[May 01, 2024, 07:53:32 PM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Maymon Coming Back???  (Read 25375 times)

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
Re: Maymon Coming Back???
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2009, 10:34:32 AM »
Maybe Tim and MJ can carpool down to C Florida for games.  Wouldn't expect him to want to sit close though

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »
Let me put some of this speculation to rest...we were not booted out of the program...WE GOING TO DA LEAGUE!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2009, 11:53:10 AM »
Do you mean, to the Association?

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2009, 12:54:49 PM »
Let me put some of this speculation to rest...we were not booted out of the program...WE GOING TO DA LEAGUE!

D-League? :o

bamamarquettefan

• All American
  • pudner-at-aspen-ideas-festival.jpg
    • Value Add Basketball
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2009, 03:48:25 PM »
I believe losing Maymon will cost us about 2 wins over the course of the season, and for this team that could even be the difference between NCAA and NIT.  That's based on statistical analysis, which some don't buy, but I think as thin as we are it is also realistic.  He fouls like crazy, but he is a big body on a team that lacks size.  Unfortunately, real life obviously isn't nearly as easy as stats, and obviously MU has to weigh team chemistry, and how he would be accepted even if there were a possibility.

I'm sure it's unlikely now that other coaches are turning on the charm, but if all the things we don't know anything about were to work out, then yes, I'd love to have him back.
The www.valueaddsports.com analysis of basketball, football and baseball players are intended to neither be too hot or too cold - hundreds immerse themselves in studies of stats not of interest to broader fan bases (too hot), while others still insist on pure observation (too cold).

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2009, 04:51:21 PM »
I suspect we will be a better team without him. Unhappy players are usually a detriment.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2009, 05:53:38 PM »
I suspect we will be a better team without him. Unhappy players are usually a detriment.

Was Jeronne unhappy or was just his Dad?

karavotsos

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2009, 12:39:05 AM »
Compare Maymon and Lazar freshman year stats, incl. height, weight, min., pts, and you can only conclude that Maymon would have had the opportunity to be a star on a Big East team his Jr/Sr seasons, if he worked at it.  The choice is between that an attempt at instant easy stardom.  Buzz would have let him play basketball at six six w/o a position which is working for Mathews, but Tim knows better and Jeronne wants to keep his baby fat.  What can you say but good luck.

augoman

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2009, 12:41:34 AM »
interestingly, Jaymay wasn't booted, his father was.  Then Teemay pulled his son, who then called Buzz and wanted to come back.  I'm told the door is open, and it is Jaymay's call to make.  Tough choice for an 18 yr old to make.  Doubt he'll be back.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2009, 09:43:30 AM »
interestingly, Jaymay wasn't booted, his father was.  Then Teemay pulled his son, who then called Buzz and wanted to come back.  I'm told the door is open, and it is Jaymay's call to make.  Tough choice for an 18 yr old to make.  Doubt he'll be back.
Yes, it definitely was the father.  As Buzz said to Dennis Krause on this weeks TW show, "the family believed that his progress at Marquette was not satisfactory".  Could not have said it much plainer.

wesmat23

• Starter
  • Veezy V G.T.S.T
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2009, 10:40:20 AM »
If he called Buzz wanting to come back then why isnt he here? I have no idea on what to believe what really happened but I dont think J called wanting to come back or he would be on the team. The stuff with his father could have been dealt with later.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2009, 10:47:34 AM »
If he called Buzz wanting to come back then why isnt he here? I have no idea on what to believe what really happened but I dont think J called wanting to come back or he would be on the team. The stuff with his father could have been dealt with later.

Because his dad doesn't want him here.  Look, I feel bad for the kid.  His dad is taking the "helicopter parent" thing to a whole new level.  It's hard for a kid to break away from that.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2009, 12:49:28 PM »
Because his dad doesn't want him here.  Look, I feel bad for the kid.  His dad is taking the "helicopter parent" thing to a whole new level.  It's hard for a kid to break away from that.

Tim Maymon really showed Buzz, didn't he. What a bizarre, tormented fool. Unfortunately, his pride and buffoonery affects many other innocents. Someone posted Tim Maymon's legal "track record." A quick read of that history proves Tim Maymon believes he is above the law, should not be held accountable, or simply doesn't give a crap about the rules everyone else lives by. God only knows what lessons his children have absorbed over the years.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2009, 08:06:58 PM »
I don't think we will ever know the entire truth, and it seems pretty quiet on the Maymon front, which would appear logical until his next school selection is made.  That has to be done quickly so he could get in for sememter two and play in January 2011.  So a decision, one way or another, should come soon.

For his sake, I hope he returns, and I would hope that MU would welcome the kid back as long as "the iissue" is dealt with.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »
So do you think Maymon will end up at another school for spring semester 2010?  That would be an incredibly fast admittance in my opinion.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »
So do you think Maymon will end up at another school for spring semester 2010?  That would be an incredibly fast admittance in my opinion.

That's what will happen. Not much to consider:

a. coach wants you
b. 1st semester grades

What else could be involved with the process? Probably take 15 min. at most.

"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2009, 08:41:04 PM »

He will be enrolled in some school for this second semester or else he wastes more time.  As said above, I also do not think it is a big, lengthy process to apply, and becuase of the timeline, get in in they want you.  Grades, coach.  I think it will happen.  I hope it's MU and "the problem" is taken care of.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2009, 08:42:42 PM »
That's what will happen. Not much to consider:
a. coach wants you
b. 1st semester grades
What else could be involved with the process? Probably take 15 min. at most.

4ever, this decison tree has one additional step:

a. coach wants you
b. 1st semester grades
c. do I really want to put up with Tim Maymon's bullcrap

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2009, 08:45:31 PM »
4ever, this decison tree has one additional step:

a. coach wants you
b. 1st semester grades
c. do I really want to put up with Tim Maymon's bullcrap

I think for "c", Tim Maymon will not be able to pull his son again from another institution.  So that means, the next insitution will benefit far more than we did.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2009, 01:26:29 AM »
I think for "c", Tim Maymon will not be able to pull his son again from another institution.  So that means, the next insitution will benefit far more than we did.

That assumes Tim Maymon will stay outside the white lines...fat fuggin chance

Silky

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2009, 09:42:36 PM »
He's back on campus.  Anything could happen now.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2009, 09:48:18 PM »
He's back on campus.  Anything could happen now.
We're just cleaning out his apartment.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2009, 10:13:08 PM »
We're just cleaning out his apartment.

I somehow doubt it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2009, 11:04:27 PM »
In reality, is he really back on campus?  Where is this information coming from?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2009, 11:15:43 PM »
In reality, is he really back on campus?  Where is this information coming from?

He was on campus today... question is, what was he doing... getting some final release paperwork done?  Or picking up a plane ticket to West Virginia? 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback