Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Looks like we should have very little problem beating Pittsburgh this year  (Read 15772 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Looks like we should have very little problem beating Pittsburgh this year
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »
So will Indiana

So Will Marquette, thus we should have no problem beating Pittsburgh this year

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2009, 07:28:27 PM »
Judging by tonight's game, we should handle DePaul, no sweat.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2009, 07:34:17 PM »

I would hope so....both times we play them.  Unfortunately Jerry is going to be replaced.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »

I almost felt sorry for them when I was watching that game.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2009, 08:59:50 AM »
Kansas has reportedly offered a lucrative contract to Jim Harbaugh to come coach the Jayhawks.  I've been to Palo Alto and I've been to Lawrence, KS.  It would take a boat load of cash to get me to move to Lawrence!
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2009, 10:11:08 AM »
Kansas has reportedly offered a lucrative contract to Jim Harbaugh to come coach the Jayhawks.  I've been to Palo Alto and I've been to Lawrence, KS.  It would take a boat load of cash to get me to move to Lawrence!

I loved Lawrence when I went to school there.  I hope he goes to KU, would turn my other alma mater into a very good team.  Hope it happens.  Palo Alto is great, if you love No. Cal, hippees and libs everywhere.   ;D

mviale

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2009, 10:19:35 AM »
hippie liberals vs. creationists.  Looks like an easy decision.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2009, 10:24:50 AM »
hippie liberals vs. creationists.  Looks like an easy decision.

A state in total fiscal & social chaos  vs fly over country where real people live

Very easy decision.  Slam dunk decision quite frankly

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2009, 10:35:14 AM »
IT'S STANFORD, IT'S STANFORD!

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »
I loved Lawrence when I went to school there.  I hope he goes to KU, would turn my other alma mater into a very good team.  Hope it happens.  Palo Alto is great, if you love No. Cal, hippees and libs everywhere.   ;D

My sister and brother-in-law live in Prairie Village and have been Jayhawk season ticket holders for years.  I have gone to games at the Fog - a truly cool place.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2009, 11:15:12 AM »

You are the only person I have ever encountered who refers to grad schools they have attended as "alma maters". Your one and only is Marquette. Whether your a doctor, lawyer or Indian chief, dear old alma mater is all about the misspent youth and discovery of undergraduate education. The rest is a prolonged job application process or a work study program. Give it a rest.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2009, 11:27:33 AM »
You are the only person I have ever encountered who refers to grad schools they have attended as "alma maters". Your one and only is Marquette. Whether your a doctor, lawyer or Indian chief, dear old alma mater is all about the misspent youth and discovery of undergraduate education. The rest is a prolonged job application process or a work study program. Give it a rest.

Shame you haven't met too many people then....the actual definition of alma mater is where you earned your first degree OR doctorate\advanced degree OR both.  But hey, anything to give you an opening to take a shot, right TH?  Even if you're dead wrong.  LOL.  Enjoy today, hopefully for your sake MU wins and IU loses so you'll have double fun.....although right now IU is actually leading Kentucky (it's very early and I expect a 25 point thrashing).

Alma mater (Latin: "nourishing mother"), pronounced /ˈælmə ˈmeɪtər/ (UK), /ˈɑːlmə ˈmɑːtər/ (US), was used in ancient Rome as a title for various mother goddesses, especially Ceres or Cybele[1], and in Medieval Christianity for the Virgin Mary. In modern times, it is often a school, college, or university attended during one's formative years,[1]  which is usually interpreted to mean from where one earned one's first degree or doctorate, or both.[2]

TH....could you also contact Marquette for us all.  It seems that they have an article here about a judge visiting her alma mater, even though it was law school that she attended and not her undergraduate.  I want to make sure they are in compliance with how you view the world.  Tell them to "give it a rest".  LOL

http://law.marquette.edu/facultyblog/2008/09/26/judge-white-visits-her-alma-mater/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 11:42:23 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2009, 11:28:34 AM »
My sister and brother-in-law live in Prairie Village and have been Jayhawk season ticket holders for years.  I have gone to games at the Fog - a truly cool place.

The Phog is great, but I also enjoyed football there.  Still remember storming the field after beating Oklahoma, tearing down the goalposts and throwing one of them into Potter Lake.  Great times.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2009, 12:42:43 PM »
Shame you haven't met too many people then....the actual definition of alma mater is where you earned your first degree OR doctorate\advanced degree OR both.  But hey, anything to give you an opening to take a shot, right TH?  Even if you're dead wrong.  LOL.  Enjoy today, hopefully for your sake MU wins and IU loses so you'll have double fun.....although right now IU is actually leading Kentucky (it's very early and I expect a 25 point thrashing).

Alma mater (Latin: "nourishing mother"), pronounced /ˈælmə ˈmeɪtər/ (UK), /ˈɑːlmə ˈmɑːtər/ (US), was used in ancient Rome as a title for various mother goddesses, especially Ceres or Cybele[1], and in Medieval Christianity for the Virgin Mary. In modern times, it is often a school, college, or university attended during one's formative years,[1]  which is usually interpreted to mean from where one earned one's first degree or doctorate, or both.[2]

TH....could you also contact Marquette for us all.  It seems that they have an article here about a judge visiting her alma mater, even though it was law school that she attended and not her undergraduate.  I want to make sure they are in compliance with how you view the world.  Tell them to "give it a rest".  LOL

http://law.marquette.edu/facultyblog/2008/09/26/judge-white-visits-her-alma-mater/

So you've had three "nourishing mothers". Congrats. The people I know are content with their first (real) one even if they have doctorates. Like in the definition, the one attended during one's formative years. Usually where one get his first degree. Or doctorate. You add /advance degree though I don't see it even in the tail end of the definition. So what did you receive your doctorate in from Indiana and Kansas?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2009, 12:55:21 PM »
So you've had three "nourishing mothers". Congrats. The people I know are content with their first (real) one even if they have doctorates. Like in the definition, the one attended during one's formative years. Usually where one get his first degree. Or doctorate. You add /advance degree though I don't see it even in the tail end of the definition. So what did you receive your doctorate in from Indiana and Kansas?

Not all advanced degrees are doctorates, I'm sure you realize this.   Look up the other definitions, some don't mention first degree at all, some mention ANY degree, some mention simply attending the school and a degree not required.  

Some examples that don't fit your definition..."alma mater is the school or schools you went to".    "The school, college or university where you studied".  "Your alma mater is a school you graduated from"  "The school, college, or university where you were a student"

It's ok to be wrong TH, it really is.  

For the record, no doctorate from IU or KU.   PhD = Piled High and Deep.  No thanks.  

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2009, 12:58:46 PM »

A state in total fiscal & social chaos  vs fly over country where real people live

Very easy decision.  Slam dunk decision quite frankly

As proven by real estate prices, population, etc.  High demand for the Kansas life.   Everyone wants to live in Kansas....the place where they really believe that the Flintstones is non-fiction work.  I'll take hippies anyday over that Sarah Palin  ;) "real people" crap your pushing.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2009, 01:03:21 PM »
As proven by real estate prices, population, etc.  High demand for the Kansas life.   Everyone wants to live in Kansas....the place where they really believe that the Flintstones is non-fiction work.  I'll take hippies anyday over that Sarah Palin  ;) "real people" crap your pushing.

People gravitate to the coasts, or water ports where commerce is conducted.  Been that way since the dawn of time.  I'll take anyone in Kansas over Gavin Newsome every day of the week and twice on Sundays....or Nancy, or Barbara, or Dianne or whatever else is classified as people up there.   ;)

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2009, 01:13:12 PM »
Quote from: ChicosBailBonds link=topic=16572.msg161946#msg161 946 date=1260644601
People gravitate to the coasts, or water ports where commerce is conducted.

Not real people though, they ride dinosaurs in the heartland and are free of social chaos.  Giddy up Chicos!  It's you and the Terminator!

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
Superman lives in Kansas.

Superman!

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2009, 02:27:34 PM »

Just curious--where are your graduate degrees from? 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2009, 02:33:07 PM »
Both my degrees are from MU. However, were they from two different institutions, I would consider both to be my alma mater.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2009, 03:38:02 PM »
Not real people though, they ride dinosaurs in the heartland and are free of social chaos.  Giddy up Chicos!  It's you and the Terminator!

They also run their states much better, and not into the ground like Cali, New York, Illinois...wonder why that is.   ;D

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2009, 03:50:36 PM »
They also run their states much better, and not into the ground like Cali, New York, Illinois...wonder why that is.   ;D

Your nuts  :-\