[April 29, 2024, 08:11:30 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by GoldenEagles03
[April 29, 2024, 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[April 29, 2024, 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 29, 2024, 11:00:09 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucky Takin' It To The Devils  (Read 20006 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Bucky Takin' It To The Devils
« on: December 02, 2009, 09:10:25 PM »
At the half, UW kickin' ass. Could we use a player like Leuer or Singler?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

texaswarrior74

• All American
Duke-UW
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 09:10:34 PM »
If I didn't know better I would think I was watching a game on ESPN classic from the mid-late 70s.    :D

MUeng

• All American
Re: Bucky Takin' It To The Devils
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 09:13:36 PM »
pretty darn good game so far.  Kyle Singler is just awesome.  I dunno if the badgers can continue to shoot like that but if they can...

KipsBayEagle

Re: Duke-UW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 10:03:41 PM »
Wisconsin is looking real good.  Its gonna be a real interesting game in a few weeks.

goldeneagles09

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »
Haha, the announcer just said "The Buckeyes are going to win! The Buckeyes are going to win...I mean the Badgers!"

SWARM!

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 10:21:02 PM »
Bobby Knight?

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 10:21:59 PM »
Wow - Wisconsin looked terrific.  Great playing and pretty fast pace - will be good for our RPI when we beat them :)

Whew - will be a war

Mods, Delete me please. 8/26/2020

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 10:22:26 PM »
Fans rush the court.............very, very weak.   Yeah, I said it.  

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 10:23:14 PM »
Wow, storming the court, really?  Was this the Final Four or did Wisconsin just win the Big 10?

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 10:23:56 PM »
i think if you shut down hughes, you beat the badgers.  we'll see in a little while

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 10:24:10 PM »
Unfortunately.. in the last game of the big 10/acc challenge.. Florida State isn't looking so great against OSU.  Down by 12 with 3 minutes left.. not that being down by double digits has stopped them from winning before :-\
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 10:31:15 PM »
Unfortunately.. in the last game of the big 10/acc challenge.. Florida State isn't looking so great against OSU.  Down by 12 with 3 minutes left.. not that being down by double digits has stopped them from winning before :-\

ouch.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 11:28:37 PM »
Saw this one coming a mile away. If you put Duke's lineup in red and white, it'd look the same as UW. It was the perfect matchup for them.

Still think MU's quickness is going to give them fits. In fact, I'm more worried about the officiating than anyone on their team. If we get the Wade 2002 treatment, we'll lose.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:31:05 PM by MUfan12 »

augoman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 11:46:40 PM »
[ I'm more worried about the officiating than anyone on their team. If we get the Wade 2002 treatment, we'll lose.
[/quote]

well said- and oh so true!  It's always 5 on 7 up there, but the worst is the boorish fans..., begining to wish I weren't going. 

I was surprised BoBo took my advice (is he reading my mind?) and used Taylor to play point, moving Trebone to the 2 and not clogging the middle with the current Butch-like walrus.  Much faster, more agile team.  Notice how the guards hung back at midcourt to defend breaks or cherry pick outlets.  Best they've looked to me in many years.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 06:11:56 AM »
I'm more worried about the officiating than anyone on their team. If we get the Wade 2002 treatment, we'll lose.
I was overseas in 02, didn't read many details.  Can you elaborate?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 07:42:47 AM »
Wade's Sophomore year, they went in there ranked. Wade picked up two quick offensive fouls. One legit, then one huge flop under the rim. Then right before half he picks up one where the UW guy slides into him and practically hip checks him. MU fell behind by 20. In the second half, MU went on a big run (fueled by Wade) and cut it either to 2 or tied it. Then Wade picks up his fourth (another questionable call). From there Kirk Penney took over and that was about it.

MU had 2 guys foul out, and had like 10 more fouls called on them. It was pretty bad.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 07:57:19 AM »

OSU is a far better team than FSU, and most people thought so going into that game.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2009, 07:59:59 AM »
As someone who stormed the court against an unranked Notre Dame team my senior year, it is hard for me to criticize the UW fans for that.  I smiled because that really is what college sports is about.  Fun atmosphere.

Hughes just played fantastic.  But I think Leuer is going to cause troubles for us.  We are going to have to guard him with someone like Butler, but that means we are going to have match up issues elsewhere if we start the same line-up that we have recently.  UW won't run the same three-guard line up they did against Duke.

MU1984

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2009, 08:05:21 AM »
Hughes was clutch and picked up for Bohanon who you can't expect to be that bad.  Its going to be an interesting game on December 12th because Marquette plays nothing like Duke.

Nice with for Bucky and I am glad they got it.  Helps out the SoS for MU and would be a nice resume win - especially now that Xavier and Michigan aren't looking too impressive anymore.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2009, 08:12:47 AM »
UW certainly looked good last night.
However regarding your issue with match-ups FSU was every bit as tall as UW and quicker on the front line.  If we play like we did the first 30 minutes with FSU UW is going to have some real problems of their own.  Also Bo with his "I only play man to man" inflexibility is going to play right into our hands just as it did 2 years ago.  If our guys are on their game they are going to be blowing by their man at will.
My biggest concern is Hughes.  Mo or Cubby are going to have to guard him.  If he goes down low, as Badger guards do in that offense it is going to be tough to keep him from scoring.  I don't like that match up.  I think if you contain Hughes our chances get a lot better in this game.
One thing I'm not looking forward to.  The face Bo makes everytime one of his players is called for a foul.  Come on Bo even your guys foul on rare occasions

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2009, 08:19:42 AM »
UW certainly looked good last night.
However regarding your issue with match-ups FSU was every bit as tall as UW and quicker on the front line.  

But Leuer is a legitimate outside scoring threat.  FSU's bigs were not that.  Plus, they will find a way to get one of their bigs matched up on one of their guards underneath.  Their entire offense is predicated on that.  Wes Matthews guarded big last year, but I am not sure we have a guard on this team that can do that as well as he did.

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2009, 08:30:18 AM »
Wade's Sophomore year, they went in there ranked. Wade picked up two quick offensive fouls. One legit, then one huge flop under the rim. Then right before half he picks up one where the UW guy slides into him and practically hip checks him. MU fell behind by 20. In the second half, MU went on a big run (fueled by Wade) and cut it either to 2 or tied it. Then Wade picks up his fourth (another questionable call). From there Kirk Penney took over and that was about it.

MU had 2 guys foul out, and had like 10 more fouls called on them. It was pretty bad.
Thanks, I'm kind of glad that I didn't know much about it.  Could've been one of those games where you put your fist through the TV.

LON

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2009, 08:31:28 AM »
I thought WI was an elite program, fans of elite programs don't storm the court against a number 5 ranked team on the 2nd of December...

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2009, 08:41:00 AM »
As someone who stormed the court against an unranked Notre Dame team my senior year, it is hard for me to criticize the UW fans for that.  I smiled because that really is what college sports is about.  Fun atmosphere.

Hughes just played fantastic.  But I think Leuer is going to cause troubles for us.  We are going to have to guard him with someone like Butler, but that means we are going to have match up issues elsewhere if we start the same line-up that we have recently.  UW won't run the same three-guard line up they did against Duke.

Don't know if we're talking about the same game, but I stormed the court after a win against an unranked Notre Dame -- with a losing record -- my junior year.  I'm not proud of it, but I'd do it again.  We really, really sucked at the time (and I was really drunk).
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
I thought WI was an elite program, fans of elite programs don't storm the court against a number 5 ranked team on the 2nd of December...

Exactly.  Now try making that argument where I work... land of the Badger fans who can't shut up about this win.

I heard the following already today:

"This was one of the biggest wins in school history!"

"Who cares, we beat Duke!"

"When was the last time a Big Ten team beat Duke???" *I reminded them that Michigan beat Duke last year

LON

• All American
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2009, 08:59:28 AM »
Don't know if we're talking about the same game, but I stormed the court after a win against an unranked Notre Dame -- with a losing record -- my junior year.  I'm not proud of it, but I'd do it again.  We really, really sucked at the time (and I was really drunk).

They don't serve beer at the Kohl hole so the fact that most of them were (presumably) sober and made the decision to do it makes it even funnier/more pathetic.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2009, 09:09:59 AM »

We beat Duke in '80(?) when they were #1(?).  So There.

ND was(is) our number 1 rival.  Different criteria for court storming.

Badger fans: act like you've done it before.

MU1984

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2009, 09:24:55 AM »
They don't serve beer at the Kohl hole so the fact that most of them were (presumably) sober and made the decision to do it makes it even funnier/more pathetic.

Easy, I am no Badger basketball apologist, but I am pretty sure they sneak booze in there the same way they do for football games.  It is a blessing that the BC serves beer, but lets not act like college kids are going to be sober at bball games bc the place doesnt serve beer.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2009, 09:25:51 AM »

It would have been the Saturday before finals...1989.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2009, 09:27:54 AM »

You guys are a bunch of killjoys.  Seriously.  I have absolutely no problem with the UW fans storming the court after that game.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 09:37:23 AM »

You guys are a bunch of killjoys.  Seriously.  I have absolutely no problem with the UW fans storming the court after that game.

+1.

let's not get up on our high horses here.

It's just college kids having a little fun.

LON

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 09:41:24 AM »
+1.

let's not get up on our high horses here.

It's just college kids having a little fun.

When you've played less than 10 total games on the season, it is never OK to rush the court.  Unless it is some crazy upset like a team along the lines of a Middle Tennesse State beating [insert top 5 team here]

EDIT:  UW over Dook = nowhere near a crazy upset, mild at best.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:45:29 AM by LancesOtherNut »

LON

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 09:44:33 AM »

If MU beats 'Nova and they are still ranked 3/4 would you advocate it?

I sure wouldn't.  I'd be embarrassed.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2009, 09:52:11 AM »

I'm not advocating anything.  If the students did storm the court after beating Nova, I wouldn't care.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2009, 09:52:26 AM »
 Unless it is some crazy upset like a team along the lines of a Middle Tennesse State beating [insert top 5 team here]

EDIT:  UW over Dook = nowhere near a crazy upset, mild at best.

What did the Blue Raiders ever do to you?!  ;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

LON

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2009, 10:00:14 AM »

I'm not advocating anything.  If the students did storm the court after beating Nova, I wouldn't care.

Fair enough, my mistake to put words in your mouth or in this case on the screen.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2009, 10:02:10 AM »

Put it this way, I wouldn't encourage students to do it, but I'd be careful getting up on our high horses about it.

I enjoy college athletics much more than pro because of the energy and spirit that the students (and some alumni) bring.

I'm not going to rip any school for rushing the floor. I wouldn't encourage it for most match-ups, but it's really not that big of a deal.

If you want to take a shot at a student section, feel free to rip on IU. They crossed the line with some of those cheers.

UW just got excited and ran on the floor. Nothing to be "embarrassed" about.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »
I don't know, those ushers at the B.C. who patrol the baseline in front of sections 105/106 seem pretty menacing.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

LON

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 10:13:58 AM »
Put it this way, I wouldn't encourage students to do it, but I'd be careful getting up on our high horses about it.

I enjoy college athletics much more than pro because of the energy and spirit that the students (and some alumni) bring.

I'm not going to rip any school for rushing the floor. I wouldn't encourage it for most match-ups, but it's really not that big of a deal.

If you want to take a shot at a student section, feel free to rip on IU. They crossed the line with some of those cheers.

UW just got excited and ran on the floor. Nothing to be "embarrassed" about.

I tend to avoid anything IU related, care to elaborate?

I too prefer the college game over the pros for the same reasons, but I guess "different strokes" on the rushing the court aspect.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2009, 11:06:29 AM »
I tend to avoid anything IU related, care to elaborate?

I too prefer the college game over the pros for the same reasons, but I guess "different strokes" on the rushing the court aspect.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20091202/SPORTS0601/912020367/1004/SPORTS/Crean-IU-fans-cross-line

here is the link.

the students were chanting some pretty inappropriate stuff. I'm all for trying to rattle other players, but these cheers just make IU look like hicks.

Here's some more information from a fellow poster:

I just read on the IU board what was chanted, and it wasn't just obscenities, reports include:

Yelling; Yellow P*ssy @ a Chinese player for Maryland

Yelling; "go back to Cuba" or "go back to Mexico" to other foreign players, chanting homosexual slurs...

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2009, 11:07:37 AM »

I would hope that the fans take it in stride......Like I said

Act like you've been there before.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2009, 11:13:06 AM »
If the MU kids did it at all this year (aside from winning the BEAST) I would criticize them just as much.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2009, 11:18:01 AM »
Act like you've been there before.

Why?  Why not just have fun with it?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2009, 11:19:56 AM »

Why?  Why not just have fun with it?

why not rip down the goal posts after every big win?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2009, 11:39:34 AM »

Because that's destruction of property.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2009, 11:43:42 AM »

Because that's taking it too far.

Think about it this way:

Every student wearing a gold shirt = cool

Every student painting their whole body gold = too far.

Rushing the court = a little immature, but not a big deal

Ripping down the nets and/or goalposts = too far.

At the end of the day, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. It's drunk college kids having 15min. of fun.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2009, 11:59:44 AM »
College kids wanted to storm the court.  It was a big win.  Let them enjoy the moment.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2009, 12:29:41 PM »
We should be happy Wisconsin won they will probably be ranked in the new poll and when MU takes them down it will most definitely
be a quality win at the least
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

MU1984

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »
We should be happy Wisconsin won they will probably be ranked in the new poll and when MU takes them down it will most definitely

+1

copious1218

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2009, 02:46:43 PM »

+1, especially because the other 3 games that had some significance to MU went the wrong way (NC St, Michigan, Fla St. having all lost).

chapman

• All American
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2009, 04:08:25 PM »
If the MU kids did it at all this year (aside from winning the BEAST) I would criticize them just as much.

So would I.  If the roles were switched, unranked Duke wouldn't storm the court for beating a top 10 team.  Maybe against UNC, but the Tar Heel fans would have a field day with that.  Unless it's to wrap up the conference and launch a postseason run it's saying "your program is much better and we don't really belong".  Not a statement I want MU fans to make.

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2009, 08:24:36 AM »
On a related subject...

Anybody see Pat Knight to tell the TTech students to knock off the "Overrated" chant?  Classy move, and surprisingly the students shut up immediately.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2009, 08:32:49 AM »
On a related subject...

Anybody see Pat Knight to tell the TTech students to knock off the "Overrated" chant?  Classy move, and surprisingly the students shut up immediately.

But then they stormed the court after they won.  They need to act like they've been there before!!!

MU B2002

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2009, 08:35:18 AM »
He told them to knock it off in OT, did they storm the court after OT?  I saw they did it after regulation when they though singletary had hit the game winner.

And maybe they haven't been there before.   ;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2009, 08:48:01 AM »
Is it ok to storm the court at the Kohl Center next weekend?  Or is that in bad taste ;)?
Marquette University, Spring '08

radome

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2009, 08:54:03 AM »
Is it ok to storm the court at the Kohl Center next weekend?  Or is that in bad taste ;)?
Nice!

reinko

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 08:56:14 AM »

A dream of mine to storm the court on the road.  I was tempted at NC State last year, as well as at UCONN a few years back.  8-)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2009, 08:58:14 AM »

I will be there!  I'm heading home from Indiana that day and am going to the game with a dear friend of mine whose only fault is that he's a Badger fan and season ticket holder.  Ten rows up...free throw line extended.

He'd probably be pretty POed if I storm the court though...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2009, 09:29:08 AM »

I will be there!  I'm heading home from Indiana that day and am going to the game with a dear friend of mine whose only fault is that he's a Badger fan and season ticket holder.  Ten rows up...free throw line extended.

He'd probably be pretty POed if I storm the court though...

When MU wins, I am sure MUScoopers could pony up the bail/fine $.  I am in for the first $20.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2009, 10:04:20 AM »
First, you have to drink Hennessey at halftime.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2009, 11:46:38 AM »
First, you have to drink Hennessey at halftime.

+37

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2009, 11:00:06 AM »

But then they stormed the court after they won.  They need to act like they've been there before!!!

No, really Hoosier....storm the court...go ahead

feedback