collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NHL Playoffs  (Read 20330 times)

JWags85

• All American
Re: NHL Playoffs
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »
Did everyone catch Don Carcillo leveling his teammate instead of Tomas Kopecky?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQc1_V3M4G4

The back and forth between Carcillo and Kopecky in the first period was really interesting.  That being said, Carcillo is a complete and utter douchebag.  I've hated him before the Hawks and Flyers were even in this series.  Unlike Pronger who I developed a strong dislike for since the series started.

On the other side of the coin, Toews composure is one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen on the ice.  He is completely unflappable.  I thought for sure when Pronger cross-checked him after the whistle that he would finally retaliate, but he just yelled a bit and skated off.  Thats why he wears the C despite being young.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2010, 10:50:38 AM »
On the other side of the coin, Toews composure is one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen on the ice.  He is completely unflappable.  I thought for sure when Pronger cross-checked him after the whistle that he would finally retaliate, but he just yelled a bit and skated off.  Thats why he wears the C despite being young.

IMHO.

Sometimes though you need to do a little more than yell and skate off.  Crosby, early in his career, seemed to take the Toews approach, but it seems in the past couple seasons he is more willing to mix it up and as a result seems to take less cheap shots. 
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2010, 11:46:09 AM »
With two more Hawk wins, Towes will become the youngest captain ever to win the cup.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2010, 12:25:25 PM »
Did everyone catch Don Carcillo leveling his teammate instead of Tomas Kopecky?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQc1_V3M4G4

That was awesome.  I am not a serious NHL fan, so I had never heard of or seen Carcillo before last night.   I know you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I think it took me about 3 seconds to dislike the guy.  And by about 60 seconds into the game I knew my first instinct was correct.  I was LMAO after that hit.  Plus, the "Sounds of the Game" where the Blackhawks player yelled to him on the bench, "that is you best hit this year".  You can see the conversation going on at the end of the video.

Absolutely classic.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2010, 12:52:29 PM »
With two more Hawk wins, Towes will become the youngest captain ever to win the cup.

Youngest player ever to win Gold at the Juniors, Gold at the Olympics & the Stanley Cup.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2010, 01:02:15 PM »

IMHO.

Sometimes though you need to do a little more than yell and skate off.  Crosby, early in his career, seemed to take the Toews approach, but it seems in the past couple seasons he is more willing to mix it up and as a result seems to take less cheap shots. 

Idk, early in his career, Crosby avoided contact all together for the most part.  Toews is a grinder behind the net and on the boards, and will dish out hits.  Its just the extra-curriculars he seems to avoid and thats fine as there are plenty of others that will mix it up.  He can stick to being a captain and staying on the good side of the officials.  I'm ok with his demeanor.

That was awesome.  I am not a serious NHL fan, so I had never heard of or seen Carcillo before last night.   I know you are not supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I think it took me about 3 seconds to dislike the guy.  And by about 60 seconds into the game I knew my first instinct was correct.  I was LMAO after that hit.  Plus, the "Sounds of the Game" where the Blackhawks player yelled to him on the bench, "that is you best hit this year".  You can see the conversation going on at the end of the video.

Absolutely classic.

Carcillo is a dirty goon of the highest order.  A complete headhunter and a complete ass.  He stopped and immediately jawed at Kopecky after laying out his teammate like a clown even though play was still live.  I loved him going crazy with a deranged look on his face as Burish chirped at him.  His hot head will lead to some stupid penalties if they keep him out there.  And I am quite alright with that.

I think Burish's maniacal laughter during the free skate earlier in the clip was just as funny.  What a character.

I also, despite him being a great player, think Pronger is a dirty douche as well.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2010, 02:00:30 PM »
Idk, early in his career, Crosby avoided contact all together for the most part.  Toews is a grinder behind the net and on the boards, and will dish out hits.  Its just the extra-curriculars he seems to avoid and thats fine as there are plenty of others that will mix it up.  He can stick to being a captain and staying on the good side of the officials.  I'm ok with his demeanor.

You are probably right, I don't know know a lot of Toews or his style of play.  The only thing I know about him is that I have been saying his name incorrectly for awhile now.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2010, 02:14:32 PM »
He can stick to being a captain and staying on the good side of the officials.  I'm ok with his demeanor.

Especially during the Stanley Cup Finals.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2010, 12:23:29 PM »

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2010, 12:28:09 PM »
 That shirt is very applicable to a series against Philly as well ;D
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2010, 12:34:29 PM »
The back and forth between Carcillo and Kopecky in the first period was really interesting.  That being said, Carcillo is a complete and utter douchebag.  I've hated him before the Hawks and Flyers were even in this series.  Unlike Pronger who I developed a strong dislike for since the series started.

Pronger rocks, if he's on your team.  Loved him when he was on the Ducks.  Was at game 5 when we clinched the Cup a few years ago and Pronger held up the Cup in front of us.  Awesome guy to have on your team, not so awesome if he's on a team you're playing.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2010, 12:34:41 PM »

I've seen better shirts using that Photoshop filter.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2010, 01:11:02 PM »
Pronger rocks, if he's on your team.  Loved him when he was on the Ducks.  Was at game 5 when we clinched the Cup a few years ago and Pronger held up the Cup in front of us.  Awesome guy to have on your team, not so awesome if he's on a team you're playing.

Just like this guy?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2010, 01:44:44 PM »
Just like this guy?

Yup....and talk about a call that should have been reversed.  Don't get me started.

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2010, 01:50:51 PM »
Yup....and talk about a call that should have been reversed.  Don't get me started.

Pronger is driving me nuts.....at the same time I can see how his teammates and fans love him.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2010, 12:47:06 AM »
Pronger is driving me nuts.....at the same time I can see how his teammates and fans love him.

His size is incredible, especially for a hockey player.  When I worked for the Ducks, I was surprised how small many of the players were, especially guys like Kariya.   I left the organization before Pronger came aboard, but met him a few years ago.  For a man that size to be on skates and moving that fast, talk about a run away freight train.  Scary

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2010, 11:58:23 AM »
For a man that size to be on skates and moving that fast, talk about a run away freight train.  Scary

Imagine what happens when Big Buff runs into a man of that size....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PM6VDbJvopM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PM6VDbJvopM</a>

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2010, 12:03:45 PM »
This guy.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2010, 12:12:59 PM »
What if the Hawks could be bullied?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugEjgz0hFow&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xd0d0d0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_detailpage&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ugEjgz0hFow&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xd0d0d0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_detailpage&amp;fs=1</a>
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:14:32 PM by TallTitan34 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2010, 12:42:57 PM »
I suspect you will see "Chrissy" lay some wood tonight.  Just a hunch

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2010, 12:56:38 PM »
I suspect you will see "Chrissy" lay some wood tonight.  Just a hunch

More than just a hunch...he needs to set the tone early tomorrow night for his team and I suspect he will not disappoint Flyers fans.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 01:11:52 PM by SaintPaulWarrior »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2010, 01:06:04 PM »
I suspect you will see "Chrissy" lay some wood tonight.  Just a hunch

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2010, 02:14:04 PM »
What if the Hawks could be bullied?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugEjgz0hFow&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xd0d0d0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_detailpage&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ugEjgz0hFow&amp;color1=0xb1b1b1&amp;color2=0xd0d0d0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;feature=player_detailpage&amp;fs=1</a>

Unfortunately I was flying home during the game on Sunday, however, my roommate left the TV on with the DVR paused to that spot.  I think I watched it 5 times in a row at 130 in the morning.