[June 17, 2024, 08:36:32 PM]

Miletic Commits by Pakuni
[June 17, 2024, 04:37:03 PM]

Lakers Going After Hurley by The Equalizer
[June 17, 2024, 12:55:56 PM]

NBA green room by muwarrior97
[June 17, 2024, 12:30:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Two Badger Basketball Players Arrested for Burglary  (Read 14436 times)

WarriorMU

• Walk-On
Two Badger Basketball Players Arrested for Burglary
« on: September 06, 2009, 05:41:39 PM »

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Two Badger Basketball Players Arrested for Burglary
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 05:46:47 PM »
Just another example of f'ing up prosperity. Never ceases to amaze me how some people just can't get out of the way of themselves.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 05:48:37 PM »
Diamond Taylor and Jeremy Glover

http://www.wkowtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11084562

Damn!  Bo Ryan is pulling out all the stops to make sure that Vander Blue gets playing time!

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 05:49:25 PM »
It's ashame when these young athletes/students make such stupid decisions that will affect them the rest of their lives. Too bad.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 05:59:27 PM »
At UW this should be good enough for a three game suspension.

Tulsa Warrior

• Team Captain
There for the grace of God @ oversight
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 06:58:31 PM »
The story needs to be posted in every college locker room in the country and the subject of a mandatory conversation among coaches and student athletes. It's the most important pre-season talk any coach can have. If you want to flush your career down the toilet -- embarrass your family and the school? This is the way to do it young man.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 07:52:09 PM »
At least they were true to their word...

when they committed to be weasels.
SS Marquette

PBRme

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009, 08:10:44 PM »
At UW this should be good enough for a three game suspension.

That's harsh how about a three practice suspension
Peace, Love, and Rye Whiskey...May your life and your glass always be full

tower912

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »
Don't gloat.   If rumors and innuendoes are to be believed, we have had two players make poor decisions in the last year.    One is gone, one was gone but has returned.    Since I put as much stock in rumors and innuendo as I do in the National Enquirer, I really don't believe it until something official comes out.   However, remember the rumors and innuendoes before you start talking smack to the rodents.  There, but for the grace of God........
Unbelievably bad decisons by these two young men.    And now, a whole program is hamstrung and could suffer long term repercussions in class and posititon balance.    Genius.   All of that aside, I want to see how the smug rodent S.O.B's twist this to blame MU.    Can't wait.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »
What caused the kids to do this, boredom?  Student-athletes should be busy, at least the b-ball players this time of year getting in shape and preparing for the season.  From the report, they confessed to breaking into the rooms and stealing over 4K worth of items, this is what they were charged with.  Also looks like they are suspects in additional thefts, which will only bring more charges.  Not an isolated incident, but more of planned acts.  Not a good sign for them. 

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »
Over the past 5-7 years, UW's BB program has had 4 players in academic trouble (MU one), one blatant substance abuse issue (MU 1), and these 2 apparent thieves (MU 1).  Just makes me laugh to see the almighty Rodent fan base critique kids who've not stepped foot on MU's campus....while their glass house is getting more fragile every day!  The shame is these kids ruining their shot at a free education for virtually nothing.  Unless Bo pulls a Calhoun (which would be awful), they are gone.

freejeremyglover

• Walk-On
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009, 10:14:15 PM »
I have personally known Jeremy for all 18 years of his life and I know he would NEVER steal from anyone and has absolutely NO need to do so! If any of you would take the time to read any of Jeremy's other accomplishments you might know that too! THE ONLY THING HE IS GUILTY OF IS TRUSTING SOMEONE HE DIDN'T KNOW and I know no one wants to believe this but he really was just IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME!!! I pray that this does not stain his academic or basketball career and I really wish people would get all the facts before passing judgment!

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
I have personally known Jeremy for all 18 years of his life and I know he would NEVER steal from anyone and has absolutely NO need to do so! If any of you would take the time to read any of Jeremy's other accomplishments you might know that too! THE ONLY THING HE IS GUILTY OF IS TRUSTING SOMEONE HE DIDN'T KNOW and I know no one wants to believe this but he really was just IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME!!! I pray that this does not stain his academic or basketball career and I really wish people would get all the facts before passing judgment!

According to the reports, he admitted to stealing the goods.  It sounds like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but if he didn't do anything why did he admit to stealing the goods?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009, 10:35:06 PM »
Don't gloat.   If rumors and innuendoes are to be believed, we have had two players make poor decisions in the last year.    One is gone, one was gone but has returned.   

I will gloat, and won't feel bad about if for a nanosecond.
Fact is ...

1. There is no confirmation - you know, like an arrest - of MU players involved in any wrongdoing. And even if the rumors are to be believed and completely accurate, those offenses fall well short of felony burglary.

2. I don't recall any time over the past 12 months reading here or anywhere else how Bo Ryan was lowering the bar at UW, recruiting and admitting people of questionable character for the sake of a few basketball wins. I do, however, recall dozens of instances in which Badger fans said the same about Buzz Williams. It would obviously be unfair to blame Bo for the boneheaded actions of a couple of his players. But I have no problem watching some pompous UW fans dine on a healthy portion of crow. In fact, I'm rather enjoying it.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009, 10:35:44 PM »
According to the reports, he admitted to stealing the goods.  It sounds like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but if he didn't do anything why did he admit to stealing the goods?

He was no doubt coerced.  I'm sure water-logging was involved.  No doubt he's really a good boy.   ::)
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

freejeremyglover

• Walk-On
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2009, 11:28:49 PM »
"According to reports" - everyone knows that not all journalists get the facts before printing their story and the legitimate reports do say "allegedly." So I don't know about this Diamond guy but JEREMY DIDN'T ADMIT TO ANYTHING! I just hope when Jeremy is cleared they all print retractions and the students/public don't hold this against him.

thatman32

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2009, 11:33:51 PM »
He was no doubt coerced.  I'm sure water-logging was involved.  No doubt he's really a good boy.   ::)

Kids his age(or anyone that doesn't comprehend or understand the criminal justice system) can be coerced since they have no idea what their rights are.  Case in point watch the show The First 48 on A&E and you will see just how stupid(maybe misinformed is a better word) these people are when speaking to the pigs/cops.  

As for the rodents if they already admitted guilt to the police without talking to a lawyer then so be it.  Good luck proving the I'N THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME' defense since that will go over real well.

It's water boarding not water logging.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2009, 11:59:06 PM »
I just hope when Jeremy is cleared they all print retractions and the students/public don't hold this against him.

too late.. it was too late as soon as he signed with wisky.. wrong place indeed.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2009, 12:06:58 AM »
ITHE ONLY THING HE IS GUILTY OF IS TRUSTING SOMEONE HE DIDN'T KNOW and I know no one wants to believe this but he really was just IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME!!!

"Hey, you f'd up! You trusted us!!"

...Bluto to Flounder, Animal House
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 12:16:51 AM by warthog-driver »

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2009, 12:21:07 AM »
Potrykus trying to save the day....check out the comments

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/57613237.html#comments

thatman32

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 12:23:49 AM »
"Hey, you f'd up! You trusted us!!"

...Bluto  (John Belushi, Animal House)

HAHA how did they know that those rooms would be open and filled with stuff he might want.  In addition, how did he know his buddy would be 'borrowing' stuff from those rooms when he entered them while he looked around the hallway as the lookout guy.  So strange a lot of coincidences.  He probably figured no one lived there in those rooms and they were 'model' rooms that they would show prospective students.  And the people that entered those rooms on a daily basis were actors that are in the acting school at UW-Madison and it was a school assignment.  I'm sure they would return everything that they borrowed once they depreciated the S@it out of it.  

Your probably guilty by association if you hang around with goons and get caught by the police.

Hoover: They confiscated everything, even the stuff we didn't steal!

Big Daddy Z

• Starter
Trouble Bucky
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2009, 07:53:12 AM »
now there's a pair I want on my team...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badgers/57617397.html

schubert33

• Starter
Re: Trouble Bucky
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2009, 08:58:28 AM »
Already posted..

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2009, 11:09:48 AM »
"edit"

really. Is that necessary? Show more class.

Can someone shed light on the UW Police? Is it actually a branch of the Madison city police force or something like campus safety?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 11:32:00 AM by SoCalwarrior »
SS Marquette

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2009, 12:12:15 PM »
really. Is that necessary? Show more class.

Can someone shed light on the UW Police? Is it actually a branch of the Madison city police force or something like campus safety?

They are regular police with no official affiliation to the Madison police.  They have the ability to enforce state laws and Regents policy within the boundaries of the UW Campus.  They are armed.

That being said, I am sure they unofficially work with the Madison police all of the time.