[June 18, 2024, 09:06:03 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by Herman Cain
[June 18, 2024, 06:55:14 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 18, 2024, 05:53:38 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Uncle Rico
[June 18, 2024, 02:52:17 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Two Badger Basketball Players Arrested for Burglary  (Read 14442 times)

ecompt

• All American
Re: Two Badger Basketball Players Arrested for Burglary
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 12:38:36 PM »
Watch: They won't miss more than one game. UW has that stupid student disciplinary council, which will rule that they shoudn't miss any time until actually found guilty. A friendly Madison DA will throw out the burglary charges if they'll plead guilty to underage drinking; they'll get probation and Bo will throw the book at them, forcing them to miss the UWM game.

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 12:45:38 PM »

It's water boarding not water logging.

......I should have used the teal....
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

MarquetteDano

• All American
Re: Trouble Bucky
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2009, 03:08:30 PM »
now there's a pair I want on my team...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/badgers/57617397.html

I don't know if anyone on this board is guilty of it... why are MU fans posting on the JS site to the UW article above?  Leave it be.  It simply reflects poorly on Marquette that people post on another team's article comment board after an arrest of their players.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:16:38 PM by MarquetteDano »

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2009, 06:23:40 PM »
Image from WKOW

http://www.wkowtv.com/global/story.asp?s=11084562

UPDATE: UW basketball players arrested for burglary
Posted: Sep 06, 2009 2:46 PM PDT

MADISON (WKOW)

Barry Alvarez announced Sunday two freshmen on the UW men's basketball team have been suspended for violating team policy.

According to UW Police, Diamond Taylor and Jeremy Glover, both 18, were arrested outside Sellery Hall Sunday morning.  The report says the two men admitted to stealing items from unlocked student rooms.

The UW Athletic Department says Taylor and Glover are suspended from competition and practice pending further information.

On Sunday evening, both men were listed in custody at the Dane County Jail.

--------------------------------------

That sucks for them since today's a holiday and they have to stay in jail a bit longer.

How long does anyone think this will play out/drag on?
They probably won't see action in the UW-MU game, right?

And what effects will this have on the Buckingham U. Badger team?
SS Marquette

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2009, 06:37:10 PM »

How long does anyone think this will play out/drag on?
They probably won't see action in the UW-MU game, right?

And what effects will this have on the Buckingham U. Badger team?

Neither was likely to contribute this year.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 09:29:46 PM »
Neither was likely to contribute this year.

While this very well may be true I always find comments like this silly.

There is nothing to hint either way whether a prospect will contribute except for preconceived notions based up recruiting ranking.

crap, Jimmy Butler was a very good JUCO who was only recruited hard by a moribund Mississippi State program and MU. Even with his gaudy numbers, most expected him to be nothing more then a situational role player for our highly ranked 08-09 team. As we know, it didn't happen that way.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 09:38:42 PM »
Butler was recruited hard by Iowa State, even went on a visit there and they thought they had him.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 09:39:19 PM »

There is nothing to hint either way whether a prospect will contribute except for preconceived notions based up recruiting ranking.

crap, Jimmy Butler was a very good JUCO who was only recruited hard by a moribund Mississippi State program and MU. Even with his gaudy numbers, most expected him to be nothing more then a situational role player for our highly ranked 08-09 team. As we know, it didn't happen that way.

Completely different situations, and it has nothing to do with rankings. It has been acknowledged since Taylor signed at UW, that he would need to get stronger and develop his game, before he contributed.

UW has Hughes, Bohannon, Jordan Taylor, Jarmusz and Wilson occupying the guard spots...there aren't many minutes left over.

So no, it isn't a "silly" statement, to say that he isn't (wasn't) likely to contribute this year.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 10:01:36 PM »

Mississippi State basketball has made the NCAA tournament in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009...they have as many Final Fours in the last 12 years as we do.

I totally get your point, no one knows how good these kids will be but MSU probably isn't the analogy to use.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 10:45:18 PM »
... these people are when speaking to the pigs/cops.  

seriously? Grow up.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 07:41:03 AM »
Completely different situations, and it has nothing to do with rankings. It has been acknowledged since Taylor signed at UW, that he would need to get stronger and develop his game, before he contributed.

UW has Hughes, Bohannon, Jordan Taylor, Jarmusz and Wilson occupying the guard spots...there aren't many minutes left over.

So no, it isn't a "silly" statement, to say that he isn't (wasn't) likely to contribute this year.

Acknowledged by whom? What if he does need to get stronger but shows in practice that he can handle those guards you listed? Let's be serious, it's not exactly a murders' row of talent. Never know when a newcomer "gets it" straight away and jumps ahead of the line. We've seen it go both ways in our program the last few years. It's been "acknowledged" that Dwight Buycks will be our starting 2 guard and shoulder the scoring load but that doesn't guarantee any production from his game. He could turn out to be 6-minute super sub off the bench. Who knows?

I know you feel you have the right answer here, and sorry if you take offense, but I still feel thinking on these lines is silly. Even though you think I'm nuts it's just my opinion.

And I mis-wrote on moribund Miss State. They do have the results, better then MU. I should have written morally moribund.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 08:43:06 AM »
Acknowledged by whom? What if he does need to get stronger but shows in practice that he can handle those guards you listed? Let's be serious, it's not exactly a murders' row of talent.

That's a better backcourt than MU will likely have this year.  You have two seniors, including pretty much a knock-down shooter, a sophomore who played *very* well last year in Jordan Taylor.  Wilson was OK when he played.  Jarmusz will likely never be more than a role player, but I think it is safe to say that these two were likely not going to be significant contributors.

feedback