Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Dameon Mason  (Read 4317 times)

HoopsMalone

• All American
Dameon Mason
« on: December 15, 2009, 05:24:04 PM »
Jeronne is not the first highly touted recruit to quit in the middle of the season.  Mason was more highly regarded as a recruit, played one year and produced, and was the third option for the team (Diener and Novak) in 2004-2005.

Like Maymon's situation, Crean basically recruited past Mason when he got Wes to come to MU.  Butler is going to have the three spot this year and next year, and then in two years Jones might have it.  Maymon is no 2 guard and does not realistically have a hold on the three spot on Marquette's team.   

Marquette is a consistently ranked team that went to the Final Four this past decade.  I don't know if Mason and Maymon thought they were going to come in here and be the go to guys no matter what.  I cannot imagine Crean or Buzz saying this.  All coaches qualify their promises of playing time.  I do not fully know why either one left MU, but if it was for playing time and shots, did they really think that we would not get any other 4 star recruits while they were here? 

It really would have been fun to see what the Three Amigos would have been like with a fourth amigo at guard and what Jeronne could have done playing a versatile forward spot, inside and out.  I cannot agree with quitting in the middle of a season, but everyone has to do what is best for them.  Just hope they both turn out all right.

Like Mason leaving made for a tough 04-05 and we can feel as bad for Hayward as we did for Diener. Butler is the new Novak next year to lead some really impressive looking guards and a 4 star forward in Williams. 

Also, this season is still doable to go 10-8 in conference and make the tourney.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: Dameon Mason
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 05:30:01 PM »
Dameon Mason didn't quit in the middle of the season.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 05:31:48 PM »
Dameon Mason didn't quit in the middle of the season.

Actually you are right.  My bad.  Here is a link to all the box scores from that year.  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teams/schedule?teamId=269&year=2005

Mason leaving was not as bad as Maymon then because at least Mason followed through on a comittment.  The gist was that this has happened befor and everyting turned out ok.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 05:36:41 PM by HoopsMalone »

nyg

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 05:35:06 PM »
Jeronne is not the first highly touted recruit to quit in the middle of the season.  Mason was more highly regarded as a recruit, played one year and produced, and was the third option for the team (Diener and Novak) in 2004-2005.

Like Maymon's situation, Crean basically recruited past Mason when he got Wes to come to MU.  Butler is going to have the three spot this year and next year, and then in two years Jones might have it.  Maymon is no 2 guard and does not realistically have a hold on the three spot on Marquette's team.   

Marquette is a consistently ranked team that went to the Final Four this past decade.  I don't know if Mason and Maymon thought they were going to come in here and be the go to guys no matter what.  I cannot imagine Crean or Buzz saying this.  All coaches qualify their promises of playing time.  I do not fully know why either one left MU, but if it was for playing time and shots, did they really think that we would not get any other 4 star recruits while they were here? 

It really would have been fun to see what the Three Amigos would have been like with a fourth amigo at guard and what Jeronne could have done playing a versatile forward spot, inside and out.  I cannot agree with quitting in the middle of a season, but everyone has to do what is best for them.  Just hope they both turn out all right.

Like Mason leaving made for a tough 04-05 and we can feel as bad for Hayward as we did for Diener. Butler is the new Novak next year to lead some really impressive looking guards and a 4 star forward in Williams. 

Also, this season is still doable to go 10-8 in conference and make the tourney.

If this team goes 10-8 in BE, with the players on hand now, what 9?. Buzz is BE coach of year. Heck, MU is team of the year. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »
D-Mase signed my MU shirt while I was in the NO for the Final Four in 2003.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 05:54:08 PM »
D-Mase signed my MU shirt while I was in the NO for the Final Four in 2003.

Did you ask him to?  Or did he sneak up on you while you were at a bar and sign your back before you noticed?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2009, 05:57:22 PM »
Did you ask him to?  Or did he sneak up on you while you were at a bar and sign your back before you noticed?

Oh, I was as giddy as a little school girl, and asked him to.

He was pretty excited, and I told him that I was excited for him to be a Golden Eagle.

His dad smiled.  It was a good day.

Oh, and I was 3 sheets to the wind.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:06:51 PM by Hards_Alumni »

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2009, 06:04:12 PM »
starlings fly on high
how quickly they leave the nest
not all chicks will soar

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2009, 06:09:56 PM »
All this poetry is giving me the douche chills. Please make it stop.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »
sweet grotto of love
bewitching folds of delight
man's ultimate quest

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 07:03:59 PM »
Mason had off the court issues and was allowed to transfer to LSU.  He didn't want to leave but was caught in a compromising situation and it was the best alternative to kicking him off the team.

This my friends is a FACT and I will no go into the details.  If we are comparing Maymon to Mason then the subject of quitting should not be brought up.

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 07:23:54 PM »
Jeez, and for all those years I figured Mason left because Crean was a d-bag.  I liked my theory better.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 07:26:00 PM »
dmase gave us a thrill
when he beat Louisville
on a Saturday afternoon

jeronne didn't impress
his defense a mess
as a Golden Eagle

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 07:26:55 PM »
dmase gave us a thrill
when he beat Louisville
on a Saturday afternoon

jeronne didn't impress
his defense a mess
as a Golden Eagle

Well done, you should go into a writing career or something.   ;)

TheButlerDidIt

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 07:31:39 PM »
bewitching folds of delight!!!

AAAAAAhhhh hahahahah!

That made my night

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 07:51:43 PM »
haiku is the worst
poetry known to mankind
God, please make him stop

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 08:08:11 PM »
his wasn't even a haiku

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40:21 PM »
dmase gave us a thrill
when he beat Louisville
on a Saturday afternoon

jeronne didn't impress
his defense a mess
as a Golden Eagle

prose or poetry
new york readers want to know
big apple delight

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 10:22:14 PM »
Jeez, and for all those years I figured Mason left because Crean was a d-bag.  I liked my theory better.

Don't be disappointed.  Crean is still a D-Bag.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 01:35:44 PM »
Oh, I was as giddy as a little school girl, and asked him to.

He was pretty excited, and I told him that I was excited for him to be a Golden Eagle.

His dad smiled.  It was a good day.

Oh, and I was 3 sheets to the wind.

I once had a 5 min phone conversation with Mason when I was in college and met a friend of his from home at a party.  Needless to say I was also 3 sheets to the wind and he found my drunken babble quite amusing.

LON

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »
I once had a 5 min phone conversation with Mason when I was in college and met a friend of his from home at a party.  Needless to say I was also 3 sheets to the wind and he found my drunken babble quite amusing.

Jared Suechting (sp?) and Tony Brice once made me look foolish during pick up games at the Rec Center