Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz Williams Dec. 17 Media Availability Video  (Read 1705 times)

RoneyEford13

• Starter

Benny B

• All American
Re: Buzz Williams Dec. 17 Media Availability Video
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 04:44:35 PM »
The more I see Buzz talk in settings such as these, the more I respect the guy for being open and honest.  He may not be the best coach in the world, but at least he's one hell of a good guy.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 04:49:20 PM »
I would agree. And for him to get up there and lambaste Jeronne or Tim would not be right. And it obviously would go against Buzz' character. He doesn't even seem resentful there for God's sake. I don't know if I could do that.

Question - By meeting with "the administration", does that mean the AD? And if so, how does the AD know about the meeting and Buzz not. Or, did both parties find out at the same time the Maymon clan was driving eastward for a face-to-face?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 05:01:23 PM »
I would agree. And for him to get up there and lambaste Jeronne or Tim would not be right. And it obviously would go against Buzz' character. He doesn't even seem resentful there for God's sake. I don't know if I could do that.

Question - By meeting with "the administration", does that mean the AD? And if so, how does the AD know about the meeting and Buzz not. Or, did both parties find out at the same time the Maymon clan was driving eastward for a face-to-face?

And doesn't this fly in the face of the Dad claiming he didn't even know it was happening?

These people are doing the son a HUGE disservice. It's a decision he'll regret for the rest of his life. Tragic.

Milkshakes

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 05:33:13 PM »
I agree.  I was beginning to wonder about Buzz.  As others have also said, taken as a whole a number of these things do add up.  Frankly, they do, but the guy is hard not to like.  I think what I like most about him is that he wants to win and although is maybe too crazy with his intensity I believe him when he says that he cares about these kids and that he wants to be sure that they become better people not just better players. 

Watching the video with DJO that follows here makes me feel better about the team.  DJO oozes class and  shows that if you buy into Buzz's system and work hard, keep your head down, you can learn plenty from him.  Reminds me of the Thee Amigos in his demeanor.

feedback