collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Pants on the Ground  (Read 10689 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Pants on the Ground
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 11:25:52 AM »
I don't care what he did last year, he's been non-existent the second half of the season and Edwards is outperforming him, but gets no love.

Ray is starting to get plenty of love.  But... let's consider why Edwards may be performing how he is ... could it be thanks to Jared and Kevin?  The Vikings aren't the league leader in sacks thanks just to Jared Allen.  Ray had to step up, and he has done so (now I just hope dude's injury doesn't mess up Sunday for him). 
  Just because 7.5 Jared Allen sacks were against one particularly bad team and he 'only' had 7 sacks in the other 14 games doesn't mean he's a bum.  Look back to the Revis and total TDs allowed by the Jets argument by Big Rex. 

Jared's Culinary Academy deal is actually one of the funnier things he's done.. but it doesn't beat, "Jared Allen.. Home School.. Thanks, Mom!" 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 11:37:04 AM »
Did you guys defend Lord Favre when he was poppin vicodins nonstop and a huge boozehound?  

He has changed:
The old Favre - stuck with a crappy franchise in a nasty location, young and unwise, big time sinner, majority of female fans weighing in at 180+.  Caused classes at MU in the mid-90's to be flooded with ugly green jerseys.  Best buddies include child rapist Chewy.  

The current Favre - with a glorious franchise in a wonderful city, older and wise, upstanding middle aged gentlemen that is having fun, less heavy female fans, although not by much.  Causes the Twin Cities to be flooded with attractive purple jerseys.  Best buddies include a top DE, who has harsh criticisms lodged against him such as, "I don't like his haircut" and "he likes attention"... like Favre, a reformed boozehound, able to make good changes in life, perhaps for both of them, none better than coming to Minnesota.  

"Crappy franchise" - 13 championships

"Glorious franchise" - None

Just sayin'...

LON

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 12:02:09 PM »
  Ray is starting to get plenty of love.  But... let's consider why Edwards may be performing how he is ... could it be thanks to Jared and Kevin?  The Vikings aren't the league leader in sacks thanks just to Jared Allen.  Ray had to step up, and he has done so (now I just hope dude's injury doesn't mess up Sunday for him). 
  Just because 7.5 Jared Allen sacks were against one particularly bad team and he 'only' had 7 sacks in the other 14 games doesn't mean he's a bum.  Look back to the Revis and total TDs allowed by the Jets argument by Big Rex. 

Jared's Culinary Academy deal is actually one of the funnier things he's done.. but it doesn't beat, "Jared Allen.. Home School.. Thanks, Mom!" 

I would say both benefitted extremely well due to the Williams wall requiring two or most likely 3 lineman leaving Allen and Edwards 1-on-1

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 12:04:16 PM »
I don't care what he did last year, he's been non-existent the second half of the season and Edwards is outperforming him, but gets no love.

Don't you think edwards performance just maybe has to do with the attention Allen gets?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

LON

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 12:21:33 PM »
Don't you think edwards performance just maybe has to do with the attention Allen gets?

To a degree, but not as much as what the two starcappers Williams boys do.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 02:24:55 PM »
I can't disagree with anything you said.

I like Jared Allen, but that's because he's good at football.

His antics are kind of lame. He does some remote radio stuff for the Vikings radio network and sometimes its good, and sometimes it's pretty bad.

Thats pretty much how I feel about him.  He does some hilarious stuff, some that seems a bit contrived, but he isnt a camera preening prima donna.  I remember first taking note of him with his hilarious sack celebration in KC.  And then I think his emergence as a player has allowed his eccentricity to show.  Some of its really funny, some of its just a bit odd.  Ive heard him on Chicago radio a few times and he is a cool dude and pretty funny, clearly a favorite of those who deal with him in the media.  My favorite ancedote, he named his son Rowdy...after Rowdy Roddy Piper.  Thats both amazing and ridiculous.

MilWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »
Did you guys defend Lord Favre when he was poppin vicodins nonstop and a huge boozehound?  

He has changed:
The old Favre - stuck with a crappy franchise in a nasty location, young and unwise, big time sinner, majority of female fans weighing in at 180+.  Caused classes at MU in the mid-90's to be flooded with ugly green jerseys.  Best buddies include child rapist Chewy.  

The current Favre - with a glorious franchise in a wonderful city, older and wise, upstanding middle aged gentlemen that is having fun, less heavy female fans, although not by much.  Causes the Twin Cities to be flooded with attractive purple jerseys.  Best buddies include a top DE, who has harsh criticisms lodged against him such as, "I don't like his haircut" and "he likes attention"... like Favre, a reformed boozehound, able to make good changes in life, perhaps for both of them, none better than coming to Minnesota.  

So a "glorious" franchise is one that has never won a Super Bowl and plays inside on a carpet?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 07:17:31 AM »
So a "glorious" franchise is one that has never won a Super Bowl and plays inside on a carpet?

The glorious franchise is one that has more playoff appearances than the crappy franchise, despite the crappy franchise having been born 40 years earlier than its glorious counterpart.  We'll get the stadium issue fixed soon. 

LON

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 07:40:03 AM »
 The glorious franchise is one that has more playoff appearances than the crappy franchise, despite the crappy franchise having been born 40 years earlier than its glorious counterpart.  We'll get the stadium issue fixed soon.  

Where, Los Angeles?

/couldn't resist

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2010, 07:54:45 AM »
  The glorious franchise is one that has more playoff appearances than the crappy franchise, despite the crappy franchise having been born 40 years earlier than its glorious counterpart.

Where ever do they find the room for all of those "We made the playoffs" trophies?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2010, 08:49:11 AM »
Where ever do they find the room for all of those "We made the playoffs" trophies?

They have a sweet display case filled with these:

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 09:42:14 AM »
Why do you 'guys' ever watch anything other than championship games? 

When you're at the Bradley Center, do you gripe about the banners that show each year we've been in the NCAA tourney?  How about the NIT?  "Damn it, that is so stupid!  We didn't win it all, so why in the world would we have that up there?!  that is soooooooo dumb, hey.  It means nothing, hey!  We might as well rush the court every win if we're going to celebrate just making the postseason"

Enjoy watching us on Sunday night.  Even though it's just a stupid game with no meaning since it's not the Super Bowl.

Kevin, Ray and Percy all out of practice recently... ugh.  We need to get to the short Boilermaker early and often.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2010, 09:57:05 AM »
Why do you 'guys' ever watch anything other than championship games? 

When you're at the Bradley Center, do you gripe about the banners that show each year we've been in the NCAA tourney?  How about the NIT?  "Damn it, that is so stupid!  We didn't win it all, so why in the world would we have that up there?!  that is soooooooo dumb, hey.  It means nothing, hey!  We might as well rush the court every win if we're going to celebrate just making the postseason"

Enjoy watching us on Sunday night.  Even though it's just a stupid game with no meaning since it's not the Super Bowl.

Kevin, Ray and Percy all out of practice recently... ugh.  We need to get to the short Boilermaker early and often.

Are the NCAA/NIT Year-by-Year Banner still up? I don't think it is.

Pro sports especially, you start the season to win the whole thing. Anything else is nothing.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2010, 10:17:15 AM »
Are the NCAA/NIT Year-by-Year Banner still up? I don't think it is.

Pro sports especially, you start the season to win the whole thing. Anything else is nothing.

As far as championships, this is a gray area for a lot of people.

Is Robin Yount "nothing" because he never won a world series?

How about Donald Driver? He's never won a superbowl. Is he "nothing"?

Ernie Banks is "nothing"... etc. etc.

As an organization, the Brewers have never won a world title, and the Cubs haven't won one when anybody was alive. Does that mean they are "nothing"?

See what I mean?

I realize that the goal for every team and player is to win a world title, but I don't think you can say that a team that doesn't win is "nothing".

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2010, 11:09:57 AM »
it doesn't mean they are nothing.

but winning the championship is the only thing that matters.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2010, 11:20:29 AM »
it doesn't mean they are nothing.

but winning the championship is the only thing that matters.

I know a lot of people think like that, but I just can't get there.

If I really enjoy watch X team all season, and they lose in the playoffs, I'll be pissed.

BUT, seeing them lose isn't going to retro-actively ruin all of the fun I had watching them play all year, ya know?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2010, 11:37:11 AM »
I know a lot of people think like that, but I just can't get there.

If I really enjoy watch X team all season, and they lose in the playoffs, I'll be pissed.

BUT, seeing them lose isn't going to retro-actively ruin all of the fun I had watching them play all year, ya know?

More importantly, losing in a championship game doesn't mean they are equal with all other teams except for the champions.  Logically, the thinking of these knuckleheads has no footing.

Would Packers fan feel the same way about the team's 2009 season if they had gone 1-15?  Why would they?  The championship 'is the only thing that matters', so their record and performance on the field doesn't mean a thing.

Ridiculous.  SKOL VIKINGS!  Champions the past two seasons!    

Looking at the Marquette men's yearbook dealy.. page 3 they have a picture of two tickets to the 2003 Final Four.  What a disgrace!  And they list out all sorts of postseason achievements.  How disturbing!  

LuBara Simpkins will be providing commentary during our game tomorrow.. as an NBA champion, he clearly accomplished far more than Karl Malone as a basketball player.  Let's do what Hards does most weekend nights - praise Dickey!  

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2010, 12:19:24 PM »
Dickey?

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2010, 01:46:01 PM »
 Favre is looking like a fool with his pants on the ground, gold is in mouth, hat turned sideways ....looking like a fool with his pants on the ground. ;D
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2010, 07:17:08 PM »
Some local (New Orleans) reactions to Favre's "Pants On The Ground"

Favre On The Ground

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
 More importantly, losing in a championship game doesn't mean they are equal with all other teams except for the champions.  Logically, the thinking of these knuckleheads has no footing.

Would Packers fan feel the same way about the team's 2009 season if they had gone 1-15?  Why would they?  The championship 'is the only thing that matters', so their record and performance on the field doesn't mean a thing.

Ridiculous.  SKOL VIKINGS!  Champions the past two seasons!    

That's fine Jay Bee...hang your NFC North Champion banner.  The Packers don't bother with such things.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2010, 09:54:18 PM »

That's fine Jay Bee...hang your NFC North Champion banner.  The Packers don't bother with such things.

OK. 

feedback