Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gottlieb chat  (Read 2617 times)

drewm88

• All American
Gottlieb chat
« on: February 20, 2007, 06:33:14 PM »
Doug Gottlieb, while being his usual hateful self, had chatters turn on him today on ESPN.com. He picks the questions to post, so I don't know why he put some of these up. It's currently Insider, so I've pasted some highlights (the good stuff is at the end):

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14688

Doug Gottlieb: (4:18 PM ET ) Yo--here we go.....
no offense to Ohio State, but why are they number 1 in america?
anyone?
Madison, WI: I was watching the Marquette vs. Nova game last night on ESPN. At halftime, Digger and the gang were talking about Monday's new rankings. There was not one word mentioned about Wisconsin, absolutely no comments whatsoever. All they talked about was how good UCLA and Florida were. What is going on? Haven't the Badgers earned any national respect yet? What will it take?

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:25 PM ET ) Dude--they are number 1 in one poll, number 2 in another---what the heck do you want a 10 minute vinetta with two badger fans on a couch talking about the greatness of Bo Ryan?
Tony (madison): doug- thats the problem #2 in one poll, it is ridiculous that Ohio State is ahead of them

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:29 PM ET ) Does anyone outside of Madison believe that Wiscy is the best team in America?
No.
Does anyone believe that Wiscy is not any good?
No.
So deal with the poll---OSU is not the best nor the second best team, based on performance or record.....Wiscy has the best record and some solid performances, but nothing noteworthy on the road, this week is huge....no more Wisconsin questions, my head hurts.
Joe (NJ): How good can Seton Hall be next season with some big bodies?....
Doug Gottlieb: (4:35 PM ET ) Sorry Joe, no one cares about next year...
Frank (Boston, MA): The Big 12, Pac 10, and Big 10 have their fair share of crappy teams as well, equal to the likes of St Johns and USF. What is Arizona St's RPI? Nebraska's? You are biased, dude. Face it.

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:50 PM ET ) Buddy---listen, Cincy, UCONN, USF and St. John's, Seton Hall aned Rutgers have done nothing to prove they are any good---DePaul has a couple of decent wins but they also have some horrendous losses. Syracuse beat NO One out of conference--- I think that is seven teams---should i go on?
The league is down...it is far and away the worst it has ever been...it will not be forever, but right now...it is horrendous at the bottom. Deal with it.
Chris (Pasadena): Well, that's it. You officially hate everybody!

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:52 PM ET ) No I don't---just teams that think because they have a great name attached to their program, that it entitales them to an NCAA bid.
Chet (Carson City, NV): Nick Fazekas = NBA or Europe?

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:58 PM ET ) NBA---can really score and can really shoot---think of the fact that Steve N0vak is in the league--Fazekas is way better inside and out.
John (Boulder,CO): Texas AM all the way this year? they got the magic to do it with Law and Carter. Darn their clutch. GO aggies!

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (4:59 PM ET ) John this is a chat, but generally there is a question involved.

Tony (Madison): Fazekas better than Novak outside is laughable. Novak may be the best shooter in the NBA, cant do much else, but could beat Fazekas so bad in a shooting contest youd think he stole his credit cards

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (5:03 PM ET ) you're right--- I have no idea what I am talking about---you want to finish?
everybody, Tony is the new chat subject---oh that is right I have actually watched them both, talked to scouts and agents and am very close with Steve's agent---but what the hack--Take it Tony....by the way Fazekas is shooting 48% from three and will end up near 3k points in college....
but Tony, you know better because you are from Wisconsin.

Dave (Wichita, KS): I thought a question mark meant that was a question? Or was that a question?

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (5:04 PM ET ) I question the question and the questionarre and then I do this?

Kevin (Scranton, PA): Boy Dougie, getting a little sensitivo, are we?

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (5:04 PM ET ) No, just having fun.
AT (Philly): who has more character? derrick "questionable character, or doug gottlieb?

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (5:06 PM ET ) equal

Frank (Boston, MA): How did it feel to get kicked out of ND for stealing credit cards your freshman year?

SportsNation Doug Gottlieb: (5:06 PM ET ) felt good dude---especially telling my parents...that was the best....
Doug Gottlieb: (5:10 PM ET ) Ok kids---time is up. I have a radio show to prep for and I have to call tony for advice. Just so you know I pick the questions, so if you embarrassed yourself with spitefull hate filled questions I chose them so all of your boys will by you a drink tonight. Any non-wisconsin/Ohio State related questions email me at thepulse@espnradio.com

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Gottlieb chat
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »
wow, what a complete douche bag.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 06:59:34 PM »
Wow, that was great.

MUshrooms

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 07:07:12 PM »
gottlieb is a complete pretty boy.

bartmiller#1

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 07:32:01 PM »
I'll give him some points for picking the nastier questions.

Wow. 

That's great.

I sort of like that he didn't try to put the normal Q and A sheen on the whole thing. 

I can't believe he posted the credit card question.  Awesome.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 09:19:20 PM »
I actually have a whole new respect for him. That was great.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 09:36:46 PM »
Wow, at first I was thinking it was pretty good that he was being so outspoken.  But by the end I couldn't help but wonder why he would decide to reveal himself to be such an ass.  How did he get this gig in the first place?  Does ESPN like to hire guys with police records? Gottlieb, Irvin.  Hopefully Gottlieb will get the Irvin treatment when his contract comes up.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

NateDoggMarq

• Starter
Best Chat ever
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 09:59:23 PM »
The credit card answer was great!!!

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 10:49:07 PM »
That was a pretty entertaining Q and A...if it was even that. Comes off as a bit of a douche bag, but so did some of those people asking the questions.

feedback