Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fool's Gold for Wisco  (Read 5375 times)

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
Fool's Gold for Wisco
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:17:21 PM »
I know Wisconsin fans will be on their high horses after this one but man they are really garbage. They had a home court advantage. Every call they could want. And struggled to beat a very bad MU team. We couldn't have played much worse and still managed to make it a game. Give us a couple years and this state is ourse!
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

avid1010

• All American
Re: Fool's Gold for Wisco
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 06:36:22 PM »
Wisconsin is always Wisconsin...they're dang near impossible to beat at home, they have height, they have little athleticism and they do nothing in the NCAA tournament.  I still believe Bo Ryan is the best thing for MU basketball.  He's just good enough to keep his job at UW, but the way he coaches we don't have too hard of a time recruiting against him.  He'll never have the players to make a deep run in the tournament.  I think Buzz will have the players, it's yet to be seen if he can coach them to a high level. 

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 06:37:07 PM »
Ourse? 

Get a refund. ;D

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Win with dignity, lose with dignity
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 06:47:44 PM »
The posts atop this thread are an embarrassment to Marquette University and we who “are” Marquette.

We lose to a pretty good team from the University of Wisconsin at Madison, and some respond here by making excuses, blasting the opposing coach and boasting that the future is ours.

All of this only makes Marquette and those who love it look simple and small. Some of us prefer not to appear so.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 07:05:27 PM »
We lost an awful lot from last year, and right now Madison has a better team than we have. It would be easier to accept if their fans weren't the biggest collection or arrogant a-holes on the face of the earth.

muole

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 07:13:01 PM »
We lost an awful lot from last year, and right now Madison has a better team than we have. It would be easier to accept if their fans weren't the biggest collection or arrogant a-holes on the face of the earth.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+1

MU Avenue

• Team Captain
Even you, ecompt?
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 07:25:21 PM »

Come on, brother. I thought you were a voice of reasoned thinking here.

Now even you have written that Marquette’s loss to the University of Wisconsin at Madison is exacerbated by the fact that some of the University of Wisconsin at Madison’s more infantile fans are “arrogant a**holes.”

Excuse me, fans of the University of Wisconsin at Madison are “the biggest collection or (sic) arrogant a**holes on the face of the earth (sic).”

The entire Earth?

muole

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 07:34:04 PM »
hyperbole MU Avenue, hyperbole

we just lost and the flock is frustrated.  it's gotta come out.

better to come out here than on the badger boards.  that would be classless.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 08:07:15 PM »
you're right, avenue, I was wrong. I should never post in the heat of the moment. I stand by the statement that UW right now is better than MU. But I hate their fans.

reinko

• All American
Re: Even you, ecompt?
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 08:11:11 PM »

Excuse me, fans of the University of Wisconsin at Madison are “the biggest collection or (sic) arrogant a**holes on the face of the earth (sic).”

The entire Earth?

Yup.

avid1010

• All American
Re: Win with dignity, lose with dignity
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 08:18:55 PM »
The posts atop this thread are an embarrassment to Marquette University and we who “are” Marquette.

We lose to a pretty good team from the University of Wisconsin at Madison, and some respond here by making excuses, blasting the opposing coach and boasting that the future is ours.

All of this only makes Marquette and those who love it look simple and small. Some of us prefer not to appear so.

As someone with degrees from both schools, who chooses to be an MU fan because I enjoy their program more, I do feel that MU's future is brighter than UW's.  I don't think my statement was at all an embarassment to MU.  I gave them credit for having a very strong home court advantage (as proven by their record and noted by every analyst under the sun), gave them credit for having height, but I don't think they have the talent to be a top notch team.  I think history shows that's pretty accurate, and that's what I see happening in the future.  Why would it change as Bo's recruiting classes get worse and worse? 

Do you not feel that MU is as weak as they will most likely ever be under Buzz and UW is about as strong as they will ever be under Bo?

Eye

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 12:34:05 AM »
Wisconsin is always Wisconsin...they're dang near impossible to beat at home, they have height, they have little athleticism and they do nothing in the NCAA tournament.  I still believe Bo Ryan is the best thing for MU basketball.  He's just good enough to keep his job at UW, but the way he coaches we don't have too hard of a time recruiting against him.  He'll never have the players to make a deep run in the tournament.  I think Buzz will have the players, it's yet to be seen if he can coach them to a high level. 

I guess I haven't thought of it that way. I think that's a pretty darned good point.
GO WARRIORS!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 09:32:53 AM »
We lost an awful lot from last year, and right now Madison has a better team than we have. It would be easier to accept if their fans weren't the biggest collection or arrogant a-holes on the face of the earth universe.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
+1

Fixed.

warthog-driver

• All American
Re: Even you, ecompt?
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 09:36:49 AM »

The entire Earth?

I agree. That is too big of a statement to be realistic. I prefer limiting the scope to just the western hemisphere.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 10:02:51 PM »
We lost an awful lot from last year, and right now Madison has a better team than we have. It would be easier to accept if their fans weren't the biggest collection or arrogant a-holes on the face of the earth universe galaxy.

Fixed.

Fixed properly, if you believe their leader, badgermoronic and his juvenile love of a guitar playing storm trooper.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2009, 10:26:15 PM »
Fixed properly, if you believe their leader, badgermoronic and his juvenile love of a guitar playing storm trooper.

I have often wondered about that Star Wars thing. It is, shall we say, a very strange avocation for a middle aged man? That is a pretty peculiar group over there on the Badger Board. I have always noted the arrogance, petulance, and delusional tendencies. Your reminder of the Star Trooper adds juvenile to the list.

martyconlonontherun

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2009, 11:11:34 PM »
The loss is what it is. They were a better team this year and were at home. They definitely aren't a top 20 team but definitely a top 40 team, so no shame in losing to them in our down year.
Our future is definitely brighter.

TVDirector

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 06:28:36 AM »
all I can say is congrats to the kids from u-dubja.
they played the way they have to play to win-
part of that is getting the calls, hitting their gifted free throws, riding their boisterous home crowd and playing and executing within their talents.

MU had the lid on the hoop early but sure showed some resilience and fortitude coming back-
had we taken the lead, it would have really set up for an interesting last several minutes.

our interior showed its holes, but the guys played hard.

congrats UW-
we'll get you next year.

btw:
is is true that Bo makes players do crunches at his feet during free throw drills?
do we even HAVE any free throw drills to shoot?
just askin.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 08:52:52 AM »
Let's face it, Bo had a game plan to beat us this year.  Bo's a good coach.  Wisconsin got the best of us this year.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »
Let's face it, Bo had a game plan to beat us this year.  Bo's a good coach.  Wisconsin got the best of us this year.

This.

As much as I dislike UW, it's just a basketball game.

UW has a pretty decent team this year, MU is rebuilding.

Next year? Well, Leuar and Nankavil will be really tough again, but their guard play doesn't scare me that much.

I like MU's chances at home.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 09:03:45 AM »
They have next to no guard play next year. Taylor and.... Josh Gasser? They'll have a ton of forwards but none particularly quick outside of Evans.

It'll be fun to watch them try and contain Vander.

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 09:54:32 AM »
This.

As much as I dislike UW, it's just a basketball game.

UW has a pretty decent team this year, MU is rebuilding.

Next year? Well, Leuar and Nankavil will be really tough again, but their guard play doesn't scare me that much.

I like MU's chances at home.

Next year is next year.  I'm still looking forward to games this year.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 10:01:48 AM »
Next year is next year.  I'm still looking forward to games this year.

Understood, I'm just saying that this is a rivalry game that is played annually.

Obviously I'm less than thrilled with the outcome, but I like MU's chances next year (in regards to UW).

Put it this way, I'd feel worse if I was a UWM fan. MU is rebuilding on the fly, and this was their best shot to beat MU. Next year will be even tougher.

feedback