[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Twins Fans/ Minneapolis People  (Read 1915 times)

🏀

• All American
Twins Fans/ Minneapolis People
« on: December 29, 2009, 08:45:17 AM »
Folks,

I'm looking to head up and see Target Field this year. Any recommendations on hotels around Target Field? Also, need some food/nightlife spots to hit after the games. Any good festivals going on that would be good to schedule a trip for?

Thanks for the help.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
Re: Twins Fans/ Minneapolis People
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 12:19:38 PM »
plenty of bars and titty-clubs in the warehouse district, which is right near the stadium.  might be able to take the light rail there, can't quite remember.

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 01:04:31 PM »
Folks,

I'm looking to head up and see Target Field this year. Any recommendations on hotels around Target Field? Also, need some food/nightlife spots to hit after the games. Any good festivals going on that would be good to schedule a trip for?

Thanks for the help.
A good hotel might be the Aloft.  It is two blocks from the Metrodome and you can take the light rail directly to Target Field for 50 cents.  A cab ride back should be less than $7.  The Aloft is a boutique W hotel, which means the room is nice, but small, which is fine if you're going to spend most of your time out of the room anyways.  It's also probably cheaper than what you can find near Target Field, because most of those hotels are pretty upscale.

As far as food/nightlife, Hennepin Ave. and 1st Ave. are full of clubs.  Brit's Pub is a cool bar about 5 blocks away from the field, and has lawn bowling on a rooftop patio, which is sweet when the weather cooperates.  1st Ave., the concert venue, is pretty sweet to watch good music.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 01:47:49 PM »
Hotel - if you're rolling like a big money Marquette man should, I'd suggest the Graves 601 on Hennepin or the W Hotel in the Foshay (8XX Marquette!!!! Ave).  The Graves is VERY close to the new stadium (a few blocks), the W is probably just short of a mile away... but you can hop the light rail, or walk, easily.  The W location is also home to Manny's Steakhouse, which I would recommend trying. 

Otherwise, if you just choose downtown Minneapolis and Priceline a hotel, you'll probably come up with something within a mile and a half and could stroll to the new stadium with ease and get a very good deal... plenty of public transportation if you don't want to walk. 

If you figure out a specific weekend, post here and maybe we can offer up more specifics.. obviously the stadium is in downtown Minneapolis.. but nearby you've got a number of things going on at different parks and lakes, as well as nearby Dinkytown (U of M - a couple miles from downtown - you can see pretty well into the new Gophers football stadium if you're in the area), Uptown (4ish? miles away), downtown St. Paul (10ish miles)...

Like ZFB said, there are plenty of bars and places with nekkid girlies (not the most impressive of these types of places... at least compared to other parts of the country.. then again, they compete just fine vs. Heartbreakers, etc), as well as restaurants right by the stadium (and to confirm, the light rail will take you right to the warehouse district).... Wareagle mentioned Brit's and I concur - it's a good spot if you haven't been there.. grab some pints, go upstairs onto the rooftop.  Live (and free) music is often going on right across the street from it... always a lot going on...

Plus, if you time it right you can catch a Timberwolves playoff game.  Target Center is essentially next to Target Field. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 10:49:23 AM »
Hotel - if you're rolling like a big money Marquette man should, I'd suggest the Graves 601 on Hennepin or the W Hotel in the Foshay (8XX Marquette!!!! Ave).  The Graves is VERY close to the new stadium (a few blocks), the W is probably just short of a mile away... but you can hop the light rail, or walk, easily.  The W location is also home to Manny's Steakhouse, which I would recommend trying. 

Otherwise, if you just choose downtown Minneapolis and Priceline a hotel, you'll probably come up with something within a mile and a half and could stroll to the new stadium with ease and get a very good deal... plenty of public transportation if you don't want to walk. 

If you figure out a specific weekend, post here and maybe we can offer up more specifics.. obviously the stadium is in downtown Minneapolis.. but nearby you've got a number of things going on at different parks and lakes, as well as nearby Dinkytown (U of M - a couple miles from downtown - you can see pretty well into the new Gophers football stadium if you're in the area), Uptown (4ish? miles away), downtown St. Paul (10ish miles)...

Like ZFB said, there are plenty of bars and places with nekkid girlies (not the most impressive of these types of places... at least compared to other parts of the country.. then again, they compete just fine vs. Heartbreakers, etc), as well as restaurants right by the stadium (and to confirm, the light rail will take you right to the warehouse district).... Wareagle mentioned Brit's and I concur - it's a good spot if you haven't been there.. grab some pints, go upstairs onto the rooftop.  Live (and free) music is often going on right across the street from it... always a lot going on...

Plus, if you time it right you can catch a Timberwolves playoff game.  Target Center is essentially next to Target Field. 

Jay,

Thanks for the insight. The Graves is only about $130 right now, which isn't outrageous, so that will probably be the way to go.

I'm looking at two weekends: July 16th or August 20th. Right now I'm leaning towards August 20th because I'd rather see the Angels instead of the White Sox. I wouldn't want to deal with the clouds of meth that follow White Sox fans.