[Today at 10:37:49 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Who leaves their current job first?

TC at IU
44 (26.8%)
Buzz at MU
10 (6.1%)
Rick at STL
70 (42.7%)
KO at USC
31 (18.9%)
Deane at Wagner
9 (5.5%)

Total Members Voted: 163

Author Topic: Poll: Who Leaves First?  (Read 7891 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Poll: Who Leaves First?
« on: November 21, 2009, 09:43:20 PM »
I'm voting for TC.  His recruiting class and BU loss must make IU feel like they were duped.  The rest are largely performing as expected.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 09:46:18 PM by AnotherMU84 »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Poll: Who Leaves First?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 10:02:52 PM »
I'm voting for TC.  His recruiting class and BU loss must make IU feel like they were duped.  The rest are largely performing as expected.

Didn't TC's first recruiting class get ranked higher than Buzz's?  I know the second class didn't, but I'm almost positive the first one did...his 2011 class is also shaping up to be very good.

I voted for Rick...health will take it's toll.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 10:06:34 PM »
Didn't TC's first recruiting class get ranked higher than Buzz's?  I know the second class didn't, but I'm almost positive the first one did...his 2011 class is also shaping up to be very good.

Ditto.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 10:07:19 PM »

You know what? Buzz looks a little huskier and still chews. Plus all that sweet tea. Dude's got to get a health grip too before he pops a gasket.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 10:17:26 PM »

You know what? Buzz looks a little huskier and still chews. Plus all that sweet tea. Dude's got to get a health grip too before he pops a gasket.

I'm glad he's running to Indy.  Hope he keeps it up.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 11:03:23 PM »
I voted for KO. I think USC will be in the market this offseason.
GO WARRIORS!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 11:07:32 PM »
Rick. He's been a media darling, post-Utah coaching career. He's a shadow of his former self.

But KO may get the boot first...since the Pac-10 is a power conference and the alumni are rich and powerful.
SS Marquette

mviale

• All American
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 11:10:16 PM »
Crean needs Dwade or he is done - fans  dont have that much patience.

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 05:43:15 AM »
Hopefully it's not Buzz.  If it is, something doesn't bode well for Marquette and/or Buzz.  I hope the Buzz era at Marquette is a long prosperous one for both parties.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 06:06:36 AM by NCMUFan »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2009, 07:44:18 AM »
KO.   They don't really want him there and he is going to be a poor fit.    Second place, Majerus for health reasons.   Buzz keeps saying all the right things about staying at MU as long as they will have him, how the MU's mission matches up with his faith.    Maybe coachspeak, maybe the truth.    I hope it is the latter.      TC will be fine at IU if the fanbase gives him the 4-5 years he is going to need.    It is a coin flip as to whether that happens.   I will say he is gong from IU before Buzz leaves MU. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 11:34:22 AM »
How old is Deane BTW? Upper 50s (assuming he wouldn't retire for at least another 5 years or so)?

In order, I'd rank KO 1st, Majerus 2nd, Crean 3rd, Deane 4th and Buzz 5th.
GO WARRIORS!

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 11:55:52 AM »
IU just lost to Geoge MAson...Mason is younger than IU with 11 freshman and sophomores

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »
IU will be fine.  They are not getting stomped on.  They do not have a Novak/Chapman type leader on their team to help them get through these close games.  IU fans will give Crean 4 years before getting impatient.  They just got through Davis and Sampson.  A good "image" coach is all they are looking for at IU in the short term.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2009, 03:52:48 PM »
Didn't TC's first recruiting class get ranked higher than Buzz's?  I know the second class didn't, but I'm almost positive the first one did...his 2011 class is also shaping up to be very good.

I wasn't aware rankings actually won you games.

Sort of like getting a high draft choice doesn't guarantee success.

FWIW I voted for Rick due to size, and he has retired a few times already.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 03:58:20 PM by Hards_Alumni »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 01:00:04 AM »
I wasn't aware rankings actually won you games.

Sort of like getting a high draft choice doesn't guarantee success.

FWIW I voted for Rick due to size, and he has retired a few times already.

Rercruiting classes don't win games, but for some reason several people here keep saying how bad IU's recruiting classes have been under Crean....when one of them was ranked higher than MU's under Buzz.  Seems odd thing to say quite frankly.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 01:06:34 AM »
IU just lost to Geoge MAson...Mason is younger than IU with 11 freshman and sophomores

You remain a piece of work.

George Mason started no freshmen and no first year players to their program.  They start a junior and a senior.

IU started two freshmen and another first year player to their program...60% of their starters are first year IU players.  Their other two starters are sophomores. 

Funny when you dig into the facts how things change.  No agenda, right Hayward.    ::)

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 09:14:23 AM »
You remain a piece of work.

George Mason started no freshmen and no first year players to their program.  They start a junior and a senior.

IU started two freshmen and another first year player to their program...60% of their starters are first year IU players.  Their other two starters are sophomores. 

Funny when you dig into the facts how things change.  No agenda, right Hayward.    ::)

Chicos,

I just noticed your resemblance to 2002alum.  Or are you really 2002alum, just using him as your Riley/Joanie alter ego.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 09:50:34 AM »
Chicos,

I just noticed your resemblance to 2002alum.  Or are you really 2002alum, just using him as your Riley/Joanie alter ego.

If 2002 uses facts, then yes we are very similar.   ;D

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 09:52:55 AM »
No Mr. Hayward option?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 10:06:02 AM »
Chicos,

Chicos uses more emoticons.  ;)
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 10:09:00 AM »
If 2002 uses facts, then yes we are very similar.   ;D

He had been the biggest defender of all things TC, but now there is a rival.

Don't get me wrong...I am in the TC was a net positive for MU camp, but he was beginning to wear out his welcome, within MU Athletics and the MU fan base.  

My biggest issue was signing a 10 year contract and bailing after 2 years.  MU was generous (maybe overly generous) with the length of contract.   It is a signal to recruits that they don't need to worry about the coach being fired.  To leave after 2 years is douchebaggery.  He owed MU more that that.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »

After the April 1st surprise, TC added former MU recruit D Williams (since transferred to Ole Miss) to The IU 2008 class. Buzz added Jimmy Butler. Advantage, Buzz. 2009, Crean's class gets a slight edge from most evaluators though MU is rated #1 by Coleman. 2010, another knockout for Buzz. So with tons of pt to offer at top five national program Indiana, TC's results look lackluster at best. Very few of the Marquette faithful thought Buzz would overcome TC's built in advantages at IU this decisively. None of the IU faithful did. Add IU's lackluster on court performances to the mix and the natives are getting restless. Verbals from a couple of 4 stars in the 2011 class won't be enough to placate Hoosier followers. Anything short of a Selby commit this spring will mean major disappointment. After all, as TC is fond of saying, "it's Indiana, it's Indiana".

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 10:15:31 AM »
After the April 1st surprise, TC added former MU recruit D Williams (since transferred to Ole Miss) to The IU 2008 class. Buzz added Jimmy Butler. Advantage, Buzz. 2009, Crean's class gets a slight edge from most evaluators though MU is rated #1 by Coleman. 2010, another knockout for Buzz. So with tons of pt to offer at top five national program Indiana, TC's results look lackluster at best. Very few of the Marquette faithful thought Buzz would overcome TC's built in advantages at IU this decisively. None of the IU faithful did. Add IU's lackluster on court performances to the mix and the natives are getting restless. Verbals from a couple of 4 stars in the 2011 class won't be enough to placate Hoosier followers. Anything short of a Selby commit this spring will mean major disappointment. After all, as TC is fond of saying, "it's Indiana, it's Indiana".

LOL.  Buzz inherited a great situation.  TC took over a nuclear disaster.  The comparisons are not apt.

I wish them both the best.  I hope Buzz is here 20 years, because it means things are going great.  I hope TC turns around a once proud program that has been stained and tarnished not only on the court, but more importantly in the classroom and off the court.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 10:28:28 AM »
Chico's, I know you understood what I was saying, but chose to ignore.

What I was saying is that highly ranked classes mean nothing.

what matters is how those recruits have performed.

In this case, you could say Buzz's recruits are far and away better.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 10:36:39 AM »
LOL.  Buzz inherited a great situation.  TC took over a nuclear disaster.  The comparisons are not apt.

I wish them both the best.  I hope Buzz is here 20 years, because it means things are going great.  I hope TC turns around a once proud program that has been stained and tarnished not only on the court, but more importantly in the classroom and off the court.

LOL yourself. Crean left a "great situation" to take over a "nuclear disaster"? Since when is a top 6 national program with TONS of playing time to offer a "nuclear disaster"? Guess rookie coach Josh Pastner didn't get the memo about the "disaster" he inherited at a program with a fraction of Indiana's tradition. All he did was sign the #1 class in the country while TC (in year2/3)inked guys rated around 150 and 250 respectively.