[April 26, 2024, 10:00:30 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: As frustrating as a loss as I can remember.....  (Read 9765 times)

duanewade

• Team Captain
As frustrating as a loss as I can remember.....
« on: March 18, 2010, 09:01:56 PM »
Saw it coming the whole time and it still happened just like a nightmare in spite of multiple opportunities to pull ourselves out of it....officiating also was a difference in this game. 

77champs

• Walk-On
Re: As frustrating as a loss as I can remember.....
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »
in all honesty i think everyone saw this coming..no one could have scripted this better

HylianHero

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 09:03:48 PM »
We freaking suck. I hate how we do this every damn year.

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:06:12 PM »
Officiating was def a difference.  I hate to blame the refs but common, ticky tack garbage and phantom fouls

thatman32

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »
Whatever Jimmy Butler Is SOFT as jello!  He should be embarrassed after tonight.

77champs

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:08:28 PM »
again i really beleive we deserved to lose that game, thats why im not to crazy about this. The way we played defense those last ten minutes and how we got scared to score the ball we should have lost. So its all good. Next year will be fun to watch

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:08:39 PM »
Seriously, is there any way Marquette could actually be the team to hit a last second shot in the tourney?

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 09:09:01 PM »
I love Buzz as much as anyone but he got outcoached on this one also.....sent the team into a shell with a 15 point lead and once this team starts playing timid and the other team gets momentum they revert back to the FSU and NC State losses and start to see it slip away.  

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 09:09:28 PM »
Whatever Jimmy Butler Is SOFT as jello!  He should be embarrassed after tonight

He had a terrible game

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 09:09:43 PM »
Whatever Jimmy Butler Is SOFT as jello!  He should be embarrassed after tonight.

Unfortunately, Jimmy is not Zar.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 09:11:14 PM »
Seriously, is there any way Marquette could actually be the team to hit a last second shot in the tourney?

Hell no. We have every single basketball god against us!

warriorfred

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 09:11:36 PM »
After hitting that shot at St. Johns, Jimmy kind of disappeared down the stretch.  Believe me, I'm not blaming him, but he seemed real uncomfortable on the court the last few minutes.

cschor

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 09:12:17 PM »
Live and learn boys....

Great year, let's make it six in a row next year, keep it building!

Only one team ends the season happy.  Pass the RWB's

punchystones

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 09:12:36 PM »
Couldn't agree more Jimmy Butler played way too soft tonight.  Nice help side defense there on the last possession by Lazar.  Oh nevermind....

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 09:12:52 PM »
What a fitting way to end the season.  Blowing a 15 point lead and loosing the game in the final seconds.  However, this was still a succesful season considering how much we lost and our preseason expectations.  

Bling

• Starter
  • Bling
    • North Shore Dental
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 09:13:24 PM »
As soon as we got up by 15, I knew we were going to blow it.  That was the worst thing that could have happened, having such a big lead.  Not surprised to lose another heartbreaker, just pissed at myself for actually thinking we had a chance

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »
Honestly, when then were pulling away early in the second half,  I kept feeling worse because I knew UW would come back and the bigger the comeback the bigger the momentum wave that carries them.  

romey

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 09:13:47 PM »
where was Zar with the help defense.  It was like he boxed everyone out to clear the lane for pondexter after he beat jimmy

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
I love Buzz as much as anyone but he got outcoached on this one also.....sent the team into a shell with a 15 point lead and once this team starts playing timid and the other team gets momentum they revert back to the FSU and NC State losses and start to see it slip away.  
No..he didn't get outcoached - he got hosebagged by the refs.  When we went up 15..UW resorted to overdenying everything, hounding the hell out of Acker..while hacking him, bumping him...not one call.  Refs let UW get away with extremely agressive D.  When you defend that hard, there are fouls that can be called.  Refs decided to swallow the whistle.  Unless of course it meant giving Pondexter a call...after the refs saw the ball didn't go in..with a terrible late whistle.  
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

punchystones

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 09:15:45 PM »
I am as frustrated as everyone else but can we really blame the loss on the referees when we blew a 15 point lead in the second half and gave up 5+ offensive rebounds in the last two minutes?

muPARTY

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 09:15:53 PM »
Whatever Jimmy Butler Is SOFT as jello!  He should be embarrassed after tonight.

i can't blame him too much for that D on the winning shot, acker or cubillan should have dropped on the drive to help on the low block.  but i've never seen a forward pass up so many shots inside 8ft.  even the commentators said he didnt want to shoot.

edit:  just replayed it, the color guy (forgot his name) said as Jimmy passed it off to DJO, "Butler was hesitant, didn't want the shot..."
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:12:59 PM by muPARTY »

El Duderino

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 09:16:10 PM »
where was Zar with the help defense.  It was like he boxed everyone out to clear the lane for pondexter after he beat jimmy

The crazy thing was we got burned a lot by helping that lead to a kick out for three, but the one time they had to help, nobody did.

Shanunu

• Starter
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 09:16:24 PM »

What was with Cubillan running the point. He was just sitting out in no-mans-land dribbling away until he realized there was a shot clock. I was seriously questioning Buzz's decision not to have Acker handling the ball. Our offense stagnated and we stopped playing defense and they shot themselves back into the game.

MarquetteFan94

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 09:17:42 PM »
Couldn't agree more Jimmy Butler played way too soft tonight.  Nice help side defense there on the last possession by Lazar.  Oh nevermind....

We had to lead the country in blown, double digit second half leads this season (even if we hung on to win).....FSU, NC State, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's, Washington....I'm probably forgetting a couple.

DawgDentist

• Walk-On
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 09:17:52 PM »
Good Game MU, your team is tough, I give you serious props and respect, but no one gave UW any, and now we can show why we were a top 15 team starting the season. This was good for us since we came in under the radar. Jay Bilas can suck it, so can Matt Jones, who said this on cbssports.com

20.  You Will Not Watch Marquette vs Washington:  Its totally unwatchable basketball.  Grind it out, punch each other in the face, game in the 50s.  If this game were a movie, it would be anything starring Sandra Bullock, pre-"Blind Side."  Avoid at all costs.

WRONG WRONG WRONG, MU played a great game hit 3's like I've never seen, Hayward is for real and they rebound like champs despite their size. UW can run with ANYONE, we are built for speed and offense and thrive on pushing the rock, good call Matt, a game in the 50's, apparently he's never seen Marquette play either cause they both lit it up

21.  Having Said That, Marquette is the Lock of the Year:  Washington has literally no chance of winning this game...NO CHANCE.  Right now the line is a pick 'em...Vegas didnt watch Washington play and neither did you.  They won the Pac 10 Tournament, but you, me, Spero Dedes, Dan Werner and Ali from Northern Iowa could have won the Pac 10 Tournament this year.  Put it all on Marquette.

No chance? Pac-10 might be down but I hope this will prove we can play. Marquette your team is tough, good luck next year.

feedback