[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Poll

What's your favorite signature sauce?

Queso
12 (63.2%)
Ancho Chili BBQ
5 (26.3%)
Pesto
0 (0%)
Ranchera
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Qdoba Street Team  (Read 7231 times)

QMkting

• Walk-On
Qdoba Street Team
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:36:56 PM »
The Marquette Qdoba is looking for outgoing Marquette students for a Qdoba street team.  Please email lyops@roaring-fork.com if interested.  Did I mention there's free food involved?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: Qdoba Street Team
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:41:13 PM »
My favorite sauce is the Mole sauce, which you cut...

>:(
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 02:51:32 PM »
The Marquette Qdoba is looking for outgoing Marquette students for a Qdoba street team.  Please email lyops@roaring-fork.com if interested.  Did I mention there's free food involved?

TallTitan was only the Golden Eagle because there wasn't a Qdoba Burrito mascot suit available during his tenure.  You should PM him.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 03:15:03 PM »
Where did they put the qdoba on campus?

Old DQ location?  (George Webb i think went there right after DQ)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Jam Chowder

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:21:45 PM »
One word: CHIPOTLE

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 03:28:18 PM »
Where did they put the qdoba on campus?

Old DQ location?  (George Webb i think went there right after DQ)

Yes, DQ became GW, which is now Qdoba.  And the old Blockbuster is now open pantry.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 03:31:27 PM »
I didn't realize this was free ad space.

go pettle your crappy burritos some place else.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
Yes, DQ became GW, which is now Qdoba.  And the old Blockbuster is now open pantry.

What is located in the OP spot?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 03:48:19 PM »
I didn't realize this was free ad space.

go pettle your crappy burritos some place else.

Cut Leann some slack.  I believe she first came on the board when the "Qdoba to the BC" thread was in full force back in 2008. And its not like she is selling Canadian drugs or Acai Berry juice. She had a legitimate question for current MU students.

She even knew to post this in the Super Bar.   ;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

LON

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »
Chipotle would be better if they didn't skimp on everything.  If I'm paying $6 for a burrito, that thing better have some girth to it.

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 04:41:19 PM »
What is located in the OP spot?

I presume you are referencing the old OP spot on 16th by Bookmarq?  If so - last time I saw it, it was a place that MU allowed student organizations to use for practice.  I typically saw dance groups and those role playing groups (not the sexual ones, the ones from the movie "Role Models" - is there a name for them?)

smrunner99

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 04:44:41 PM »
It is called Liare in the moive: Live Action Interactive Roleplaying Explorers or LARP.

Just wasted some work time looking that up.  So you mean to tell me MU actaully has a sponsored group?

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 04:49:58 PM »
No idea if it's MU sponsored or if MU charges for use of the space, or if they plan on turning it into something else and people can use it freely upon request.  Just know that I have seen people in their with swords/maces/shields/etc.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 05:15:45 PM »
I presume you are referencing the old OP spot on 16th by Bookmarq?  If so - last time I saw it, it was a place that MU allowed student organizations to use for practice.  I typically saw dance groups and those role playing groups (not the sexual ones, the ones from the movie "Role Models" - is there a name for them?)

I think we always used to call them the Dungeons and Dragons club.  They would have big events like at the end of Role Models across the street from Schroeder from time to time.  Pretty funny.

Anyway, have they still not even made an effort to get a business in there?  It's not like there aren't a dozen other locations around campus for groups to meet and practice (academic buildings, dorms, AMU).  And I'm guessing they moved the Registrar's Office to the new academic building?  Has anything gone in there?

As far as Qdoba and Chipotle, I tired of them both.  Last Chipotle experience was one of those previously mentioned $6 burritos that was way too small.  I was at the Qdoba on campus a few months ago; they didn't have any chicken but still charged me more for steak, and I had to wait a good five minutes for the steak to be available.  I almost went to OP for a burrito, but I'm still convinced that place is owned by the devil and that Wawa needs to expand to Wisconsin so OP goes out of business within four seconds.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 05:23:40 PM by chapman »

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 08:25:54 PM »
Anyway, have they still not even made an effort to get a business in there?  It's not like there aren't a dozen other locations around campus for groups to meet and practice (academic buildings, dorms, AMU).  And I'm guessing they moved the Registrar's Office to the new academic building?  Has anything gone in there?

Not sure if you are asking me directly or if its more of a general question, but I'll respond anyway.  I have no idea what's going on on campus for the most part.  I graduated in May and live on the East Side now (near the new Sobleman's Tall Grass - which isn't as good as the original, but can still appease the cravings every once in awhile).  I assume they are trying to put a business in the old OP but can't say what progress has been made.  I do believe the Registrar's office is in Zielber now though.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 10:57:54 AM »
One word: CHIPOTLE

Over-rated *Clap Clap Clap clapclap*

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 12:23:11 PM »

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000  *Clap Clap Clap clapclap*

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 12:27:08 PM »
I think we always used to call them the Dungeons and Dragons club.  They would have big events like at the end of Role Models across the street from Schroeder from time to time.  Pretty funny.

I saw them out there once in a while... I'm surprised nobody ever got the idea took it upon themselves to go up to the roof of the Wells structure with a water balloon launcher.  After all, there were all sorts of things launched out of trebuchets during medieval times, right?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »
Chipotle would be better if they didn't skimp on everything.  If I'm paying $6 for a burrito, that thing better have some girth to it.

I'm guessing that this must vary from store to store.  I've eaten quite a few Chipotle burritos (more than I should have).  The word "skimpy" has never come to mind.  I've only eaten at Qdoba a few times (there aren't many around here) and I've always thought they were about the same size -- certainly not bigger.  Maybe I ate at a Qdoba that was skimping on things compared to other locations.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 01:00:39 PM »
I didn't want to put a big target on my jersey or to show how outdated I am, but uncle ... what is a Qdoba Street Team?

LON

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 01:38:51 PM »
I didn't want to put a big target on my jersey or to show how outdated I am, but uncle ... what is a Qdoba Street Team?

Have you ever seen the Red Bull car with the huge can on it?

I'm assuming something similar.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 01:39:50 PM »

Street team- A Street team is a term used in marketing to describe a group of people who 'hit the streets' promoting an event or a product. 'Street Teams' are a powerful promotional tool that has been adopted industry wide as a standard line item in marketing budgets by entertainment companies, record labels, the tech industry, corporate brand marketers, new media companies and direct marketers worldwide. Street team members that are highly trained are now called Brand Ambassadors

Qdoba Mexican Grill is a chain of fast casual "Fresh Mex" restaurants in the United States serving Mexican-style cuisine. The company is owned by Jack in the Box, having been owned and expanded by ACI Capital until 2003.[1]

Founder and Colorado native Anthony Miller and partner Robert Hauser opened the first restaurant in 1995. The Denver, Colorado, location was an immediate success with first year revenues exceeding $1,500,000. The cost of opening the 1,300-square-foot (120 m2) store was only $180,000.

The restaurants have gone through a few name changes. After initially opening as Zuma, the name was changed to Z-TECA Mexican Grill to avoid confusion with other Zuma Mexican restaurants. When that name was deemed to be too similar to Z'Tejas Southwestern Grill the name Qdoba was invented.

Qdoba now operates over 450 fast casual restaurant locations throughout the United States. In 2003, San Diego-based Jack in the Box company acquired the chain from a private investment firm called ACI Capital.[1]

Qdoba serves burritos made in the San Francisco burrito style, tacos, quesadillas, taco salads, Mexican gumbo, and fresh guacamole. The restaurant fits into the "fast casual" category, offering both quick service and a higher quality of food than typical fast-food restaurants. Customers order by selecting an entrée, then choosing its ingredients. All of the items are made in plain view of the customer. The chain's current slogan is "Hot, Mild, Medium? To go?"
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 01:43:23 PM »
Street team- A Street team is a term used in marketing to describe a group of people who 'hit the streets' promoting an event or a product. 'Street Teams' are a powerful promotional tool that has been adopted industry wide as a standard line item in marketing budgets by entertainment companies, record labels, the tech industry, corporate brand marketers, new media companies and direct marketers worldwide. Street team members that are highly trained are now called Brand Ambassadors
Thanks.

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 02:01:13 PM »

Please. Chipotle is far superior. Better meats, better salsas, better rice, better chips, better guac... Just better.

I will say, however, that a properly-made queso burrito from Qdoba is the best item on either menu. Unfortunately, I've only ever had one that I would consider "properly made." Subsequent orders have failed to live up to that first taste of queso burrito goodness. I'll give the edge to Chipotle. It ain't even close.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 02:06:11 PM »

Please. Chipotle is far superior. Better meats, better salsas, better rice, better chips, better guac... Just better.

You pay more at chipotle due to the quality of ingredients...  Food with Integrity, i.e. organic, free range, hormone free, etc etc.  

If you just want to be full after eating go to taco bell.

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt