Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: when they were nobody stories -- please share yours  (Read 6131 times)

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
Re: when they were nobody stories -- please share yours
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 09:39:00 AM »
 I think it was 2 or 3 years ago we were at the Old German Beer Hall and none other than Mr. Steve Phillips was there having some beers and he was super nice and hair as white as snow. He had announced the Brewers game that night and later on we found out that he likes them big...oh Steve :'(  I know he wasn't a nobody, but he became more of a household name after the fact.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »
Is Dave Haase your barber?  I haven't seen him in years.  Really a great guy.

Yep. ever since I was little I've been going there.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 12:12:50 PM »
I met britney spears while she was on her high school visit at marquette.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »
Does this count? Ate at the same restaurant once when Crean walked in and sat down after the FF. Got sick to my stomach and had to leave.
Your man-love for TC knows no boundaries.  He even make your tummy gurgle with excitement... :o

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »
Okay, story time... I know everyone has their Dwyane Wade story, but I happen to like mine (I might be biased).

In 2000, I was a Freshman at MU, and I didn't have to take English until 2nd semester due to transferring credits from HS.  I walked to the old gym/ROTC building where my English class took place.  It seemed like a regular class at MU with about 25-30 students and one goofy (I can't remember the name, but she was STRANGE) teacher.  Of course, I was a big basketball fan at the time, and I knew the names of Brian Wardle, Oluma Nmaka (sp?), Odartey Blankston, et al.  But there was this one guy in my English class who was on the team....

The first day of class, we went around the room and said our name, our major and what we were planning to do after school.  First up was Dwyane Wade.  He said, with full confidence, "Dwyane Wade, Communications major, and I'm going to play basketball in the NBA."  At the time people in the class sort of looked around and snickered a little... At the time DW was a freshman and hadn't even set foot on the Bradley Center court, so of course, we were skeptical.  Later in the semester we had to peer review each other's papers and grade each other.  Oddly enough, DW was in my peer review group of 3.  So yes, he peer reviewed my paper, and I peer reviewed his.  Thinking nothing of it, I managed to throw away my English paper with a Dwyane Wade signature on it.  Doh.  He was a really nice guy, maybe a little shy.

I'm glad we were wrong about Dwyane. :)

reinko

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 01:31:01 PM »
I met Pat Listach at a go kart track in Scottsdale, AZ during Brewers spring training in 1992.   ;D

I also bartended at the suites in the BC when I was in college, and who rolls into my suite one night for a Bucks game, none other than Mark Chumura.  This was before the incident of course, wicked nice guy, dropped me a 50 spot for the three crown royals I poured for him.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 01:34:46 PM »
Yep. ever since I was little I've been going there.

Barbers have the best stories.....they hear them all day everyday.  My barber is not only the most interesting person I talk to,  but the most knowledgeable.  

96warrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »
The first day of class, we went around the room and said our name, our major and what we were planning to do after school.  First up was Dwyane Wade.  He said, with full confidence, "Dwyane Wade, Communications major, and I'm going to play basketball in the NBA." 

THAT is an excellent story.

feedback