[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: si.com has Marquette as a 9 seed in Milwaukee  (Read 10262 times)

wadesworld

• All American
si.com has Marquette as a 9 seed in Milwaukee
« on: February 22, 2010, 12:31:59 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/andy_glockner/02/22/bracket-watch/index.html?eref=sihp

Playing Clemson first round.  Then it would be Purdue.  Clemson would by no means be an easy win, and Purdue obviously would be a very tough game, but I would take my chances against Purdue over the other 1 seeds.

I'm pretty sure we can't possibly play in Milwaukee, right?  Considering it is our own home court... If we somehow could, sign me up for this.  We could legitimately make the Elite Eight with that (again, it wouldn't be easy at all, but 2 home games would definitely not hurt our chances).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: si.com has Marquette as a 9 seed in Milwaukee
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:34:53 PM »
Can't play in Milwaukee.  MU is the host school at the BC.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 12:37:22 PM »
Why cant we play in Milwaukee?

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 12:39:37 PM »
because MU is the host school at the Bradley center.  If you're the host school, you can't play at that venue.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:41:08 PM »
Yeah, that won't happen.  Can't play in Milwaukee.  The reason 'Nova was able to play in Philly last year is that they seriously cut back the number of games they played at the Wachovia Center so it technically wasn't their "home court".  Since we play EVERY game at the BC, it's our home court--can't play in the NCAA tourney there.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 12:51:29 PM »
Another reason why playing at the BC sucks! We should exclusively play our home games at the Al when the BC is a host site. Also, all the seats in the Al should be reserved for the students, any leftover seats can be given to the alumni who will wait outside on a first come, first served basis.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 12:52:49 PM »
Another reason why playing at the BC sucks! We should exclusively play our home games at the Al when the BC is a host site. Also, all the seats in the Al should be reserved for the students, any leftover seats can be given to the alumni who will wait outside on a first come, first served basis.

I think you forgot the teal  ;)
The General has taken on a new command.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 12:56:05 PM »
Yeah, that won't happen.  Can't play in Milwaukee.  The reason 'Nova was able to play in Philly last year is that they seriously cut back the number of games they played at the Wachovia Center so it technically wasn't their "home court".  Since we play EVERY game at the BC, it's our home court--can't play in the NCAA tourney there.

How do you think Butler feels?  They've never been allowed to play at the RCA Dome or Lucas Oil Stadium during the first and second rounds, and those places only have a basketball court for one week out of the year.

This whole "host" school rule sucks.  If your campus is within 30 miles of an 1st Round or Regional Site, you shouldn't be able to play there, period.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

goodgreatgrand

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »
I like the current set-up of the ncaa tournament. If you have a good record, the commitee will reward you and you will play as close as possible to your school. If you squeek into the tourney, you shouldnt be granted favors.

There is one loophole that Villanova continually exploits which I think is unfair. Your homecourt is defined as any place in which you play AT LEAST 3 home games. Villanova plays more than four games at the Wachovia Center during years in which the Wachovia Center is not a host site. In the years that it is a site, Nova obviously plays under the amount so that they can be eligible to play there should they make it to the sweet 16/elite 8.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 01:12:45 PM »
I like the current set-up of the ncaa tournament. If you have a good record, the commitee will reward you and you will play as close as possible to your school. If you squeek into the tourney, you shouldnt be granted favors.

There is one loophole that Villanova continually exploits which I think is unfair. Your homecourt is defined as any place in which you play AT LEAST 3 home games. Villanova plays more than four games at the Wachovia Center during years in which the Wachovia Center is not a host site. In the years that it is a site, Nova obviously plays under the amount so that they can be eligible to play there should they make it to the sweet 16/elite 8.

Well said.  It should not be changed... but I agree fix the Nova loophole.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 01:14:37 PM »

As a season ticket holder... thats a horrible idea.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 01:16:44 PM »
As a season ticket holder... thats a horrible idea.

I know, right?

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 01:25:25 PM »

Also, the school can't be the "host school" at the venue.  Last year St. Joe's was the host school at the Wachovia Center, not Nova.  As long as MU is the host school at the BC, we can't play there no matter how many games we play there during the regular season.

wheresthecake?

• Team Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 01:34:32 PM »
They must have fixed it?  It now has us playing in Oklahoma City.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 01:40:47 PM »
LOL...are you SERIOUS?!

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 01:43:12 PM »

The BC is a great venue, but they do need to adjust the way the student section is set up. Our home court advantage would be better if the Students wrapped around the court or even one side of the court like other venues. What's more intimidating to an opponent the way the student body section is set up at the BC currently or a venue like UCLA where the students sit on one side of the court and behind the baskets?

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 01:45:50 PM »
MARQPTM WAS JOKING, PEOPLE.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 01:47:23 PM »
MARQPTM WAS JOKING, PEOPLE.

But there was no TEAL! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF SOMEONE IS JOKING IF THERE'S NO TEAL?!?!?!?

/Teal

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 01:50:17 PM »

But there was no TEAL! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IF SOMEONE IS JOKING IF THERE'S NO TEAL?!?!?!?

/Teal

______

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
I hope we can stay away from a #8 or #9 seed because the winner has to play a #1. Would love to see a #12 seed

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 02:09:26 PM »
Can I say how i don't want to be an 8 or 9 seed. I'd much rather be a 7,10-12. I'd like to make it farther than a 2nd round blowout to John Wall or any other 1 seed.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 02:42:04 PM »
Can I say how i don't want to be an 8 or 9 seed. I'd much rather be a 7,10-12. I'd like to make it farther than a 2nd round blowout to John Wall or any other 1 seed.

Seconded.  Or better than a 7.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 02:51:02 PM »
what's worse is that the NCAA, in an attempt to sell tickets, will give the five-seed Badgers two home games in Milwaukee.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 03:03:15 PM »
11 seed offers the most favorable path to the Final Four.  Without question.

6 - 3 - 2 - 1

The probability of a #1 being knocked off before the Elite 8 is not that far fetched, in which case, the path would go:

6 - 3 - 2 - 4  or
6 - 3 - 2 - 8/9

IMO, the 11 seed gives MU the best chance to get to the FF without playing a 1 seed.  Not that the 1 seeds are all that dominating this year, but I'd rather take my chances with the #3 and #2 early on and hope someone pulls a rabbit out of their Pujol.

Note - I'm not saying MU makes it to the FF, but if I had to choose, I'd take the 11 seed.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 03:05:20 PM »
what's worse is that the NCAA, in an attempt to sell tickets, will give the five-seed Badgers two home games in Milwaukee.

UW coming to Milwaukee could very well happen, but I'm pretty certain it's already sold out.....
Ludum habemus.