[June 13, 2024, 03:51:50 PM]

Shaka on Thanasis' podcast by Elonsmusk
[June 13, 2024, 03:35:19 PM]

Tyler Kolek Pre-Draft Video by We R Final Four
[June 13, 2024, 01:46:19 PM]

2025 Recruiting by Uncle Rico
[June 13, 2024, 12:35:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where was Acker?  (Read 7200 times)

NotAnAlum

• All American
Where was Acker?
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:34:37 PM »
Just returned from Buzz's BBQ.  Conspicuous by his absence was Acker.  All other returning players were there accept Hayward.(World Games)  Rings for last years NCAA trip were given to just about everyone but the team dog.  Even Hayward's Dad was there to accept his.  But no Acker.  After the speculation a few weeks ago about Acker's potential troubles I can't imagine this was a good sign.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Where was Acker?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:46:45 PM »
Or he's with his lifelong buddy McNeal the day before the NBA draft?

detroitwarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 09:53:17 PM »
Rosiak has done features on all returning players except Acker in the last few weeks.........
Once a warrior always a warrior.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:54:48 PM »
I'm sure he was in Bloomington working Crean's camp.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 10:06:13 PM »
I talked to a former player this week and he said Acker has been "gone" for awhile, as if it was common knowledge and almost old news. He cited multiple reasons for him leaving.  Surprised this hasn't officially broke.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:37:58 PM »
So Acker's gone.   

Bank it for '10.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »
Rosiak has done features on all returning players except Acker in the last few weeks.........

Key word there would seem to be returning. Where there's smoke there's fire.  ;)

mufansince72

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 11:40:04 PM »
I talked to a former player this week and he said Acker has been "gone" for awhile, as if it was common knowledge and almost old news. He cited multiple reasons for him leaving.  Surprised this hasn't officially broke.

What were some of the multiple reasons for leaving cited by this former player?

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 11:44:41 PM »

Rumor has it he wanted to change his number to 420 but MU wouldn't let him.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 12:53:25 AM »
Rumor has it he wanted to change his number to 420 but MU wouldn't let him.

C'mon now...

Doesn't surprise me due to McNeal leaving and Cadougan and Buycks coming in.

Couldn't he have enough credits to graduate?
SS Marquette

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 03:55:53 AM »
C'mon now...

Doesn't surprise me due to McNeal leaving and Cadougan and Buycks coming in.

Couldn't he have enough credits to graduate?

I'm willing to bet he graduates in August, and an announcement is made that "he wont be rejoining the team in 2009-10." They arent going to screw with their APR or Graduation Rate, when he's presumably so close to graduating.

Freeport Warrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 08:24:49 AM »

He said schoolwork, general attitude and testing.  He also said Buzz would let him finish out his degree if he wanted to, but wasn't sure he would.

Really doesn't surprise me with the attitude thing.  Last year, my son was at the MU camp and I asked two guys to get there picture with him. First was McNeal.  Real nice, knew my son's name, smiled and seemed like a genuine person who was interested in the kids.  Second was Acker. Acted like I was asking him to run a marathon, barely smiled and made the whole thing uncomfortable. I chalked it up to him having a bad day, but maybe he was a jag all along.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 08:39:42 AM »
He said schoolwork, general attitude and testing.  He also said Buzz would let him finish out his degree if he wanted to, but wasn't sure he would.

I thought he was close to getting his degree...in fact I thought he would have had to enroll in graduate school to play this year.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 08:51:08 AM »
Happy Birthday, Mo Acker, btw.

And no, last I heard, Mo was over a semester away from graduating.  No grad school.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 09:04:15 AM »
So Acker's gone.   

Bank it for '10.

This really doenst have a bearing on recruiting. The only option for the scholarship would be to give it to Frozena for the year.

gjreda

• Team Captain
  • I miss Real Chili.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 09:14:48 AM »

This really doenst have a bearing on recruiting. The only option for the scholarship would be to give it to Frozena for the year.

If I can recall correctly, I believe Frozena is on a pretty sizable academic scholarship.

bma725

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 09:31:49 AM »

Not exactly true.  Since decommitting from USC, Derrick Williams has mentioned MU again and he's a 2009 recruit.  Plus there's always Lance Stephenson.

Warhawk Warrior

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 09:34:17 AM »
I talked to one of the coaches last night and he confirmed that Acker was gone but still taking some summer classes.  He might try Europe.  He didn't say why and I didn't ask.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 09:35:06 AM »
so bma, you have the inside scoop. is acker returning and if not who are we on?  and if he is not returning, why no announcement?

bma725

• All American
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 09:38:27 AM »
so bma, you have the inside scoop. is acker returning and if not who are we on?  and if he is not returning, why no announcement?

Didn't claim to have the inside scoop, only that a former target who has recently become available again is mentioning MU. 

Announcements are usually delayed until academics are in order.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 09:52:19 AM »
I saw a guy walking around with Fulce.  He was wearing a dark blue shirt and the powder blue hat other players were wearing.  He was bigger than Fulce.  Is Erik Williams that big or was that a recruit?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 09:57:16 AM »
Not exactly true.  Since decommitting from USC, Derrick Williams has mentioned MU again and he's a 2009 recruit.  Plus there's always Lance Stephenson.

I believe Williams is looking at Memphis and Arizona and Stephenson is looking at jail.

Acker's scholarship would be given away as a part of the 2010 class. It is just opened earlier than expected.

PE8983

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 10:02:30 AM »
Maybe there was some truth to those rumors a little ways back.  Still in school, but not at the BBQ...?  Says alot about those rumors.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 10:12:41 AM »
acker was there.  He was just stuck in the inflatable obstacle course all night.  couldn't get over the bale of hay.

kmwtrucks

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 10:25:23 AM »
I'm generally I'm agaisnt taking 1 and done player's.  But if Stephenson gets his legal trouble cleared up and can get by the clearing house would you take him for 1 year.  I would rather take a 1 and done player in the 2009 class because I want the ship for 2010, so Derrick Williams would not really excite me since he is basically the same player's as JM and EW.  Stephenson is more of a 2-3 and is a bigger guard which we do not really have.   The downsides are Team chemistry, the possibility he will not fulfill both semester's acdemically, and the general feeling that you may be becoming Memphis and the old Cincy with taking player's that have had legal trouble in the past? If you read articles on him he does seem to play hard, play D and rebound?  I would say if a SHIP is avaliable and all the above came true I would be 35%-65%. the 35% yes would be on the assumption that Buzz sat down with him and told him he has to finish the 1st and 2nd semester in good standing, Buzz gets a really good grasp of how the legal trouble arouse (and feels comfortable with it) and he gurantee's nothing other than who ever gives us the best chance to win plays.  If Stephenson plays in college next year my guess is we will not know where until mid AUG. I'm not saying that BUZZ has or will look at him BTW, he has never ever mentioned us.  I was Curious what other's think?

feedback