collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bloody Mary Beer Chaser  (Read 5085 times)

jaybilaswho?

• All American
Bloody Mary Beer Chaser
« on: August 18, 2009, 03:54:37 PM »
Well, I was just over on OnMilwaukee.com and they did an article about where the beer chaser for your bloody mary originated (http://onmilwaukee.com/bars/articles/askomcbloodymarys.html). looks like no one really knows. I dont really care where it started, but this article sparked my curiosity as to how far this custom spans the U.S.A. Which brings me here to the message board. I know there a lot of people that had spent the best couple of years of their lives here in MKE and that have since relocated. My questions is this, in your relocation did the beer chaser or the elaborate Bloody Mary garnishes follow? If you go to your local bar and ask for a Bloody, what does it come with?
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
Re: Bloody Mary Beer Chaser
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »
Minnesota = beer chaser

wyoMUfan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 04:58:11 PM »
Wyoming, no beer chaser and maybe a pickle if you are lucky.
However a popular morning alternative is the "red beer" its like a 20oz glass with a 12 oz brew and the rest bloody mary mix, no vodka so i'll pass.

I like full chaser and garnish to the walls, (like sobelmanns or the grove)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 09:23:35 PM »
pickles are good, but cheese curds and little sausages make an excellent garnish.

I like miller lite as a chaser, but only in a bar if they offer.  otherwise, make mine extra spicy.

I also really like Trinity's pull of Guinness in their bloodies.  adds a good flavor.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 12:08:15 PM »
yes. putting some Guinness in it is great. Also, if you put a little bit of mustard in... very good.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire