[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chris farley's dorm room  (Read 7791 times)

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
Chris farley's dorm room
« on: March 30, 2010, 10:19:11 PM »
Having a conversation with friends. What dorm did he live in? Thought it was south and CT. Probably wrong on CT. I just remember that the scene from Tommy boy wasn't filmed on canpus.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
Re: Chris farley's dorm room
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:22:48 PM »
McCormick... room 508
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 03:45:36 AM »
haha! are you serious!?

I stayed in McCormick 508 my fresman year!
The "average fan" is an idiot.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 07:12:36 AM »
Having a conversation with friends. What dorm did he live in? Thought it was south and CT. Probably wrong on CT. I just remember that the scene from Tommy boy wasn't filmed on canpus.

He lived in McCormick and Schroeder.

South didn't exist as a dorm until a few years ago, prior to that it was a halfway house for female convicts.

Marquette Gyros

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 11:23:35 AM »
Any truth to the rumor that "O'Doyle Rules" from Billy Madison was to mock the "O'Donnell Rules" chant from Farley's days at MU?

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »
haha! are you serious!?

I stayed in McCormick 508 my fresman year!

Ha... so did I.  I am not 100% sure about the room number but I remember someone saying he was on the fifth floor in McCormick.  I just assumed it was mine.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »
Any truth to the rumor that "O'Doyle Rules" from Billy Madison was to mock the "O'Donnell Rules" chant from Farley's days at MU?

Don't know if this matters, but when I was at Marquette (a couple of years after Farley) O'Donnell was a girls dorm.  I can't speak for Farley's years.  I don't remember the O'Donnell girls ever chanting "O'Donnell Rules."
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 12:24:30 PM »
I heard it was 9th in mccormick.  926-930, somewhere around there.

Canadian Dimes

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 01:00:20 PM »
Don't know if this matters, but when I was at Marquette (a couple of years after Farley) O'Donnell was a girls dorm.  I can't speak for Farley's years.  I don't remember the O'Donnell girls ever chanting "O'Donnell Rules."

Odonnell was an all girls dorm until the mid to late 90's as was cobeen.  Both were freshman girls dorms.  Mccormick was all male Freshman until that time too.  all three dorms were that way for decades before being commingled in the mid to late 90's

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 03:55:45 PM »

Odonnell was an all girls dorm until the mid to late 90's as was cobeen.  Both were freshman girls dorms.  Mccormick was all male Freshman until that time too.  all three dorms were that way for decades before being commingled in the mid to late 90's

wow.. odd.. I stayed in O'Donnell in early 90's (from 93-94).  I didn't see any girls living there.  A few that might as well have but none officially.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 04:00:31 PM »
During my time at MU, I'm pretty sure I heard 8-10 McCormick residents say that they were in Farley's old room. Either that is one giant room or these are the same people who believed that Britney Spears was enrolling at MU.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »

Yep.  Sophomores lived in Schroeder, the Y and West Hall...which I don't think even exists as a building any longer.  Some freshman lived in the Y and West too.  And for those who don't know, West was an old hotel at 26th (?) and Wisconsin.  And it really was a community on its own...they went to different bars (the VFW and Romaines Billiard Hall).  There was shuttle bus to and from campus because no one really wants to walk that at night.

Mashuda was for the few juniors and seniors that lived on campus.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »
During my time at MU, I'm pretty sure I heard 8-10 McCormick residents say that they were in Farley's old room. Either that is one giant room or these are the same people who believed that Britney Spears was enrolling at MU.

what a great rumor!  wish i knew who came up with it.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »

Ha... dude.  I am a 2003 grad.  You have to be my year.  Not only was I one of the people that claimed to live in Farley's room but I was around for the Spears rumor too.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 06:23:13 PM »
I heard it was 9th in mccormick.  926-930, somewhere around there.

12th floor McCormick....girls like it on top

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 08:04:41 PM »
wow.. odd.. I stayed in O'Donnell in early 90's (from 93-94).  I didn't see any girls living there.  A few that might as well have but none officially.

Yeah, undoubtedly O'Donnell was all dudes in 93-94.  They tried to put me in that spot and I said no.  I figured a coed dorm was my only chance of meeting chicks.  Didn't work. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 08:54:00 PM »
Ha... dude.  I am a 2003 grad.  You have to be my year.  Not only was I one of the people that claimed to live in Farley's room but I was around for the Spears rumor too.

I was actually '02, but close enough.

The best part was when I went home (Chicago suburbs) and was laughing with my HS buddies about the rumor, only to hear two of them say they heard she was coming to the U of I (where they went) and another (ND student) heard she wanted to go to ND but didn't get in. That's right, even in a preposterous rumor, ND's arrogance was in full display!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 09:55:51 PM »
I was actually '02, but close enough.

The best part was when I went home (Chicago suburbs) and was laughing with my HS buddies about the rumor, only to hear two of them say they heard she was coming to the U of I (where they went) and another (ND student) heard she wanted to go to ND but didn't get in. That's right, even in a preposterous rumor, ND's arrogance was in full display!

Oh man, I remember not only was she coming to Marquette, but that she was going to play basketball too.  Sigh, the naivety of youth.

Coach Norman Dale

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 01:22:02 AM »
12th floor McCormick....girls like it on top

Yep, me too.  1218 -- great view of downtown and the lake.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 07:02:29 AM »
And for those who don't know, West was an old hotel at 26th (?) and Wisconsin.  And it really was a community on its own...they went to different bars (the VFW and Romaines Billiard Hall).

I lived at West my sophomore year.  I loved it.  It was, by far, my best dorm experience at Marquette.  I was at McCormick freshman year and Mashuda junior year.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

feedback