Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz Williams v. Kevin O'Neil in a home and home series  (Read 9786 times)

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
Buzz Williams v. Kevin O'Neil in a home and home series
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:52:49 PM »
starting next year at the Galen Center:

http://insidesocal.com/usc/archives/2010/01/marquette-match.html

Never thought I would see my two schools play each other unless it was in a post-season or pre-season tournament. But USC is my football school and Marquette is my basketball school, so I will be rooting for Marquette in this series.

Count me as definitely in for going to LA for the first game.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: Buzz Williams v. Kevin O'Neil in a home and home series
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:02:51 PM »
That's really cool. Granted USC isn't the same team they were last year, but should be a tough matchup either way.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:04:34 PM »
starting next year at the Galen Center:

http://insidesocal.com/usc/archives/2010/01/marquette-match.html

Never thought I would see my two schools play each other unless it was in a post-season or pre-season tournament. But USC is my football school and Marquette is my basketball school, so I will be rooting for Marquette in this series.

Count me as definitely in for going to LA for the first game.

Awesome, it's been forever since they played in So. Cal.  In fact, it's been since 1988 if I recall....vs Loyola Marymount in which we lost.

I'll wear my Lame Kiffin blows shirt in your honor SCdem.    ;D

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:05:28 PM »
Its about time we played out west again. I loved the Zona series. Personally I'd love to see us play a PAC-10 team on the road every 2 years. Its the one area of the country where Marquette still isn't very well known.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 11:06:33 PM »
Nice home and home for MU.  

Chicos you hosting the pre-game celebration?   ;D

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 11:08:16 PM »
Awesome, it's been forever since they played in So. Cal.  In fact, it's been since 1988 if I recall....vs Loyola Marymount in which we lost.

I'll wear my Lame Kiffin blows shirt in your honor SCdem.    ;D

March 2006 if you count our NCAA first round loss to Alabama in San Diego.

And I'm sure you can find a far more creative t-shirt if you troll around on the TN boards.

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 11:33:55 PM »

Depending on the day and the time, my vote would be to see if the we could get a permit to tailgate on the USC campus or near the LA Coliseum and then walk over. McKay's and The Lab are nice campus-run bar options, but if you want the real USC experience we should all go to "Nine-O" (real name 901 Bar and Grill, but all USC students call it the "Nine-O.")

Sungod

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 11:39:34 PM »
You can count me in for the USC/MU game, guess I won't have to plan a trip back to beer town.

BTW - MU also played in Anaheim two years ago, beating Kentucky and losing to Stanford.  I didn't make it to those games, but was at the Alabama game down in San Diego.  It was unbelievably lucky to have them play in So Cal 2 years in a row in tournament.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 11:47:13 PM »
I was at both NCAA receptions and they were great. I will definitely go to the game and any planned (or unplanned) events

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 11:50:21 PM »
SWEET!

This NorCal guy is gonna make a trip to the Hood to watch this! ;)

Anaheim for the NCAA tourney was unbelievable.
I just wish he can do the same and set up a home-home with Cal or Stanford.

This is great for recruiting. Exposure for the hotbeds of recruiting in SoCal! :D
SS Marquette

PJDunn

• All American
Home and Away with USC
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 12:30:23 AM »
Just read on the other board that we are initiating a home and away with USC.  Great news for us west coasties.  Chicos...any chance that you might host an pre-game function prior to the game next year? 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 12:36:28 AM »
March 2006 if you count our NCAA first round loss to Alabama in San Diego.

And I'm sure you can find a far more creative t-shirt if you troll around on the TN boards.

Oh trust me, the UCLA guys at the office have some hilarious stuff on their walls.

Yeah, I was at the games in Anaheim and San Diego for the NCAA Tournament, but I think the last time we played a regular season game was against LMU here in So. Cal.  We did play Santa Clara up north and USF as well.  Plus Arizona and UNLV, but I don't recall any other So. Cal. regular season game since LMU in the late 1980's.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 12:38:04 AM »

I'm sure the LA club will have something going on.  I'll have about 30 UCLA games coming with me as Warriors fans.  Should be fun next year.  I hope this is legit and not just a rumor.

PJDunn

• All American
Re: Home and Away with USC
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 12:42:29 AM »
Oops...did not see the existing thread.  That being said, if there is an event prior to the game I will bring the  Pete Carroll Seahawks gear down from Seattle.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 01:49:44 AM »
Oh trust me, the UCLA guys at the office have some hilarious stuff on their walls.

Yeah, I was at the games in Anaheim and San Diego for the NCAA Tournament, but I think the last time we played a regular season game was against LMU here in So. Cal.  We did play Santa Clara up north and USF as well.  Plus Arizona and UNLV, but I don't recall any other So. Cal. regular season game since LMU in the late 1980's.

Santa Clara did happen. It was the year after MU and visiting (and ranked) Santa Clara with Steve Nash lost at the MECCA. G-r-e-a-t game!
But the rematch at Santa Clara had Brian Jones returning the favor and knocking off a ranked, visiting MU. I was pissed but couldn't do anything about it because I was in Milwaukee.

The USF game was a while ago...in fact I don't even remember it since it was my first year at MU? I don't know why I wasn't able to make it...must've been back at MU.
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 02:11:39 AM »
Santa Clara did happen. It was the year after MU and visiting (and ranked) Santa Clara with Steve Nash lost at the MECCA. G-r-e-a-t game!
But the rematch at Santa Clara had Brian Jones returning the favor and knocking off a ranked, visiting MU. I was pissed but couldn't do anything about it because I was in Milwaukee.

The USF game was a while ago...in fact I don't even remember it since it was my first year at MU? I don't know why I wasn't able to make it...must've been back at MU.

If I recall, we had a gigantic lead at Santa Clara....Deane was the coach at the time....and we pissed it away.  I recall it being like 20 points with under 15 minutes to play and we lost.  It was the biggest come from behind win in Santa Clara history

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 05:52:08 AM »
Kind of ironic, Chicos thouht the UWM & UWGB deals would kill off a good home and home and then immediately we sign one that takes us to Chicos backyard. 

Cannot wait to welcome KO back to the BC in 2011.   We owe him eveything. Maybe that's the game where we retire Tony Miller's (or Damon's) number.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 06:40:41 AM »
Party at Chicos' crib. ;D
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 07:17:10 AM »
Sorry to interrupt all the SoCal love  :P, but what does our noncon look like next year?

So far:
Seattle at home (multiple year series, right?)
USC away
UWM "away"
UWGB home
Bucky home
Paradise Jam

Any thing else confirmed?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 07:51:46 AM »
DeVry Uiversity?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

bma725

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 07:53:23 AM »
Not sure about Seattle.  That was actually supposed to start with them coming here this year, but for whatever reason it didn't happen.  Maybe it got pushed back a year, maybe it got cancelled completely.

MU1984

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 08:02:18 AM »
Great news.

Looks like our athletic program is on solid financial footing to do this in combo w/UWGB and UWM.

Keep the tuition increases comin'!

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 08:15:07 AM »
Perhaps Buzz looks at this as a homecoming game for a potential addition to the roster in Reggie Murphy?

Always thought that was a cool tradition Lute did down at Arizona --- recruit a kid from Wherever, USA and then schedule a game in their city.

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 08:27:43 AM »
Well then maybe we should schedule a game in Dakar. While Buzz is there, he can visit The Big Man Store; I hear it's well stocked ;D

tower912

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 08:30:39 AM »
Great news.

Looks like our athletic program is on solid financial footing to do this in combo w/UWGB and UWM.

Keep the tuition increases comin'!

Possibly because we are saving $1 mill a year in coaching salary.    Though it is possible that he is spending a million more on recruiting trips.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

feedback