'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Western Kentucky

Marquette
Marquette vs

Western Kentucky

Date/Time: Mar 22, 2024, 1:00 pm
TV: TBS
Schedule for 2023-24
UConn

Author Topic: [GoMarquette.com] "Gold Out" Planned Thursday Night When MU Hosts No. 19/21 Pittsburgh  (Read 48521 times)

jaygall31

• Team Captain
  • Just get shots up...Turnovers are what KILL you.
Re: [GoMarquette.com] \
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2010, 06:08:34 AM »
This is easily some of the dumbest reasoning I have ever seen masquerading as "spirit."  

Do you support the basketball team?  If yes, wear gold.  It has nothing to do with the name.

couldn't agree more!
It's not about ME,
It's about US.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2010, 06:39:09 AM »
Here's a thought, for fan participation, in celebration of gold. During the first TV timeout, those in the upper bowl should whip their gregs out or, in the case of a female fan, squat and produce a golden shower to all the crusty, old farts sitting in the 200 level seats.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2010, 06:44:14 AM »
Man up, ladybug, quit your whining, and wear some gold.    We get your point.   Now do the right thing. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2010, 08:12:26 AM »
Here's a thought, for fan participation, in celebration of gold. During the first TV timeout, those in the upper bowl should whip their gregs out or, in the case of a female fan, squat and produce a golden shower to all the crusty, old farts sitting in the 200 level seats.

That sounds like something the West Virginia fans would go for...
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

______

• Walk-On
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2010, 08:44:53 AM »
The "color" outs are over done and unoriginal... The atmosphere on Sat night against USF was awful and both the lower bowl(season ticket holders) and the students were simply not into the game. I just hope that will change on Thurs night!

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »
I fear for my life if I do not wear gold...

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2010, 10:45:04 AM »
The "color" outs are over done and unoriginal... The atmosphere on Sat night against USF was awful and both the lower bowl(season ticket holders) and the students were simply not into the game. I just hope that will change on Thurs night!

You forgot to complain about the band, big heads and older alums who just refuse to stand up and cheer.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2010, 11:02:29 AM »
do it for the TEAM we support!
I agree with KC. Marquette's colors are Blue and GOLD. I understand the Golden Eagle issues and the Gold fiasco. Would it be different if it were a Blue out? I, too, wear Gold to every game in support of the team and I am from the Warrior era.

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2010, 12:03:20 PM »
I'm a long-time reader, first-time poster, alum, and forever a Warrior. I wear a GOLD Warrior shirt to every game. Was anybody here in New Orleans in 2003 for the final four? I was. The coolest feeling (before we got slaughtered by Kansas) was walking into the pre-game party at the hotel and seeing several thousand MU fans.....ALL WEARING GOLD.

I can hear Len Elmore now: "Marquette wanted to 'gold out' tonight, but look at all the schlubs who didn't bother. 60% of the fans are wearing gold. What a lame effort. This is just another reason why I like Pitt and bash Marquette all the time."

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2010, 12:13:27 PM »
You guys are lemmings!!! If I'm not wearing gold I'm not supporting the team? What a joke!!

You're probably the same guys who get excited when your company lets you wear jeans to work. Yeah!! Blues jeans!! At work!! This is awesome!!! And cookies in the break room, too!!!

Stick it to The Man!
Power to the people!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #110 on: February 17, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »
Stick it to The Man!
Power to the people!

Agreed.

Pay good $ for season tickets, but stick it the MU administration by not wearing a gold shirt.

That's hitting 'em where it hurts!

They'll be forced to listen now!

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #111 on: February 17, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »
Marquette Guard Dwight Buycks just called me to tell me to wear gold for tomorrow nights game. Gonna have to listen to Dwight. If Buzz would have called me I would be wearing a "Gold Man" spandex thing... that or those sweet sweet gold argyle golf pants.

On a side note I used to wear a powder blue argyle sweater vest to the games. That all changed when that Sweater vest lost to DePaul. Since then I switched to Gold and We've been undefeated. Not that i'm superstitious or anything...

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2010, 01:28:44 PM »
Dwight just called me, too.  I wish I could find those sweet argyle pants to go with my gold shirt.
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2010, 07:52:37 PM »
Wow, glad our guys are making phone calls instead of practicing. No wonder this season has turned South lately.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #114 on: February 17, 2010, 08:10:01 PM »
I'm a long-time reader, first-time poster, alum, and forever a Warrior. I wear a GOLD Warrior shirt to every game. Was anybody here in New Orleans in 2003 for the final four? I was. The coolest feeling (before we got slaughtered by Kansas) was walking into the pre-game party at the hotel and seeing several thousand MU fans.....ALL WEARING GOLD.

I can hear Len Elmore now: "Marquette wanted to 'gold out' tonight, but look at all the schlubs who didn't bother. 60% of the fans are wearing gold. What a lame effort. This is just another reason why I like Pitt and bash Marquette all the time."

Totally agree.

club cheezes VIP lounge

• Walk-On
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2010, 08:41:26 PM »
club cheeze fully supports the gold out!!!

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2010, 08:59:45 PM »
I seem to see quite a bit of gold in this shot right after we won the National Championship....

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2010, 09:43:08 PM »
I believe the handsome cat, though you can't see his face, to the far left in the pic with his back to the camera,................IS ME!!!
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2010, 09:44:28 PM »
I believe the handsome cat, though you can't see his face, to the far left in the pic with his back to the camera,................IS ME!!!

In gold?!?!?!

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2010, 09:54:08 PM »
Hey, all young kids do some silly, stupid, crap at times. Actually, should the truth be told, the color was canary yellow with turquoise. And, no I'm not going to lay the blame on Crean for this one.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2010, 09:55:28 PM »
That picture turned out better than I expected.

Warrior3211

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2010, 09:56:30 AM »
Wow, glad our guys are making phone calls instead of practicing. No wonder this season has turned South lately.

Have you missed the last fews games? How has the season turned south lately? We're on a win streak and on our way to getting into the NCAA tournament when nobody thought we could.  I'm sure the phone recording that Dwight Buycks did took him a total of 5 minutes and didn't cost him much practice time

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2010, 09:57:28 AM »
Have you missed the last fews games? How has the season turned south lately? We're on a win streak and on our way to getting into the NCAA tournament when nobody thought we could.  I'm sure the phone recording that Dwight Buycks did took him a total of 5 minutes and didn't cost him much practice time

Teal=sarcasm
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2010, 10:15:15 AM »
Teal=sarcasm
Where is it written that teal = sarcasm...?  Or, is that just some dumb "in" thing to do on this board?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2010, 10:17:33 AM »
I am just going by what I have been told / read on this board.

Not everyone uses it, but I am guessing in this case ReneeRow was.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt