'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Badger Meltdown  (Read 16431 times)

Silky

• Scholarship Player
Badger Meltdown
« on: October 18, 2009, 02:28:40 PM »
Interesting reads over on their boards.  They are in full attack mode on Buzz and MU.  This guy at the end snaps on Rosiak then while saying Schultz is fair and balanced.  I wonder if Potryukus will stick up for Rosiak on there. 

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=4907292&p=2

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Badger Meltdown
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 02:45:16 PM »
let them.  who cares what they think.  i dont even bother going to their sites.  ever.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »
let them.  who cares what they think.  i dont even bother going to their sites.  ever.

+1.  Why does anyone care on this board?  Also, as far as I know they have no reason to melt down yet.  Let them exist in their bizzare little world. 

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 03:18:47 PM »
They're depressed right about now because their football team, as always, has as much chance of winning a national title as MU's.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 03:36:11 PM »
Superbar....toilet!

Cuz that's where the Rodents belong.
SS Marquette

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 04:16:27 PM »
Interesting reads over on their boards.  They are in full attack mode on Buzz and MU.  This guy at the end snaps on Rosiak then while saying Schultz is fair and balanced.  I wonder if Potryukus will stick up for Rosiak on there. 

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=193&f=2565&t=4907292&p=2

/quote]

Outsie of wisconsin, noone give a hoot what is on their boards. Personally, i could care less about UW-madison

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 04:55:22 PM »
Bo cooled on Blue.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 05:28:38 PM »
I'm just thrilled for Marquette and for Blue and his family.  I really do not care what UW thinks, or what thye say.  THIS moment is Blue's moment, and Marquette's.  That's where my energy will go.

GO Marquette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »
Well, some folks may not care what they have to say but when they are saying things like this from Badgermaniac, well it's pretty sad...I love how he uses Sagarin from last year...anything for the little school teacher girls basketball coach.  Classic.

The saddest part to me is that it illustrates the power of negative recruiting.

"This school is going to be too hard to you...come to our school because you won't have to work."

"Our conference is the best in the  history of mankind (Big Ten was #1 last year according to Sagarin....Big East was #4...Big Ten should be even better this year)."

""You don't want to to go that school because it is too white, plays too slow of an offense, etc."

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 06:26:01 PM »
of course he knows these things were said, having been there in the room heard them.

delusional, is an adjective that comes to mind.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 06:34:56 PM »
Sour grapes also comes to mind. He's the Lord of the Tools over there.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 06:41:00 PM »
He HAS to say this stuff.   He has to accuse MU of overpromising, being easier academically, negative recruiting (something Bo never did to Crean ::))
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 06:45:48 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 06:43:37 PM »
Most are pretty classy.  Badgermaniac is an idiot.  

Why MU landed Vander by Badgermoron.  Negative recruiting.  Buzz was telling Vander that "school was going to be too hard at UW and he won't have to work at MU"  "Big East is the best in the history of mankind"  "Vander shouldnt want to go to UW because it is too white" "UW plays too slow"  

Basically MU and Buzz lie and BO can do no wrong.  What a joke.  His comments make the Vander commit all the more sweet.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 11:01:06 PM »
He HAS to say this stuff.   He has to accuse MU of overpromising, being easier academically, negative recruiting (something Bo never did to Crean ::))

Exactly.  UW negatively recruited against MU and Crean every second they could get and now Badger fans are pissing about it?  WOW.

My most favorite claim now is that Buzz is going around spitting tobacco at high schools while signs are there saying it's tobacco free environment.  Funny reading.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 07:28:37 PM »
I told myself not to check out the Badger boards, but an article I read had a link that I didn't notice was bringing me to Badgermanic until it was too late.  I could only stomach 2 pages.  The thing that struck me were the people saying how horrible Wes and Maymon are for telling Blue that MU is so much better than UW.  They were portraying it like, "how could they do this to a poor little 18 year old" (for the record I believe he said he is only 17).

So, it is a terrible thing to have a 17 year old make a decision to change his mind about a decision he made when he was 15?  So, he is better able to make a life changing decision at 15 than he is at 17?  Makes perfect sense.

The topper was one that said Wes has no class.  That one made me laugh.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 07:53:58 PM »
Bagermainieck is rite.
Skul at wissconsen is wey two tuff. I wuz their only for years adn they maid me learns alot. Vander is bettre off at market.

Sincerlee

Ron Dayne

Wareagle

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 08:38:59 PM »
Most are pretty classy.  Badgermaniac is an idiot.  

Why MU landed Vander by Badgermoron.  Negative recruiting.  Buzz was telling Vander that "school was going to be too hard at UW and he won't have to work at MU"  "Big East is the best in the history of mankind"  "Vander shouldnt want to go to UW because it is too white" "UW plays too slow"  

Basically MU and Buzz lie and BO can do no wrong.  What a joke.  His comments make the Vander commit all the more sweet.

I love how Maniac is saying that Buzz pumping up his own conference is negative recruiting.  I would be shocked if any BCS conference coach DIDN'T do this.  It's not like the Big Ten or the Big East have feelings.  As far as tempo, UW was 334th last year.  As far as whiteness, there is nothing Buzz can say that Vander couldn't see with his own two eyes.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 08:46:25 PM »
It's pretty funny.  And so much of it is repetitive.  Remember that this comes from 10% of the Badger population, but what a group it is...

-Trying to knock and program and the recruiting process.  One person claimed Bo showed integrity by keeping a scholarship open and letting Blue take some time to decide what to do, and Marquette wouldn't do the same...because we all know most coaches yank offers to top 30 recruits every day.  Another claims to know exactly what Buzz said in his conversations with Vander...we should probably check the Al for wiretaps!

-They can't fathom how a basketball player would actually choose to go to a school for basketball.  It's supposed to be a huge loss that our campus is not as big or as busy, and that there aren't any football games for the basketball player to go to.  Without a circus on campus, how is a player supposed to get arrested?

-The usual "we have/will win more games than them", conference title comparison, etc.  It's about all you can fall back on when you're threatened by a program with greater tradition, more interest and excitement, and a brighter future than your own.  If they didn't feel threatened they wouldn't talk about us more than the rest of their conference combined.

-Trying to find stats, or any shred of evidence to say that their style of play isn't boring.

ecompt

• All American
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 08:55:11 PM »
Pakuni is absolutely right. This is a school that had a functional illiterate play four years of football for them. How'd that Wonderlic test go, Ronny?

mugrack

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 10:19:39 PM »
The sour grapes are oh so sweet ;D

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 10:24:00 PM »
It went nuclear over there. DEFCON 1.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 11:10:41 PM »
It went nuclear over there. DEFCON 1.

It's ok.  They will always have halloween.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 11:38:36 PM »
Pakuni is absolutely right. This is a school that had a functional illiterate play four years of football for them. How'd that Wonderlic test go, Ronny?

And they have another one on the roster today that is now on the honor roll at UW but couldn't cut it at all academically his first two years. 

And if I read one more tempo article over there I'm going to buy one.

I'll give them tempo....how's this beauty (some of the middle aged folks here will know what I'm talking about....what a pile of crap that thing was).

TJ

• All American
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 11:47:38 PM »
I'll give them tempo....how's this beauty (some of the middle aged folks here will know what I'm talking about....what a pile of crap that thing was).

Are you saying that I'm middle aged just because I owned one of those in college?  I'm not even 30 yet! (for a few more months)

It wasn't pretty, but it worked without incident for 3 years.  That's all I needed at the time.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 11:50:51 PM »
Bagermainieck is rite.
Skul at wissconsen is wey two tuff. I wuz their only for years adn they maid me learns alot. Vander is bettre off at market.

Sincerlee

Ron Dayne

To be honest, it was great reading it.  I had many good chuckles/near laughs.

A lot of them are way too elitist when it comes to UW.  I don't think they understand that some people don't go to UW because they DON'T WANT TO rather than not getting in for academics (athletically or academically).

The bashing of Buzz at first was annoying but then I did see references to Gary Williams/Bo and how that style of recruiting had to change(I am pretty sure a grad from MU was a major contributor to that NY Times article about G Will and recruiting).

Anyway, hilarious stuff over there.  BM is an idiot as well as a few others but most of them understand that UW is going downhill and that MU is on the right track when it comes to big time recruits-with Buzz being a big part of that.

Marquette University, Spring '08

feedback