[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: si.com has Marquette as a 9 seed in Milwaukee  (Read 10258 times)

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: si.com has Marquette as a 9 seed in Milwaukee
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 03:05:58 PM »
what's worse is that the NCAA, in an attempt to sell tickets, will give the five-seed Badgers two home games in Milwaukee.

That won't help 'em sell tickets this year.  The BC's already sold out for all 3 sessions.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
  • Wish I was at the Maui Invitational
    • The Truth
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 03:13:52 PM »
Another reason why playing at the BC sucks! We should exclusively play our home games at the Al when the BC is a host site. Also, all the seats in the Al should be reserved for the students, any leftover seats can be given to the alumni who will wait outside on a first come, first served basis.
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I hope you realize that they need the big arena to raise enough money to support the athletics program. Recruits are attracted to playign in front of the big crowd its not like the AL has the history of Cameron indoor or Butler's fieldhouse. The BC is one of the programs major selling points.
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

chapman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 03:17:35 PM »
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. I hope you realize that they need the big arena to raise enough money to support the athletics program. Recruits are attracted to playign in front of the big crowd its not like the AL has the history of Cameron indoor or Butler's fieldhouse. The BC is one of the programs major selling points.

Do you believe in unicorns and leprachauns as well?

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 03:20:36 PM »
The BC is a great venue, but they do need to adjust the way the student section is set up. Our home court advantage would be better if the Students wrapped around the court or even one side of the court like other venues. What's more intimidating to an opponent the way the student body section is set up at the BC currently or a venue like UCLA where the students sit on one side of the court and behind the baskets?

It will never happen becasue they need to sell the prime seats to the biggest donors to keep them happy paying the huge salaries to the coaches. They explored this when I was at the school and now it makes sense. Besides we had a 33 game win streak at home becasue of the quality of the team on the floor not becaseu of a bunch of drunks who hold up giants heads. Those players come becasue money has been invested in the program. Somethign schools like DePaul and St John's didn't get awhile ago. That is why we make NCAA's and they pray for NIT's
“When I was losing, they called me nuts. When I was winning they called me eccentric.”

~Al McGuire

Correct morals arise from knowing what man is—not what do-gooders and well-meaning old Aunt Nellies would like him to be.
~Robert Heinlein

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 03:24:17 PM »
Do you believe in unicorns and leprachauns as well?

Obviously you are delusional enough to believe we can compete without it. Do you also Think Marquette shoudl have a football team and join big east football?

~Al McGuire

~Robert Heinlein

MUsoxfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 03:25:58 PM »
This thread is a prime example of why I'm pro-teal

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 03:26:44 PM »
This thread is a prime example of why I'm pro-teal

See, this thread is a prime example of why I am anti-teal.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

OneMadWarrior

• Team Captain
    • The Truth
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 03:28:59 PM »
Teal has nothing to do with it. I just haven't read in awhile and forgot some of the member sense of humor. The problem is I actually have heard students in the past say those exact things. I shodul have questions it when I saw the status of the gentleman makign the post. So in Short, my bad, I need a sense of humor.

~Al McGuire

~Robert Heinlein

🏀

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 03:50:37 PM »
See, this thread is a prime example of why I am anti-teal.

MUScoop. Where hilarious overreactions to sarcasm happen.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 03:57:22 PM »
MUScoop. Where hilarious overreactions to sarcasm happen.

Can we start a whole forum section devoted to Teal/not teal and how much the student section sucks and if it wasn't for greedy old alumni the students would have good seats

tower912

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 04:02:35 PM »
Can we start a whole forum section devoted to Teal/not teal and how much the student section sucks and if it wasn't for greedy old alumni the students would have good seats
....and that the student section is so weak it doesn't deserve primo seats...
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Mike Deane's Seat Belt

• All American
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 08:49:54 AM »
umm can you people please stop speculating about a final four run and just hope we get into the tournament period?

who gives a crap what seed we are , as long as we get in.
Marquette has shown how likely they are to bow out in the first round anyways to a lower seed,
personally I wouldn't mind playing a number one in the second round or whatever just so we can have a chance for the upset and now get upset by a garbage team.

we have a long way to go yet to even get a bid , so let's focus on getting in and not who we play in the final four or elite 8.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 09:11:43 AM »
Marquette has shown how likely they are to bow out in the first round anyways to a lower seed,
personally I wouldn't mind playing a number one in the second round or whatever just so we can have a chance for the upset and now get upset by a garbage team.
Wow, relax.  We won our first round game each of the last 2 years and lost to higher seeded teams.  The year before that we lost the 8-9 matchup as the 8 seed without our 2nd best player due to injury.  Alabama in 2006 was the biggest "upset" as the 7 seed.  And I wouldn't call a 3 point loss a blowout.  But that's just me.

The last NCAA Tournament we made before that?  Oh yeah, we went to a Final Four, beating 2 higher seeds on the way.

So I'm not sure where you get this idea that we bow out to garbage teams in a blowout.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2010, 09:20:44 AM »
umm can you people please stop speculating about a final four run and just hope we get into the tournament period?

we have a long way to go yet to even get a bid , so let's focus on getting in and not who we play in the final four or elite 8.

Seeing as how the majority of this thread has been dealing with the epic issue of "teal vs. no teal" and that I'm the only one that even mentioned Final Four... I'll field this one.

1) I didn't speculate for a second about a FF run as explicitly disclaimed in my post.  I merely implied that the best opportunity for a team with an 8-12 seed to ring up a few upsets was the 11 seed.

2) I would absolutely love for you to explain how is MU has a long way to go to get into the tournament yet is likely to bow out in the first round to a lower seed?

3) As has been mentioned ad nauseum on multiple threads, if you don't like speculation, why the heck are you on an internet fan board?

[Teal omitted purposefully]
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2010, 09:22:01 AM »
Well said.  It should not be changed... but I agree fix the Nova loophole.
And stop putting a site in North Carolina every freaking year (hosted by Wake Forest or NC State, of course).

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2010, 09:23:14 AM »
Wow, relax.  We won our first round game each of the last 2 years and lost to higher seeded teams.  The year before that we lost the 8-9 matchup as the 8 seed without our 2nd best player due to injury.  Alabama in 2006 was the biggest "upset" as the 7 seed.  And I wouldn't call a 3 point loss a blowout.  But that's just me.

The last NCAA Tournament we made before that?  Oh yeah, we went to a Final Four, beating 2 higher seeds on the way.

So I'm not sure where you get this idea that we bow out to garbage teams in a blowout.

For a very limited defense to his statement - he said "bow out" not blowout.

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »
How do you think Butler feels?  They've never been allowed to play at the RCA Dome or Lucas Oil Stadium during the first and second rounds, and those places only have a basketball court for one week out of the year.

This whole "host" school rule sucks.  If your campus is within 30 miles of an 1st Round or Regional Site, you shouldn't be able to play there, period.

+1
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2010, 08:55:04 PM »
The BC is a great venue, but they do need to adjust the way the student section is set up. Our home court advantage would be better if the Students wrapped around the court or even one side of the court like other venues. What's more intimidating to an opponent the way the student body section is set up at the BC currently or a venue like UCLA where the students sit on one side of the court and behind the baskets?

That's just not realistic.  MU is working very hard to try to increase overall giving.  We lag way behind some of our primary competitors.  The Blue & Gold Fund raises a lot of money.  You can forget about upsetting important season ticket holders.  There aren't tax dollars flowing into MU.  It's tuition and gifts.  And the gifts are the lifeblood.  I understand your point but do think of the $$.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2010, 09:12:19 PM »
Careful here, glow, or someone will rip you like I was ripped for stating that endowment size translates to quality and education one receives at a university. MU's already woefully endowment puts us behind our competition.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2010, 10:12:00 PM »
Please, oh please come to SAN JOSE!!!
SS Marquette