collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pants on the Ground  (Read 10687 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Pants on the Ground
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:43:10 PM »
Just reached an all-time low.

Never thought it would be possible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONmEVro8Fog
SS Marquette

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Pants on the Ground
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 06:40:35 AM »
More likely to have his ass on the ground vs. the Saints.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 07:13:17 AM »
Just reached an all-time low.

Yep. Sadly done for the benefit of the Fox cameras.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 01:20:28 PM »
I found this far funnier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UQXnsD9CF8

Mostly because, though it was about Favre, it didn't have him preening for the cameras.  The line about wanting to buy stuff during the game so it was good to have a wallet was hilarious.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 02:13:16 PM »
Jared Allen and the jorts and Candian Tuxedo was priceless

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 02:53:32 PM »
Jared Allen and the jorts and Candian Tuxedo was priceless

IMO, Jared Allen is the kid in school who tried too hard to be funny, and for that reason, he wasn't.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 04:46:36 PM »
IMO, Jared Allen is the kid in school who tried too hard to be funny, and for that reason, he wasn't.

Definitely under 30 years old.  Although I generally agree with this. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

LON

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 04:57:18 PM »

You don't find it HILARIOUS that he says he went to school at the Culinary Institute?!?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 05:25:18 PM »

I dont understand the first part of this.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »
I really dislike Jared Allen but his part was really funny at the end.  "I dont exactly (air quotes) wear undergaments"

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »
When he wore a green shirt, he was "hilarious" and had "youthful exuberance for the game".

When he wears a purple shirt, he's a douche.

I get it.

*OK, now you can tell me that I'm crazy and how you have always thought Brett was lame*

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 09:52:08 PM »
When he wore a green shirt, he was "hilarious" and had "youthful exuberance for the game".

When he anyone wears a purple shirt, he's a douche.

I get it.

*OK, now you can tell me that I'm crazy and how you have always thought Brett was lame*

Fixed.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 12:48:49 AM »

When he wears a purple shirt, he's a douche.

I get it.

I couldn't agree more. I remember when Favre was throwing snowballs during the Seahawks divisional game a few years ago and Packers fans were in love with the playfulness of #4, it was really cute.

I love reading fudge packer whine sessions on here about something as petty as a locker room chant. Really? I guess there's not much else to talk about during the off season.

I thought the wrangler jeans thing was pretty funny, anyone who complains about jared allen trying to be a comedian doesn't understand the point of a kenny mayne piece, I shouldn't expect anything better from the piss and green.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 08:11:29 AM »
no, if he was a Packer, I would hate him more.

Obviously, you don't get it.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 08:40:22 AM »
I used to love the guy, no doubt. I was his chief defender and often a lone voice in the wilderness back when he first started and everyone thought he should be benched for Mark Brunell. However, I have to say, even when he was still in GB I grew tired of his shtick. That is probably more the fault of ESPN, MNF, etc., but I definitley got sick of the guy.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 08:50:51 AM »
no, if he was a Packer, I would hate him more.

Obviously, you don't get it.

Honestly, I don't.

I've lived in WI for a while, and I have seen countless people fawn over St. Brett through the years.

Personally, I never thought that he was a really a "good guy", but God forbid I ever express that opinion in this state (pre 2008) because I would have been blasted for it.

I have, however, always thought that he was a great QB. I would have been foolish to think otherwise.

Everybody in WI loved Brett and loved all of his shenanigans ("put 'er in the ol vise", ass slaps, snow ball throwing, etc. etc.). I NEVER heard ANYBODY in WI rip on Brett for those types of things. People around here ate it up.

Fast forward to 2010, Brett does a silly song and dance with the team in the locker room for the Vikes, and suddenly he is a douche.

My question is: Has he always been a douche, and people are just realizing it? Is it just because he plays for the Vikes, so he just HAS to be a douche?

Honestly, he seems like the same guy that he's always been... so why now do people rip him for his shenanigans? If its just because he's in purple, I guess I get it... but it seems like people are turning on him personally, not just Brett as a Viking.

I'm not trying to take shots at Packer fans here, I'm seriously curious what everybody's mindset is now. It seems kind of like an "ex-GF" sort of thing, but I'm not sure...

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 08:53:20 AM »
I used to love the guy, no doubt. I was his chief defender and often a lone voice in the wilderness back when he first started and everyone thought he should be benched for Mark Brunell. However, I have to say, even when he was still in GB I grew tired of his shtick. That is probably more the fault of ESPN, MNF, etc., but I definitley got sick of the guy.

Totally fair.

He's been over-hyped and over-exposed leading to some backlash... especially when he plays for a rival team.

That seems reasonable.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 09:15:27 AM »
Honestly, I don't.

I've lived in WI for a while, and I have seen countless people fawn over St. Brett through the years.

Personally, I never thought that he was a really a "good guy", but God forbid I ever express that opinion in this state (pre 2008) because I would have been blasted for it.

I have, however, always thought that he was a great QB. I would have been foolish to think otherwise.

Everybody in WI loved Brett and loved all of his shenanigans ("put 'er in the ol vise", ass slaps, snow ball throwing, etc. etc.). I NEVER heard ANYBODY in WI rip on Brett for those types of things. People around here ate it up.

Fast forward to 2010, Brett does a silly song and dance with the team in the locker room for the Vikes, and suddenly he is a douche.

My question is: Has he always been a douche, and people are just realizing it? Is it just because he plays for the Vikes, so he just HAS to be a douche?

Honestly, he seems like the same guy that he's always been... so why now do people rip him for his shenanigans? If its just because he's in purple, I guess I get it... but it seems like people are turning on him personally, not just Brett as a Viking.

I'm not trying to take shots at Packer fans here, I'm seriously curious what everybody's mindset is now. It seems kind of like an "ex-GF" sort of thing, but I'm not sure...

I never liked the Brett Favre Legend.  I loved that he was a great QB, and was great for the Packers.  As for the love fest over his antics... I didn't care, I thought they were stupid.  But honestly, it just seems like that is Brett.  He seems to genuinely love the game, and his stuff seems spur of the moment.

Jared Allen's antics, on the other hand, seem planned, and contrived.  I think that if MTV offered JA a show, he'd take it and love being on it.  Jared seems like a kid who is starved for attention.  While I won't disagree that BF seems that way at times, I think that there is just a whole different level that JA takes it to.  A childish, ignorant, "look at me!" level.

LON

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 09:22:53 AM »

+1

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 09:29:08 AM »
I never liked the Brett Favre Legend.  I loved that he was a great QB, and was great for the Packers.  As for the love fest over his antics... I didn't care, I thought they were stupid.  But honestly, it just seems like that is Brett.  He seems to genuinely love the game, and his stuff seems spur of the moment.

Jared Allen's antics, on the other hand, seem planned, and contrived.  I think that if MTV offered JA a show, he'd take it and love being on it.  Jared seems like a kid who is starved for attention.  While I won't disagree that BF seems that way at times, I think that there is just a whole different level that JA takes it to.  A childish, ignorant, "look at me!" level.

I can't disagree with anything you said.

I like Jared Allen, but that's because he's good at football.

His antics are kind of lame. He does some remote radio stuff for the Vikings radio network and sometimes its good, and sometimes it's pretty bad.

As far as Favre goes, let's face it, he's an outgoing guy who people want to like (his teammates all seem to like him).

Whether or not he is always being genuine, well, that's up for debate I guess.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 09:36:21 AM »
Did you guys defend Lord Favre when he was poppin vicodins nonstop and a huge boozehound?  

He has changed:
The old Favre - stuck with a crappy franchise in a nasty location, young and unwise, big time sinner, majority of female fans weighing in at 180+.  Caused classes at MU in the mid-90's to be flooded with ugly green jerseys.  Best buddies include child rapist Chewy.  

The current Favre - with a glorious franchise in a wonderful city, older and wise, upstanding middle aged gentlemen that is having fun, less heavy female fans, although not by much.  Causes the Twin Cities to be flooded with attractive purple jerseys.  Best buddies include a top DE, who has harsh criticisms lodged against him such as, "I don't like his haircut" and "he likes attention"... like Favre, a reformed boozehound, able to make good changes in life, perhaps for both of them, none better than coming to Minnesota.  
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

LON

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 09:55:02 AM »
Did you guys defend Lord Favre when he was poppin vicodins nonstop and a huge boozehound?  

He has changed:
The old Favre - stuck with a crappy franchise in a nasty location, young and unwise, big time sinner, majority of female fans weighing in at 180+.  Caused classes at MU in the mid-90's to be flooded with ugly green jerseys.  Best buddies include child rapist Chewy.  

The current Favre - with a glorious franchise in a wonderful city, older and wise, upstanding middle aged gentlemen that is having fun, less heavy female fans, although not by much.  Causes the Twin Cities to be flooded with attractive purple jerseys.  Best buddies include a top DE, who has harsh criticisms lodged against him such as, "I don't like his haircut" and "he likes attention"... like Favre, a reformed boozehound, able to make good changes in life, perhaps for both of them, none better than coming to Minnesota.  

Only when he's playing the Packers.  He had over half his sacks against one team (when their O-line sucked something fierce).  Face it, he made the Pro Bowl because of Green Bay's LT (or lack thereof).

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 10:05:22 AM »
Only when he's playing the Packers.  He had over half his sacks against one team (when their O-line sucked something fierce).  Face it, he made the Pro Bowl because of Green Bay's LT (or lack thereof).

So what?

The guy has 72 sacks in 6 seasons.

He's no fluke.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 10:21:25 AM »
So what?

He's no fluke.

the guy is a great player.

LON

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »
So what?

He's no fluke.

I don't care what he did last year, he's been non-existent the second half of the season and Edwards is outperforming him, but gets no love.

feedback