Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: [GoMarquette.com] "Gold Out" Planned Thursday Night When MU Hosts No. 19/21 Pittsburgh  (Read 48545 times)

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
Re: [GoMarquette.com] \
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2010, 01:01:05 PM »
To be fair, the majority of Warrior fans don't remember how or why the name changed from Hilltoppers. They just know they love "Warrirors".

You mean because the Braves were hot and Marquette wanted to capitalize on the marketing and also go with an Native American mascot name?
But I like to throw handfuls...

muballer10

• Starter
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2010, 01:07:43 PM »
I could care less. I root for Marquette. Not a mascot. I just don't like self righteous people telling anyone what to do. If it is an organized "Gold Out" to try and build unity, that is one thing,

That is one thing? What else could it possibly be? The administrators looking for support of the Golden Eagles nickname, 17 years later? That IS the thing. Filling a stadium with the home teams colors is a great thing for both players and fans. It is a shame people like yourself refuse based on some propoganda disguised as morals. "Don't tell me what to do" makes you sound like a five year old. On behalf of Pere Marquette, Father Wild, Al McGuire and all of the evil administrators who organized this shameful "Gold out", I'm genuinely sorry for asking you for anything. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2010, 01:10:59 PM »
What a sad, sad life you must lead. Being filled with bitterness is no way to go through life.

No life to speak of and I'm not a whole lot of fun either. That's why I wouldn't want to make things worse by dressing up because a bunch of losers at Nelligan Sports Marketing think it'd look good on TV.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2010, 01:15:48 PM »
You mean because the Braves were hot and Marquette wanted to capitalize on the marketing and also go with an Native American mascot name?

Yea, it was such a noble cause that none of the Hilltopper fans should be pissed.

Errrr.... welllllll Iiiiiii.... uhhhhh.... you see.... hmmmm.... GO WARRIORS!

I know you are not defending that. I'm just sayin'.

For the record, I'm "pro-everything". If you like Warriors, that's awesome. I like them all. It's just a nickname.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2010, 01:21:35 PM »
That is one thing? What else could it possibly be? The administrators looking for support of the Golden Eagles nickname, 17 years later? That IS the thing. Filling a stadium with the home teams colors is a great thing for both players and fans. It is a shame people like yourself refuse based on some propoganda disguised as morals. "Don't tell me what to do" makes you sound like a five year old. On behalf of Pere Marquette, Father Wild, Al McGuire and all of the evil administrators who organized this shameful "Gold out", I'm genuinely sorry for asking you for anything. 

To quote Richard from Tommy Boy "It's called reading. Top to bottom, left to right. Group words together as a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches, Midol for any cramps."

I said I support the Gold Out. I just don't like people like you telling other people to stop supporting the Warrior name. Maybe they grew up supporting the Jim, Damon, Rob, the Tony's, etc.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2010, 01:24:54 PM »

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2010, 01:29:58 PM »
To quote Richard from Tommy Boy "It's called reading. Top to bottom, left to right. Group words together as a sentence. Take Tylenol for any headaches, Midol for any cramps."

I said I support the Gold Out. I just don't like people like you telling other people to stop supporting the Warrior name. Maybe they grew up supporting the Jim, Damon, Rob, the Tony's, etc.

+1988

(The year I started attending MU games)

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2010, 01:30:50 PM »

argyle-out?
No excuse, ladies.  This sweater with those pants!!!!!!  Maybe it would give the opponents vertigo . .. similar to claims made about the stripes on the old warrior uni's.
http://www.landsend.com/pp/FineGaugeArgyleCardiganSweater~198860_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::KVN&CM_MERCH=IDX_00002__0000000119
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:33:57 PM by Muhoops85 »
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2010, 01:36:29 PM »
I'd support a nude out. Wonder how ESPN would deal with that?

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »

in Milwaukee?  ewww
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

APieperFan3

• Team Captain
  • We Are Marquette
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2010, 01:45:55 PM »

HAHA!!...until Lazar knocks down back to back 3s with 5 minutes left to go in the game to put MU up 6 and they start playing "jump Around"!!

...too far?...perhaps

Anyways....

I don't want to get into the discussion as far as the gold out...but if you have that big of a problem with it...buy one of the GOLD 'Warriors Forever', or 'Marquette Warriors' T-shirts...everyone is happy....

Warriors, Hilltoppers, Golden Eagles...any of them work...but i know one thing is for sure...

WE ARE...MARQUETTE!!!
The "average fan" is an idiot.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2010, 01:46:51 PM »
I think we should go back to the Gold. Never were Marquette fans and alums so united.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »
The "old timers" will never change, so let them get all upset. The only thing I wish, is that students would stop trying to be cool and calling themselves warriors. I was six years old in 1993. Freshman were two years old. We came to this school as Golden Eagles, and we leave this school as Golden Eagles. "Warriors" who are upset that their name got changed are the highest level of hypocrites, considering that name replaced MU Hilltoppers. Fans under 30, please please let it go. When Im an old timer, I don't want this debate to continue. There is a reason there isn't a "Bring back the Hilltoppers thread!" and that is because the students from the 50s on embraced the Warriors moniker. Lets call it like it is. Dwade, Novak, Diener, Wes, DJ, Jerel, Lazar and Jimmy were all Golden Eagles. Don't call yourself a Warrior to be retro. You (fans under 30) are a Golden Eagle. Live with it.

"These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." Wes Matthews

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2010, 01:58:00 PM »
Here's a gold Warriors shirt, then everyone is happy.

http://jerkassclothing.spreadshirt.com/warriors-A4756331

reinko

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2010, 01:58:35 PM »
"These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." Wes Matthews

As long they do not refer to themselves soldiers.

/Winslow'ed

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2010, 02:24:15 PM »
I think we should go back to the Gold. Never were Marquette fans and alums so united.

LOL!  So true, so true.....

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »
Here's a gold Warriors shirt, then everyone is happy.

http://jerkassclothing.spreadshirt.com/warriors-A4756331

Those are good (and seemingly always available), but while they last, I like these (style wise) better...

http://www.rendershirts.com/scoop/
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 05:22:52 PM by rocky_warrior »

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2010, 05:09:04 PM »
You're right, those are great, I should have read the t-shirt thread.

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2010, 06:18:01 PM »
Some people are just puds .

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2010, 09:55:58 PM »
At Mississippi State they have a maroon/white out.  Every other section is alternating in color for their game against Kentucky.

MU111

• Starter
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2010, 10:31:06 PM »

I'll never forget standing in the median on Wisconsin Avenue with a giant sign that said "Honk if you hate 'Gold'" during rush hour.  That got a lot of great responses.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2010, 10:52:46 PM »
I'm an older alum.  Got my gold MU shirt 3 years ago.  It doesn't say "Yellow Chickens" on it anywhere.  I wear it to all the games I go to and somehow don't feel morally compromised even though I'm a Warrior fan.  (Still have a circa 1980 t-shirt in storage.)  You should wear gold Thursday NOT because of ESPN or the administration, but so when the team walks out on the court they see a sea of yellow in the stands.  It's to inspire those guys on the court.  So my unsolicited advice for all you bitter alums out there is swallow hard, put on the gold, and do it for the TEAM we support!

P.S. Love those pants!

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2010, 11:11:56 PM »
I was in grad school at Marquette when Al was here and we won it all.  I wear Gold to all the games.  If they're calling for a gold-out to support the team, intimate the opponents, help us win, I'm all for it.

GO MARQUETTE!

TT13

• Walk-On
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2010, 12:43:10 AM »
Where is that Matthews quote from?