[June 10, 2024, 07:34:38 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[June 10, 2024, 06:17:14 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by Uncle Rico
[June 10, 2024, 05:59:32 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 10, 2024, 03:28:57 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creaning: the definition (this is funny)  (Read 10316 times)

Warrior of Law

• All American
Creaning: the definition (this is funny)
« on: April 03, 2010, 10:26:11 PM »
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Creaning: the definition (this is funny)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »
Yep, Tom's the stuff legends are made of.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Norm

• All American
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 10:58:30 PM »
Can't wait until the Crean bashing finally stops on this site.

Aughnanure

• All American
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 12:02:01 AM »

+1

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 04:40:50 AM »

+100

I also believe the manner in which he left was class-less...but those who don't believe that our program is where it is party/mostly because of the efforts of Crean are blind.

Besides, had he not left, we wouldnt have BUZZ!!!

The "average fan" is an idiot.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 07:15:34 AM »
Hilarious stuff.

Incidentally, if you guys would like to travel back in time, head over to the Indiana Scout board. There you'll see a growing number of people who are on to Crean's shtick already and a ton of people defending him with blinders on (he inherited a disaster, "I met him and he actually said hello to me!" he's a tireless worker, etc.). The defenseless defenders are the people who won't admit how much they loathe him until he's fired. It's exactly like the Marquette boards when he was here.

Everybody hates the douche bag...it's only a few that are willing to admit it.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 09:25:50 AM »

Even if it were just kept in the Superbar I'd be a tad happier.  Posts like this have nothing to do with MU anyway.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 11:01:58 AM »
Hilarious stuff.

Incidentally, if you guys would like to travel back in time, head over to the Indiana Scout board. There you'll see a growing number of people who are on to Crean's shtick already and a ton of people defending him with blinders on (he inherited a disaster, "I met him and he actually said hello to me!" he's a tireless worker, etc.). The defenseless defenders are the people who won't admit how much they loathe him until he's fired. It's exactly like the Marquette boards when he was here.

That's just not true. But it makes you feel cuddlier when you hold the pillow so Happy Easter and continue to believe it.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 01:14:49 PM »
Hilarious stuff.

Your man-love for TC is showing again.... :o  PS, do you have anything constructive to post?

MUCam

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 01:18:34 PM »
Regarding this topic, I have two things to say:

(1) There is an unhealthy fixation on Crean and, more specifically, on blindly bashing him without acknowledging any of the good he has done. Its odd that those that wanted him gone the most, seem to rekindle his memory the most often.

(2) That said, I agree that the "Creaning" definition was hilarious stuff. Got a laugh from me.

jimmyrizzle

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 01:26:41 PM »

I get that the Crean bashing has become VERY old for some people.

But:
(1) the mods could bump or delete these kinds of posts (if they wanted to do so)  
(2) you ultimately have to choose to read Crean-related posts (i.e., no one is forcing you to read them)
(3) when you comment on Crean-related posts, it bumps them to the top of the topic list

Doesn't the "stop talking about Crean" banter become a little counterproductive at some point?

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 01:56:05 PM »
"Creaning" is part of high competitive basketball.  Buzz consistently states that he never stops recruiting.  It seems a little uncouth,  but all of the defections make it necessary. 

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 01:56:35 PM »
Crean coached Marquette for 9 years and took Marquette to the Final Four.  As long as it relates to basketball, Crean is forever within the scope of a Marquette basketball forum.  

You can praise him, complain about him, or make fun of him all you want.  We as fans of Marquette have 9 years of experience to go off of.  Most of the time, there is good foundation for the stuff said about Crean.  People who appreciate him have good reasons.  People who complain about him have good reasons.  

As far as whether or not he is an appropriate topic for this board, he absolutely is.  Let it go.  

jimmyrizzle

• Walk-On
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 01:58:14 PM »
Crean coached Marquette for 9 years and took Marquette to the Final Four.  As long as it relates to basketball, Crean is forever within the scope of a Marquette basketball forum. 

You can praise him, complain about him, or make fun of him all you want.  We as fans of Marquette have 9 years of experience to go off of.  Most of the time, there is good foundation for the stuff said about Crean.  People who appreciate him have good reasons.  People who complain about him have good reasons. 

As far as whether or not he is an appropriate topic for this board, he absolutely is.  Let it go.

Amen.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 02:49:43 PM »
Oh come on, I think Tom Crean has a reputation that extends past Marquette.  Look who submitted the definitions.  That was worth a chuckle.

DawsonCreekFillanderer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
Tom Crean is an unhealthy person. He deserves the wrath of the MU faithful. His departure was nothing less than a slap to the face of our University and its community. Tom Crean's day is coming and the judgment shall be swift, sure, and decisive.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2010, 05:20:25 PM »
Tom Crean is an unhealthy person. He deserves the wrath of the MU faithful. His departure was nothing less than a slap to the face of our University and its community. Tom Crean's day is coming and the judgment shall be swift, sure, and decisive.

YIKES!  That is a pretty "unhealthy" first post.

DawsonCreekFillanderer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 05:27:13 PM »
Does frequency validate truth? Fr Davitt would be displeased with your logic.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 05:52:08 PM »
Does frequency validate truth? Fr Davitt would be displeased with your logic.

Your first post was a scathing remark on a past coach.  That says something. 

DawsonCreekFillanderer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2010, 12:06:32 AM »
perhaps the past coach deserves the scathing remark.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2010, 03:04:21 PM »

Whoa! Settle down there, Sunshine! You act like the man beheads puppies and eats babies. Get over it already.

DawsonCreekFillanderer

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 04:09:10 PM »
Whoa! Settle down there, Sunshine! You act like the man beheads puppies and eats babies. Get over it already.

No. He has proven repeatedly that his word is worthless. He takes away scholarships from young men to whom he made a promise. He betrayed our university and, worse, the men on his team when he took the Indiana job. In and of itself that is regrettable but it entered the realm of despicable when he handled it in the gutless manner in which he did. He treated subordinates like trash. He shamed the University with his incredibly poor sportsmanship. He was an embarrassment in every way. I actually believe Mike Deane biting women on the butt at Goolsbys was more dignified. At least Deane is honest about who he is. Tom Crean lacks character, integrity, and dignity. It would be better if he beheaded puppies.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 04:16:33 PM »

Welcome to the board...been here all of one day and you have quite the posting history already....amazing how similar it is to members recently given a "vacation."  Amazing...yes amazing.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 04:32:16 PM »
Regarding this topic, I have two things to say:

(1) There is an unhealthy fixation on Crean and, more specifically, on blindly bashing him without acknowledging any of the good he has done. Its odd that those that wanted him gone the most, seem to rekindle his memory the most often.

(2) That said, I agree that the "Creaning" definition was hilarious stuff. Got a laugh from me.

Word.
I though the urban dictionary definition was funny, maybe it was because I didn't read to far into it, notice the blind hatred from some posters, or maybe it was because I'm not a lameass