'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:41:27 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 02:07:56 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 01:37:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 12:00:22 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reggie Smith signs with MU  (Read 47591 times)

martyconlonontherun

• All American
Re: Reggie Smith signs with MU
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2010, 11:29:42 PM »
I find it slightly ironic that I bumped a thread earlier in the day, that SoCalwarrior, decided to moderate and lock -which was basically a thread that called out "Groove" and his trolling ways - and now as a moderator you choose to bump this thread...which just so happens to start at the top of Page 5 with BMA pretty much forecasting the future, and in so doing somewhat making me look stupid for my posts on the Smith signing.  However, I could go re-quote BMA from Page 4 where he stated there was NO way Smith starts over Cadougan - which, we are all aware, did in fact happen - but my point here isn't about being "right," wrong, or stupid.  Rather just felt it ironic and that it merited mention that another moderator here locked a thread that I bumped today...and you chose to bump this one.  That said this is your board, and you are entitled to lock, censor, delete, allow whatever content you like.
He locked it cause the thread was confusing. It didn't have a dated title so it was confusing once people read the post. This tit;e clearly shows it is dated and this is an actually relevant thread to what we are discussing today. Not some random past post that makes you feel you are superior to other posters. Not everyone here has agendas or that there is a huge conspiracy to make certain posters seem right.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2010, 03:35:21 AM »
I find it slightly ironic that I bumped a thread earlier in the day, that SoCalwarrior, decided to moderate and lock -which was basically a thread that called out "Groove" and his trolling ways - and now as a moderator you choose to bump this thread...which just so happens to start at the top of Page 5 with BMA pretty much forecasting the future, and in so doing somewhat making me look stupid for my posts on the Smith signing.  However, I could go re-quote BMA from Page 4 where he stated there was NO way Smith starts over Cadougan - which, we are all aware, did in fact happen - but my point here isn't about being "right," wrong, or stupid.  Rather just felt it ironic and that it merited mention that another moderator here locked a thread that I bumped today...and you chose to bump this one.  That said this is your board, and you are entitled to lock, censor, delete, allow whatever content you like.

Good God...you sound like a bitter ex girlfriend...

your thread was locked...get over it...this thread has 1000x more to do with what is going on with mu bball than grooves awful predictions from when Buzz was hired.

I normally respect the majority of what you say Ners...this doesn't fall in the majority
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:39:59 AM by foreverwarriors »

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2010, 08:18:44 AM »
I find it slightly ironic that I bumped a thread earlier in the day, that SoCalwarrior, decided to moderate and lock -which was basically a thread that called out "Groove" and his trolling ways - and now as a moderator you choose to bump this thread...which just so happens to start at the top of Page 5 with BMA pretty much forecasting the future, and in so doing somewhat making me look stupid for my posts on the Smith signing.  However, I could go re-quote BMA from Page 4 where he stated there was NO way Smith starts over Cadougan - which, we are all aware, did in fact happen - but my point here isn't about being "right," wrong, or stupid.  Rather just felt it ironic and that it merited mention that another moderator here locked a thread that I bumped today...and you chose to bump this one.  That said this is your board, and you are entitled to lock, censor, delete, allow whatever content you like.

Why thank you Ners, I think we might.  Great to have permission from you first, that makes it all better.  Just a note though, this board isn't about continuously trying to one-up, disprove, call-out, or discredit other posters but rather simply for discussion of Marquette basketball.  Consider this and the intent of the two thread-bumpings and hopefully you'll see the difference.  This repetitive scoffing is, quite frankly, trash that most would prefer to not read - us mods included.  An appeal to every user: if that's your agenda, save us the trouble and just refrain from posting.  If you can't, we'll be not-so-glad to help.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2010, 08:30:01 AM »
Why thank you Ners, I think we might.  Great to have permission from you first, that makes it all better.  Just a note though, this board isn't about continuously trying to one-up, disprove, call-out, or discredit other posters but rather simply for discussion of Marquette basketball.  Consider this and the intent of the two thread-bumpings and hopefully you'll see the difference.  This repetitive scoffing is, quite frankly, trash that most would prefer to not read - us mods included.  An appeal to every user: if that's your agenda, save us the trouble and just refrain from posting.  If you can't, we'll be not-so-glad to help.

Thanks for this.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2010, 08:58:06 AM »
I find it slightly ironic that I bumped a thread earlier in the day, that SoCalwarrior, decided to moderate and lock -which was basically a thread that called out "Groove" and his trolling ways - and now as a moderator you choose to bump this thread...which just so happens to start at the top of Page 5 with BMA pretty much forecasting the future, and in so doing somewhat making me look stupid for my posts on the Smith signing.  However, I could go re-quote BMA from Page 4 where he stated there was NO way Smith starts over Cadougan - which, we are all aware, did in fact happen - but my point here isn't about being "right," wrong, or stupid.  Rather just felt it ironic and that it merited mention that another moderator here locked a thread that I bumped today...and you chose to bump this one.  That said this is your board, and you are entitled to lock, censor, delete, allow whatever content you like.

Well, and that's what you get when you have 4 moderators .. We have 3 choices, depending on how much energy we have.  Lock, edit, or delete entirely.   SoCal decided to lock, and we generally get behind the decisions that get made, so I'll cosign.  Given more energy, he might have done some editing instead, to guide the thread to a more fruitful debate.

In any event .. Spiral hit it on the head.

I wanted to see what the reaction to the Smith signing was a year ago .. so went looking (Scoop's search sucks, we know.)  When I found it, I figured others may also be interested in what the initial reaction was.  I skimmed it .. the reason for bumping had zero to do with discrediting anyone.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2010, 09:02:57 AM »

Fair enough.  However, the thread I bumped pertained to "Groove" who has an entire post history of negativity toward MU basketball/Buzz Williams.  His repetitive scoffing about Buzz/MU Basketball, quite frankly, on a message board for a discussion of Marquette basketball - is largely trash most would prefer not to read.  However, if trolls are just as welcomed here as are fanboys like me - so be it - and I'll refrain in the future from calling out the haters/trolls.

"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2010, 09:04:39 AM »
Well, and that's what you get when you have 4 moderators .. We have 3 choices, depending on how much energy we have.  Lock, edit, or delete entirely.   SoCal decided to lock, and we generally get behind the decisions that get made, so I'll cosign.  Given more energy, he might have done some editing instead, to guide the thread to a more fruitful debate.

In any event .. Spiral hit it on the head.

I wanted to see what the reaction to the Smith signing was a year ago .. so went looking (Scoop's search sucks, we know.)  When I found it, I figured others may also be interested in what the initial reaction was.  I skimmed it .. the reason for bumping had zero to do with discrediting anyone.

My bad Hilltopper...

and I'll just have to say that foreverwarriors was right:

Good God...you sound like a bitter ex girlfriend...

your thread was locked...get over it...this thread has 1000x more to do with what is going on with mu bball than grooves awful predictions from when Buzz was hired.

I normally respect the majority of what you say Ners...this doesn't fall in the majority
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

feedback