[Today at 07:46:49 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[April 29, 2024, 10:20:04 PM]

Marquette transfers, this millennium by tower912
[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucky Takin' It To The Devils  (Read 20007 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Bucky Takin' It To The Devils
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:10:25 PM »
At the half, UW kickin' ass. Could we use a player like Leuer or Singler?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

texaswarrior74

• All American
Duke-UW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:10:34 PM »
If I didn't know better I would think I was watching a game on ESPN classic from the mid-late 70s.    :D

MUeng

• All American
Re: Bucky Takin' It To The Devils
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:13:36 PM »
pretty darn good game so far.  Kyle Singler is just awesome.  I dunno if the badgers can continue to shoot like that but if they can...

KipsBayEagle

Re: Duke-UW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:03:41 PM »
Wisconsin is looking real good.  Its gonna be a real interesting game in a few weeks.

goldeneagles09

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »
Haha, the announcer just said "The Buckeyes are going to win! The Buckeyes are going to win...I mean the Badgers!"

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 10:21:02 PM »
Bobby Knight?

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:21:59 PM »
Wow - Wisconsin looked terrific.  Great playing and pretty fast pace - will be good for our RPI when we beat them :)

Whew - will be a war

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 10:22:26 PM »
Fans rush the court.............very, very weak.   Yeah, I said it.  

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 10:23:14 PM »
Wow, storming the court, really?  Was this the Final Four or did Wisconsin just win the Big 10?

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »
i think if you shut down hughes, you beat the badgers.  we'll see in a little while

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 10:24:10 PM »
Unfortunately.. in the last game of the big 10/acc challenge.. Florida State isn't looking so great against OSU.  Down by 12 with 3 minutes left.. not that being down by double digits has stopped them from winning before :-\
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 10:31:15 PM »
Unfortunately.. in the last game of the big 10/acc challenge.. Florida State isn't looking so great against OSU.  Down by 12 with 3 minutes left.. not that being down by double digits has stopped them from winning before :-\

ouch.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 11:28:37 PM »
Saw this one coming a mile away. If you put Duke's lineup in red and white, it'd look the same as UW. It was the perfect matchup for them.

Still think MU's quickness is going to give them fits. In fact, I'm more worried about the officiating than anyone on their team. If we get the Wade 2002 treatment, we'll lose.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:31:05 PM by MUfan12 »

augoman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 11:46:40 PM »
[ I'm more worried about the officiating than anyone on their team. If we get the Wade 2002 treatment, we'll lose.
[/quote]

well said- and oh so true!  It's always 5 on 7 up there, but the worst is the boorish fans..., begining to wish I weren't going. 

I was surprised BoBo took my advice (is he reading my mind?) and used Taylor to play point, moving Trebone to the 2 and not clogging the middle with the current Butch-like walrus.  Much faster, more agile team.  Notice how the guards hung back at midcourt to defend breaks or cherry pick outlets.  Best they've looked to me in many years.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 06:11:56 AM »
I'm more worried about the officiating than anyone on their team. If we get the Wade 2002 treatment, we'll lose.
I was overseas in 02, didn't read many details.  Can you elaborate?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 07:42:47 AM »
Wade's Sophomore year, they went in there ranked. Wade picked up two quick offensive fouls. One legit, then one huge flop under the rim. Then right before half he picks up one where the UW guy slides into him and practically hip checks him. MU fell behind by 20. In the second half, MU went on a big run (fueled by Wade) and cut it either to 2 or tied it. Then Wade picks up his fourth (another questionable call). From there Kirk Penney took over and that was about it.

MU had 2 guys foul out, and had like 10 more fouls called on them. It was pretty bad.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 07:57:19 AM »

OSU is a far better team than FSU, and most people thought so going into that game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 07:59:59 AM »
As someone who stormed the court against an unranked Notre Dame team my senior year, it is hard for me to criticize the UW fans for that.  I smiled because that really is what college sports is about.  Fun atmosphere.

Hughes just played fantastic.  But I think Leuer is going to cause troubles for us.  We are going to have to guard him with someone like Butler, but that means we are going to have match up issues elsewhere if we start the same line-up that we have recently.  UW won't run the same three-guard line up they did against Duke.

MU1984

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 08:05:21 AM »
Hughes was clutch and picked up for Bohanon who you can't expect to be that bad.  Its going to be an interesting game on December 12th because Marquette plays nothing like Duke.

Nice with for Bucky and I am glad they got it.  Helps out the SoS for MU and would be a nice resume win - especially now that Xavier and Michigan aren't looking too impressive anymore.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 08:12:47 AM »
UW certainly looked good last night.
However regarding your issue with match-ups FSU was every bit as tall as UW and quicker on the front line.  If we play like we did the first 30 minutes with FSU UW is going to have some real problems of their own.  Also Bo with his "I only play man to man" inflexibility is going to play right into our hands just as it did 2 years ago.  If our guys are on their game they are going to be blowing by their man at will.
My biggest concern is Hughes.  Mo or Cubby are going to have to guard him.  If he goes down low, as Badger guards do in that offense it is going to be tough to keep him from scoring.  I don't like that match up.  I think if you contain Hughes our chances get a lot better in this game.
One thing I'm not looking forward to.  The face Bo makes everytime one of his players is called for a foul.  Come on Bo even your guys foul on rare occasions

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 08:19:42 AM »
UW certainly looked good last night.
However regarding your issue with match-ups FSU was every bit as tall as UW and quicker on the front line.  

But Leuer is a legitimate outside scoring threat.  FSU's bigs were not that.  Plus, they will find a way to get one of their bigs matched up on one of their guards underneath.  Their entire offense is predicated on that.  Wes Matthews guarded big last year, but I am not sure we have a guard on this team that can do that as well as he did.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 08:30:18 AM »
Wade's Sophomore year, they went in there ranked. Wade picked up two quick offensive fouls. One legit, then one huge flop under the rim. Then right before half he picks up one where the UW guy slides into him and practically hip checks him. MU fell behind by 20. In the second half, MU went on a big run (fueled by Wade) and cut it either to 2 or tied it. Then Wade picks up his fourth (another questionable call). From there Kirk Penney took over and that was about it.

MU had 2 guys foul out, and had like 10 more fouls called on them. It was pretty bad.
Thanks, I'm kind of glad that I didn't know much about it.  Could've been one of those games where you put your fist through the TV.

LON

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 08:31:28 AM »
I thought WI was an elite program, fans of elite programs don't storm the court against a number 5 ranked team on the 2nd of December...

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »
As someone who stormed the court against an unranked Notre Dame team my senior year, it is hard for me to criticize the UW fans for that.  I smiled because that really is what college sports is about.  Fun atmosphere.

Hughes just played fantastic.  But I think Leuer is going to cause troubles for us.  We are going to have to guard him with someone like Butler, but that means we are going to have match up issues elsewhere if we start the same line-up that we have recently.  UW won't run the same three-guard line up they did against Duke.

Don't know if we're talking about the same game, but I stormed the court after a win against an unranked Notre Dame -- with a losing record -- my junior year.  I'm not proud of it, but I'd do it again.  We really, really sucked at the time (and I was really drunk).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
I thought WI was an elite program, fans of elite programs don't storm the court against a number 5 ranked team on the 2nd of December...

Exactly.  Now try making that argument where I work... land of the Badger fans who can't shut up about this win.

I heard the following already today:

"This was one of the biggest wins in school history!"

"Who cares, we beat Duke!"

"When was the last time a Big Ten team beat Duke???" *I reminded them that Michigan beat Duke last year