'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Saw Jamail Jones play today.  (Read 24722 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Saw Jamail Jones play today.
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 09:28:17 AM »
With our roster ever changing what do people think our starting lineup will be by the end of next season?

My thoughts:

C   Otule     Mbao
PF  Butler    Fulce
G/F  DJO     EWill, Jones
SG  Blue      Buycks
PG  Junior    Smith

A young team no doubt, but we will be exciting to and hopefully Otule progresses as he did over the last year. It will probably be a 3 guard lineup again depending on the progress of EWill and Jones, either way we will have a deeper team than this year and it will be the first time in a while that has happened.

Thing is, we don't really run a traditional lineup.

I'd say its going to be more like this

Guards:  JC, VB, DJO, DB, RS (in order of PT... DJO will be first off bench, DB second, etc... all players will be able to run point or play off the ball)

Forwards:  JB, JF, EW, JJ,

Centers: CO, YM

and of course, players to be named later with our current roster gap.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2009, 09:34:43 AM »

Guards:  JC, VB, DJO, DB, RS (in order of PT... DJO will be first off bench, DB second, etc... all players will be able to run point or play off the ball)

We don't even run that. Buzz runs (or would like to run) more of a:

1 Point Guard
3 Wing Guard / Forward
1 Big Forward

But I like to throw handfuls...

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2009, 09:40:18 AM »
Buycks
Blue
DJO
Butler
Fulce

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2009, 09:50:33 AM »
We don't even run that. Buzz runs (or would like to run) more of a:

1 Point Guard
3 Wing Guard / Forward
1 Big Forward

I think we all agree on the lineup in terms of position players, but I think for the last couple of years we have had this type of lineup because of the talent and depth at the guard position. We haven't had it at the 4 and 5 and thats why we have ended up having 3 guard sets.

It will be interesting depending on the talent that comes in the next couple of years at the 4 and 5 position to see if we move away from it. Hopefully Buzz gives us a New Year present and gets a decent big.

Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2009, 09:51:10 AM »
Buycks
Blue
DJO
Butler
Fulce

No.  Cadougan will start over Buycks, easily.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 09:52:36 AM »
No.  Cadougan will start over Buycks, easily.

+1, definitely I see Buycks as a 2 anyways
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »

That seems fairly reasonable, it's just a question of what combination of those players hit the floor.  Assuming Cadougan and Blue are ready to play next year, our guards seem solid and I'd imagine we'll see three and possibly four on the court at times.  How many minutes the centers can play and how many forwards we'll put out there (with and without a center) are less clear.

Fulce and EWill certainly have golden opportunities for playtime.

MUFan42

• Walk-On
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2009, 07:05:45 PM »
If anyone wants to watch Jamailplay there playing on ESPNU right now...there down 28-18 now but jones has 10 of the 18

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »
I saw him hit a couple long range shots.  He isn't gun shy!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2009, 08:35:21 PM »
  I think we all agree on the lineup in terms of position players, but I think for the last couple of years we have had this type of lineup because of the talent and depth at the guard position. We haven't had it at the 4 and 5 and thats why we have ended up having 3 guard sets.

It will be interesting depending on the talent that comes in the next couple of years at the 4 and 5 position to see if we move away from it. Hopefully Buzz gives us a New Year present and gets a decent big.

buzz wants to run an open motion offense and you cannot do that with a traditional 4 and 5 on the court at the same time. they would clog the lane up to much. you only want one post player on the court.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2009, 11:58:33 PM »
If you're unable to figure out the difference between there and their, there is an issue.

Anyway, Montverde lost in the semi's.  Jamail was their only scorer in double figures with 21... St. Benedicts outscored the Florida team in every quarter and 64-45 for the game.  Jamail was 7/16 (4/10 3 pt fg) and 3/4 from the line ... The Wildcat kid James Bell had a bad game and St. Ben's rolled them.

Not good for this team, but Jamail is a helluva player and a good young kid.  Hopefully the 2011-12 Final Four experience makes up for the past two games. 

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2009, 12:16:39 AM »
Jamail is a helluva player and a good young kid.  Hopefully the 2011-12 Final Four experience makes up for the past two games. 

Holy crap, NO!! Is he signing with UCF to play with Marcus Jordan and JMay? They are the ones headed to the Final Four where they are going to do some damage!

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2009, 12:22:49 AM »
Holy crap, NO!! Is he signing with UCF to play with Marcus Jordan and JMay? They are the ones headed to the Final Four where they are going to do some damage!

Yep.  But, let's be real.  It's not about Jordan.  J-May will be controlling the ship to the Final Four.

On sad and real note - I'd be shocked if Maymon is not in the purty yet weird Vol's jersey soon, and they may very well be great in the near future.  Dude will be in TN.  Tim loves Pearl necklaces.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2009, 12:41:08 AM »
  Yep.  But, let's be real.  It's not about Jordan.  J-May will be controlling the ship to the Final Four.

On sad and real note - I'd be shocked if Maymon is not in the purty yet weird Vol's jersey soon, and they may very well be great in the near future.  Dude will be in TN.  Tim loves Pearl necklaces.

Tim has got to see his son won't be The Man there. Does he opt for a mid-major where JM can be the centerpiece? Or, will Pearl's BS carry the day, even tough JM won't have the stage?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2009, 12:43:03 AM »
Tim has got to see his son won't be The Man there. Does he opt for a mid-major where JM can be the centerpiece? Or, will Pearl's BS carry the day, even tough JM won't have the stage?

TN will be the destination.  Remember, Timmay believes JM can and should be the centerpiece anywhere.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 12:47:51 AM »
  TN will be the destination.  Remember, Timmay believes JM can and should be the centerpiece anywhere.
Yup, the workout went great, we going to da Grizzlies.  NBA Finals here we come...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2009, 03:30:26 AM »
Yup, the workout went great, we going to da Grizzlies.  NBA Finals here we come...

Tim

Can you tell us about the waitresses at the Waffle Houses in the mid-South? Any Pearl necklaces handed out?

feedback