[Today at 11:50:43 AM]

Recruiting as of 6/15/24 by Jockey
[June 15, 2024, 06:14:18 PM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Media Rights Update by Shooter McGavin
[June 15, 2024, 07:12:21 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: I love 'em both, but DON'T START CUBI AND ACKER TOGETHER  (Read 1681 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
I love 'em both, but DON'T START CUBI AND ACKER TOGETHER
« on: December 12, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »
Maybe it's a 'lesson' to others... I don't know.  But I can't figure out why those two are starting together.  Both have exceeded my expectations so far this year, but to not have DJO or Dwight in there I flat out don't understand.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

IAmMarquette

• All American
Re: I love 'em both, but DON'T START CUBI AND ACKER TOGETHER
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 11:24:24 PM »
Maybe it's a 'lesson' to others... I don't know.  But I can't figure out why those two are starting together.  Both have exceeded my expectations so far this year, but to not have DJO or Dwight in there I flat out don't understand.

Agreed. Found the starting lineup to be curious, to say the least.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 11:35:08 PM »
Agreed. We just start out in a hole that's left for other, more talented, guards to dig ourselves out of. Acker and Cubillan together at any stage of the game is just bad news.

GregClausenForever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 01:51:39 AM »
Leave Cubes on the bench.  Acker is at least willing to take the ball to the lane and is a far better passer.  Neither can lead the offense -- especially Cubes.  He's just a shooter really, so you may as well bring in a bigger bodied scorer like DJO to start.

77champs

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 02:10:05 AM »
Why did Buzz go away from the successful starting line up in Orlando?   The team needs DJO or Buycks out there to give them energy and another serious scoring option.   I think Buzz rewarding people like Fulce who work hard in practice is a bad practice.   There are practice players and game players.   Those with less talent have to work harder in practice.  Play the guys with talent who give the team energy.  As soon as DJO and Buycks came in the team went on a run but they were already down 12.   Don't understand the starting line up at.  Makes no sense.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 02:56:24 AM »
I am so happy you posted this here, because college basketball coaches read these forums so regularly, and , moreover, rely on the insight of fans like you. Thanks again. We couldn't be here without you.
We Are Marquette

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 06:48:13 AM »
yet, very few are questioning Buzz'z coaching ability. Just don't start both of them.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 10:37:25 AM »
I am so happy you posted this here, because college basketball coaches read these forums so regularly, and , moreover, rely on the insight of fans like you. Thanks again. We couldn't be here without you.

Likewise, we're so glad you posted this to remind us how insignificant comments on these message boards are.  Seriously.  We'd think we had a direct line to Buzz if it weren't for you.  ::)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2009, 10:53:01 AM »
I say we stitch them together: take Coob's three + Acker's drive + Coob's defense and size + Acker's assists and make the PG we need so much right now.

I can't help seeing both exploited for their weaknesses: Acker out-physicaled and Coobs just continually pounding the ball on the wood like a mad man from the perimeter.
SS Marquette

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 11:21:54 AM »
I agree, coobey and acker shouldn't be out there at the same time.  Buycks and/or DJO need to be on the floor when Coobey or Acker are.  We lose just to much offense and defense when both are out there.  One thing, DJO shouldn't be running the offense in a critical time.  His pass over Buycks head in the Florida State game and his turnovers in the Wisky game at critical times killed us.  DJO is talented, but only get it in his hands at the end of the game if he is going to take a shot.