collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Box scores?  (Read 4330 times)

tower912

• All American
Box scores?
« on: December 03, 2009, 02:32:24 PM »
Would it be possible to get box scores here after games?  Basically, I am just lazy enough to not feel like going to jsonline or some other site while discussing the game here. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

dsfire

• All American
Re: Box scores?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 04:09:31 PM »
Looks like yahoo and ESPN box scores would be hard to automate, as I'm not sure how to predict their game IDs.  Statsheet's box scores are a little unusual but they have a team schedule RSS with links to individual game box scores that might be usable.  Gomarquette.com doesn't appear to have an RSS specific to the scores but the URLs look predictable (a la http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2009-2010/mugame7.html)

I agree that it'd be nice to have a link to a box score from the banner in Hangin' at the Al.  It looks like TT's been adding the recaps and stats to the wiki, but not sure there's an easy way to integrate that on a game-by-game basis.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Box scores?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:12:52 PM »
Yeah I've been putting up game recaps this season which include the box score and play-by-play.  I've been trying to clean up some past seasons recaps as well if you need older box scores.

Just go to the MUScoop WIKI tab, Men's B-Ball Schedule tab, and then pick the game you want.

feedback