey supporting city!

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:31:29 PM by MU_B2002 »
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 11:25:02 AM »
It should be concerning (for Predator fans) that for tonight's game 6 they are so far away from a sell out that they could give the company I work for, 200 free tickets.

Wow...isn't this one of the biggest games in franchise history?  Have a great time tonight.

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 02:22:21 PM »
LETS GO BUFFALO.  Force game seven and bring the series back to Buffalo.  Vanek will be back in the lineup so lets get this one!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »
Looking forward to the diving exhibition the Sabres will be putting on tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS!  HERE WE GO!

feedback