Incoming freshmen by MUbiz
[Today at 10:49:35 AM]

2025 Bracketology by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 09:46:57 AM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by MUbiz
[Today at 08:06:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Lennys Tap
[June 02, 2024, 09:43:52 PM]

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by MUbiz
[June 01, 2024, 11:08:53 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: James Siakam now in 2010 Class and MU target  (Read 14622 times)

radome

• Team Captain
Re: James Siakam now in 2010 Class and MU target
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2010, 09:35:33 AM »
We really just don't know.  IMHO
I think that says it all.  Buzz, the possible individual involved, and the rest of the team might know because they should know or need to know.  Let's face it - there might be nothing to know or changes coming but we have no reason to be in on the info ... except as observers.

We're just a bunch of fans starved for instant news that is guaranteed to make us have an undefeated season and post-season.  I enjoy the speculation except for the "who is leaving" stuff.  I think that we owe a young man that has committed to the program the decency of privacy.

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2010, 09:37:42 AM »
A couple of those moves on the drives look DJO-esque

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2010, 10:07:02 AM »
I've been following the Mbao drama on here, but is there any speculation/reason to believe that EWill might go, or is that solely speculation?  I'm not trying to call you out or anything, I would just be remarkably disappointed to see EWill go (no offense to Mbao, I'm excited to see what kind of player he becomes if he goes too)  EWill is so new, and presumably raw.  To see him go would sort of highlight what we've talked about with our shallow depth of young big men never really getting a chance to mature and grow at their own pace.

I thought I was clear that Mbao and Ewill names are being thrown out as they are perceived as the last two guys off the bench (forget Frozena).  It was logic that dictated their names, nothing more.

And, to be clear, I've been trying to argue that the only name thrown around that I would consider is Cothron, and in his case I'm not sold he's a real upgrade.  None of the other names that Buzz is supposedly recruiting  (including Siakam) have not shown enough to ask one of the last two guys off the bench to leave.  I say keep what we have as I do not see these guys as an upgrade.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2010, 04:17:29 AM »
ilini boards track him as "Their" player , did he de commit from them?

another post says.....
Boston College, Southern Illinois and Vanderbilt have extended scholarship offers to Siakam. Other schools showing high interest include Illinois, Florida State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Virginia, DePaul, Nebraska and Arizona. Top academic institutions, especially Harvard and Stanford, are also heavily recruiting Siakam.

mu is not noted

although 6ft 6, he boasts a  7ft wingspan--- long arms, can play taller than his height
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 10:47:27 AM by houwarrior »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2010, 08:50:36 AM »
ilini boards track him as "Their" player , did he de commit from them?

anoter post says.....
Boston College, Southern Illinois and Vanderbilt have extended scholarship offers to Siakam. Other schools showing high interest include Illinois, Florida State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Virginia, DePaul, Nebraska and Arizona. Top academic institutions, especially Harvard and Stanford, are also heavily recruiting Siakam.

mu is not noted

although 6ft 6, he boasts a 7 7ft wingspan--- long arms, can play taller than his height

I am 5'9 1/2" but I guess my wingspan is 8"
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2010, 06:58:15 PM »
although 6ft 6, he boasts a  7ft wingspan--- long arms, can play taller than his height

His height doesn't bother me with that wingspan.  For example,  an average wingspan at that height has trouble dunking in traffic,  after seeing the highlights it looks like he has no problem throwing it down with people around.  This guy could become a menace down low.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2010, 07:08:22 PM »

I'm guessing that the Jesuits got the rack out to discipline you for all that wild stuff you did while at MU.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Ron Paul

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2010, 12:29:05 PM »

T-Rex?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2010, 01:15:32 PM »
T-Rex?

no, to be a T-Rex you'd be 8' with a 5' 9" wingspan

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »
Ones wingspan is normally w/i 2 inches of your height, usually on the low side. Anyone with a wingspan more than 2 inches of his height is long armed. A 7ft wigspan on a person only 6ft 6 is rare--often indicatve this kid stiil may grow in height--he might still spurt to 6 9-10

Brad miller in the NBA was a 5 ft 10 guard through soph year in HS. Its why , after his huge growth spurt to 6 10 he remains a center with great passing/ball handling skills.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

feedback