Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

“I’m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.” -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Villanovan  (Read 1990 times)

radome

• Team Captain
The Villanovan
« on: March 24, 2010, 02:48:44 PM »
There are some funny ideas in article above but I pulled the MU data below:

We like Buzz Williams (Marquette) for his unnecessarily large water bottles seen by his side during games, but he has, for some reason, strayed away from it. We also like his deft dance moves while rocking the baby blue blazer.

Uniform of the Year goes to Marquette’s baby blue alternate, decorated with a border of gold and deep and light blue stripes along the sides. Marquette also earns extra points for capitalizing on the new fad minimalist jerseys like those of Texas and Ohio State that just so happen to make the colors and combinations Marquette rocks look like gems. And no one in the country looks better than Lazar Hayward when he wears his matching baby blue headband. Villanova wins honorable mention in the most aesthetically pleasing category with their pure blue and light blue combination.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:00:47 PM by radome »

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: The Villanovan
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »
I believe the baby blues are the only uniforms that Villanova didn't face this year.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 03:05:25 PM »
Buzz has broken through on the pop culture scene as well and into politics.  Do a youtube search on buzz and harry reid....it's a lame video but I had to laugh that Buzz's dance has crossed into that world now.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 03:15:35 PM »
Buzz has broken through on the pop culture scene as well and into politics.  Do a youtube search on buzz and harry reid....it's a lame video but I had to laugh that Buzz's dance has crossed into that world now.

do I want to know how you found a youtube with Buzz and Reid?   :D

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 03:41:43 PM »
It's sad enough that people would steal a video posting and fraudulently pass it along as their own, but to completely repackage the material into some vapid political production is downright insulting.  I am tired of inept people who can't think for themselves or creatively generate authentic material.  Get a life you languid, uninventive blobs!  I am so glad Marquette grads don't fall under this category.   

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 03:56:51 PM »
It's sad enough that people would steal a video posting and fraudulently

You could report it to youtube.  Not sure if it'd go anywhere, especially since you don't own the original footage, but worth a try.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 04:12:10 PM »
Villanova can give itself some props with those sweet '85 throwbacks they break out a few times each year, too.  Those are some nice unis.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 05:14:42 PM »
It's sad enough that people would steal a video posting and fraudulently pass it along as their own, but to completely repackage the material into some vapid political production is downright insulting.  I am tired of inept people who can't think for themselves or creatively generate authentic material.  Get a life you languid, uninventive blobs!  I am so glad Marquette grads don't fall under this category.   

(Pretty sure Brad meant for that to be in (the dreaded) teal color, since he didn't the footage he posted to YouTube, and did exactly that .. take ESPN's footage and add a soundtrack and some special effects.)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 05:16:21 PM »
do I want to know how you found a youtube with Buzz and Reid?   :D

Yahoo email alert....any time Buzz Williams or Marquette pops up on the webs, I get an email alert.  Got it yesterday about that video.  Pretty funny stuff

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 06:21:01 PM »
Having lived in Las Vegas for seventeen years I wanted to hurl when I saw this!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 06:39:19 PM »
Pretty sure Brad meant for that to be in (the dreaded) teal color

Ah yes, my fault for not reading to the end. I'm not used to sarcasm going on for more than a sentence or two.  Four is just too many.  Without at least some teal!

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 07:30:06 PM »
Next year there will be plenty of original content.  I will be doing a weekly Marquette program on video from my home studio.  Get ready for MU Scoop the TV show. :)  Here's an original feature on Lebron James when he was a sophomore in high school.  This is my camera work, writing, editing, and producing.  I know it's not MU related, but perhaps you'll enjoy this piece on a superstar in the making.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPQJS_a85gg