Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lazar in the last huddle  (Read 7346 times)

Coleman

• All American
Re: Lazar in the last huddle
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »
Does anyone remember Louis from Real Chili? I don't think that guy was ever on payroll. He just hung out behind the counter and filled up bowls.

And of course we are forgetting FREEWAY. Has he been at any games this year? I feel like his presence is diminishing. :'(

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 11:53:39 AM »
Mo was a local that I always ran into.  one of the few locals that i'd give a beer to.

purple jacket lady.

the good bum.  the guy that had a grey jacket and stocking cap on that walked around all day picking up cigarette butts.  was rumored to be a sociology professor from Duke doing research (this was also around the time that Britney Spears was coming to Marquette).  Dressed like the good bum one year for halloween, then ran into him.  slightly embarrassing.

Troy the wheelchair dude was cool for awhile then he just got psycotic on you.

one night, had a 50+ case party when MU was cracking down on kegs.  collected them all and put them in the dumpster out back.  around 8 am, local dude opens up the dumpster on his regular rounds and sees the silver glory that was 1500 cans of Keystone Light in one dumpster.  dude looked like scrooge mcduck swimming on his money.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »

one night, had a 50+ case party when MU was cracking down on kegs.  collected them all and put them in the dumpster out back.  around 8 am, local dude opens up the dumpster on his regular rounds and sees the silver glory that was 1500 cans of Keystone Light in one dumpster.  dude looked like scrooge mcduck swimming on his money.

Hahaha that is amazing. Guy was probably stoked, that's a solid $25.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
I was trying to think of other memorable characters that were in the MU neighborhood while going to school from 96-00.  Ziggy was the most unique name (that could be used in place of The Gipper)

#Ziggy-  $1 hamburgers (no cheese) w/ one topping (ketchup or mustard)... funny guy who sure liked women.

#Farakahn-  the 12 year old kid who hung out on campus and was afraid to go home to his messed up parent... good kid at the time with a bad situation

#Creepy wheelchair dude that carries knife for self defense... he's been showing up at MU parties/bars for years... just saw him in September this year at Murphy's.

#Jeff- the Real Chili dude that was definitely doing his best to recover from some drug problem that relapsed... disappeared one weekend and never saw him again... but he sure could serve some chili!

#Keg delivery guy from Greenfield liquor-  best mullet in town.  

Wow...I'm having some serious flashbacks right now! Good stuff!

feedback