[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maymon Coming Back???  (Read 25372 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Maymon Coming Back???
« on: December 21, 2009, 04:58:22 PM »
Talked to a friend that is close to the program (it's a name you would all recognize).  

He said there is a chance that MU will let Jeronne come back under certain conditions (mainly having to do with the father).

He thinks the reason they did not give Jeronne his release until Thursday (as opposed to last Monday) was so he could finish his finals.  This leaves the door open for an immediate return without (academic) consequences as he finished the semester and still has a good academic standing.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:06:39 PM by mu_hilltopper »

Benny B

• All American
Re: Maymom Coming Back???
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 05:03:12 PM »
I was wondering when this thread would start.  My money was on after Christmas; looks like I lost.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:04:23 PM »
Pure speculation that I'm doubting it will happen.

However, I suppose it's possible.

If it were to happen, that's a pretty big roller-coaster for the past couple weeks.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 05:06:53 PM »
The more details come out about how things went down, the more I think this is plausible.

Sure as hell sounds like Jeronne got caught in the middle, wouldn't shock me at all if Buzz let him back in.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 05:07:21 PM »
He said there is a chance that MU will let Jeronne come back under certain conditions (mainly having to do with the father).

So you're saying there's a chance?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 05:07:41 PM »
But how is Tim going to get to hob-nob with Michael Jordan while watching their sons playing basketball?

MUDude4

• Walk-On
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 05:14:59 PM »
But how is Tim going to get to hob-nob with Michael Jordan while watching their sons playing basketball?

I thought that's the reason we became Jordan Brand.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 05:20:29 PM »
Until Team Maymon announces their next move, this kind of speculation will run rampant.

That being said, it would not suprise me to see him come back.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 05:20:49 PM »
I don't think Tim Maymon will never change, so how does one set certain conditions? No attendance at practice?  No courtside seats, get moved to mezzanine? No mouthing off to the media?  No Facebook comments?  That is going to be tough, bad habits don't die.  Especially for the insane.

Based on the last few days and reading what the perceived facts are, I am convinced Jeronne did not want to leave the team and it was Tim Maymon who initiated and escalated the issues.  MU did not wish to deal with such problems and so the separation, however it ended up as.

If Jeronne comes forth and tells what really happened, as in it was all his father's idea or some other viable excuse, then lets give him a chance.  His teamates appear to enjoy him and they, along with Buzz should have the final say.

I would just be concerned with future "certain conditions" be violated.  Then what?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 05:24:33 PM »
I wouldn't take him back. It would make this look like a charade. Put the entire episode to rest. It's embarrassing for the university to be associated with these people. Period.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 05:37:48 PM by PuertoRicanNightmare »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 05:26:08 PM »
So you're saying there's a chance?

+1

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2009, 05:26:22 PM »
I don't think Tim Maymon will never change, so how does one set certain conditions? No attendance at practice?  No courtside seats, get moved to mezzanine? No mouthing off to the media?  No Facebook comments?  That is going to be tough, bad habits don't die.  Especially for the insane.

Based on the last few days and reading what the perceived facts are, I am convinced Jeronne did not want to leave the team and it was Tim Maymon who initiated and escalated the issues.  MU did not wish to deal with such problems and so the separation, however it ended up as.

If Jeronne comes forth and tells what really happened, as in it was all his father's idea or some other viable excuse, then lets give him a chance.  His teamates appear to enjoy him and they, along with Buzz should have the final say.

I would just be concerned with future "certain conditions" be violated.  Then what?

Agree, I think the only way for thing to change is for someone to sit Tim down and explain to him that he is ruiniing his son's best chance. If that person can get through to him, and convnince him that his actions are having such a negative impact on his son's future...and Tim is able to recognize that and agree to step back, then I think this can work.

theodoc

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 05:33:51 PM »
If this is truly a TM issue and not a JM initiated decision, then Jeronne's return could be a wonderful lesson in reconciliation...

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2009, 05:38:06 PM »
Does anyone here really think Tim Maymon is going to change?  The only hope is that Jeronne becomes a man and tells his dad that he (Jeronne) calls the shots from now on. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2009, 05:38:15 PM »
Agree, I think the only way for thing to change is for someone to sit Tim down and explain to him that he is ruiniing his son's best chance. If that person can get through to him, and convnince him that his actions are having such a negative impact on his son's future...and Tim is able to recognize that and agree to step back, then I think this can work.

That's like asking a stalker to stop stalking, without a restraining order.

I'd gladly take JM back, but I don't know if you can really remove his dad from the situation.  Plus, JM needs to understand that he'll have to work even hard to earn the trust of his teammates - even if they don't harbor any ill feelings, Buzz can't set the example that coming and going is "OK".

For those reasons, I really don't think it will happen.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2009, 06:12:18 PM »
If it happens, look for a release tonight at 8. The last couple releases (Otule injury and Maymon) both dropped after the coach's radio show.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 06:12:27 PM »
I don't think he's coming back.  He has looked lackadaisical while playing in games, so I really doubt that he was trying much harder during practice.

It would be very feel-good-holiday-movie if Jeronne had a man to man conversation with his pops and Tim agreed to hand the reigns of Jeronne's career back to Jeronne.  Call me a pessimist but I doubt that things will work out that way because they never seem to in real life.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2009, 06:35:12 PM »
I'll wait to say anything.  None of us really know exactly what's going on so I wouldn't be that surprised either way.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »
Not happening.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 06:37:35 PM »
Ludum habemus.

MU_4_Life

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 06:53:23 PM »
That's like asking a stalker to stop stalking, without a restraining order.

I'd gladly take JM back, but I don't know if you can really remove his dad from the situation.  Plus, JM needs to understand that he'll have to work even hard to earn the trust of his teammates - even if they don't harbor any ill feelings, Buzz can't set the example that coming and going is "OK".

For those reasons, I really don't think it will happen.

Like Mo Acker leaving and coming back?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 07:07:12 PM »

The Mo Acker "leaving" was totally different.  420 degrees of difference

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 07:07:59 PM »
just wait before making up your mind

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2009, 07:10:38 PM »

Do you see any difference in these headlines?
"Marquette's Acker to graduate, skip eligibility"

"Freshman Maymon leaves Marquette"

Completely different circumstances, each with their own intricacies, but Acker didn't have Tim Maymon along with him, which is mostly why I don't think Jeronne won't be back.  Of course, I wrote this in my previous message too, but you seemed to ignore everything except the last sentence.  Let me fix that.  I primarily think Jeronne won't be back because of his dad.  

MU_4_Life

• Walk-On
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
The Mo Acker "leaving" was totally different.  420 degrees of difference

I wasn't comparing the circumstances between Acker and Maymon.  I was only responding to the previous post that:

Buzz can't set the example that coming and going is "OK"

Acker did leave the team and then came back.