Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

ā€œIā€™m worried that Marquette will miss the 2025 NCAA Tournament.ā€ -Field of 68 by Viper
[Today at 07:27:04 PM]

NM by mu_hilltopper
[Today at 07:15:38 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by zcg2013
[Today at 01:19:59 PM]

Go Here by tower912
[Today at 11:41:21 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 30, 2024, 06:21:03 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[May 30, 2024, 05:04:33 PM]

2024-25 Roster by StillAWarrior
[May 30, 2024, 03:43:45 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Band Discussion..  (Read 25391 times)

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Marquette Band Discussion..
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2010, 07:49:07 AM »
I like the band and think they add a ton to the atmosphere at the game. They give the BC a real collegiate feel. Believe me, we'd miss them if they were gone

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2010, 07:52:19 AM »
I like the band and think they add a ton to the atmosphere at the game. They give the BC a real collegiate feel. Believe me, we'd miss them if they were gone

I'm just glad they get to play during stupid crap like the Kiss Cam.

Hey, remember when people didn't need entertainment during timeouts to maintain interest in a basketball game?
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2010, 09:15:09 AM »
Kiss Cam = Awesome. 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2010, 09:32:16 AM »
The Kiss Cam is a thousand times more entertaining then the idiotic jump thing. It's at the point where I might start booing that idiot they keep showing. I don't care who he is.

maxpower773

• Starter
« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2010, 09:56:15 AM »
The Kiss Cam is a thousand times more entertaining then the idiotic jump thing. It's at the point where I might start booing that idiot they keep showing. I don't care who he is.

How old are you? At least he's getting into it and enjoying his time. Most other people enjoy it, or if they don't they just ignore it.  To hate a guy for doing nothing to you is pretty damn immature....not like the rest of this thread hasn't been...(oh and he's not an idiot, especially given the fact he owns a successful engineering company)

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2010, 10:09:37 AM »
I really enjoyed it last year when late in the season they showed a highlight clip of his jumps during the season.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2010, 10:20:46 AM »
i definitely don't see why its so bad to be anti-jump.  i mean the guy himself is fine i guess, but his celebrity has gotten a little old.  more than anything, i have always been anti-jump because i think it is UW's thing.  they do it better than everyone else, and I don't get how people don't cringe when they come in and we play jump and go crazy.

mugrad2006

• Team Captain
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2010, 10:23:14 AM »
Kiss Cam = Awesome. 

Best Kiss Cam was back when they first introduced it in '03 or '04. They would finish with two players on the other team's bench.  I only saw it once or twice, so I'm guessing the administration put the stops on it pretty quickly.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »
How old are you? At least he's getting into it and enjoying his time. Most other people enjoy it, or if they don't they just ignore it.  To hate a guy for doing nothing to you is pretty damn immature....not like the rest of this thread hasn't been...(oh and he's not an idiot, especially given the fact he owns a successful engineering company)

I don't "hate" the man. But I don't care what he owns...when you act like an idiot, be prepared to be called one. The idea that "owning a successful engineering company" precludes one from being called out for acting like an idiot is laughable.

bs4173

• Team Captain
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2010, 11:07:27 AM »
I don't "hate" the man. But I don't care what he owns...when you act like an idiot, be prepared to be called one. The idea that "owning a successful engineering company" precludes one from being called out for acting like an idiot is laughable.

I think he's great. His reason for "being an idiot" was because the alums around him were always sitting on their a$$es. Give him credit for having some spirit. For what it's worth, students love him.

Also, if anybody thinks our band sucks, listen to Providence's. Yikes, man.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2010, 12:04:17 PM »
For the record, there was a time when Freeway was shown dancing on the jumbotron.

He doesn't own his own engineering company.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2010, 12:13:19 PM »
...when you act like an idiot, be prepared to be called one. The idea that "owning a successful engineering company" precludes one from being called out for acting like an idiot is laughable.

And the Curmudgeon of the Week award goes to ... PRN!

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2010, 12:53:46 PM »
where are all the people starting account to defend Mo and Fulce on the other threads? people are saying the suck.  ?-(  ?-(  ?-(

Sheriff

• Starter
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2010, 01:19:35 PM »
Best Kiss Cam was back when they first introduced it in '03 or '04. They would finish with two players on the other team's bench.  I only saw it once or twice, so I'm guessing the administration put the stops on it pretty quickly.

I clearly remember one time that happened.  Cincinnati. Classic.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2010, 01:25:27 PM »

I also remember that .. awesome .. and wonder why they stopped .. but I wonder if it has something to with timing and where the guys sit during a TO.   Generally, if there's a time out, the guys are all sitting/standing on the court around the coach.  For a kiss cam shot, you need them to be sitting on chairs, next to eachother. 

lakersfan839

• Walk-On
« Reply #115 on: February 06, 2010, 05:17:25 PM »

I believe it was last year or maybe early this year, but they did it once recently. Have not seen it since that one time. I can not recall which game.

club cheezes VIP lounge

• Walk-On
« Reply #116 on: February 06, 2010, 06:00:35 PM »
the band rocks!!!  thanks to all the musicians-past, present, and future-that help make college basketball so great.

feedback