Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2010 - Moses Morgan - Crean vs. MU vs. Michigan  (Read 9049 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: 2010 - Moses Morgan - Crean vs. MU vs. Michigan
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 02:16:49 PM »
His father is going to play a big part in the decision.  The kid is going to going to IU.  No reason to waste any more time on him.

Yep, just like Jeramiah Rivers did.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 02:33:07 PM »
Yep, just like Jeramiah Rivers did.

And...ummmm...Wes Matthews.

butchbadger

• Starter
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 02:50:58 PM »
It depends on the kid, doesn't it?  Look at my own backyard here.  UCLA runs a slow, defensive system that Howland has incorporated.  USC runs a wide open, free flowing offensive system that is "more fun to watch and play in".  That doesn't mean UCLA is losing recruits to USC.  It depends on the kid, what he's looking for, etc.  As I said, all schools / staffs have pluses or minuses that can be applied.

SHHHHHHHHH....Now you went and ruined it for 90% of MU message board fans who think that playing fast and furious is the only reason a kid would choose a school.  The campus, coach, conference, locale,  winning, and academics might have soemthing to do with it, but I have been told the opposite too many times. 

EDIT:  I am not sure about this at all...but I thought ex players/alumni were not allowed to be used in recruiting. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:58:45 PM by butchbadger »

mviale

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 03:00:36 PM »
As someone who sees Chico's Facebook stuff, I can verify that when he posted his favorite sports teams in the last month or so it was 1) Marquette Warriors; 2) California Angels; 3) Dallas Cowboys; 4) Anaheim Ducks; and 5) Bad News Bears.  Indiana was not on his list.  But he probably just did that to throw us off.

Bad News Bears = code for crean and his assistants.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 03:14:20 PM »
It depends on the kid, doesn't it?  Look at my own backyard here.  UCLA runs a slow, defensive system that Howland has incorporated.  USC runs a wide open, free flowing offensive system that is "more fun to watch and play in".  That doesn't mean UCLA is losing recruits to USC.  It depends on the kid, what he's looking for, etc.  As I said, all schools / staffs have pluses or minuses that can be applied.

EDIT:  I am not sure about this at all...but I thought ex players/alumni were not allowed to be used in recruiting. 

Directly, that is correct.  You can't just have them pick up the phone and call a recruit.  But there are other ways to do it which are legal and paint the former athlete in a way that he/she is endorsing the coach.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 03:39:35 PM »
"I have been talking to Coach (Bennie) Seltzer and also talking a lot to Coach Crean," said Morgan. "I like the way Coach Crean coaches. He gets the best out of all of his players."[/qoute]

Of those who stay and choose not to transfer.

Oh wait, that list is 10+ players long!
SS Marquette

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 04:48:18 PM »
Understand Chicos is an Indiana fan and a tom Crean fan far over a Marquete fan so when some one says something like that he will retort with a comment like that.  he is welcome to his opinion just remeber where he is coming from and the comment will not appear so "strange".  Sure starnge for a Marquete board but not starnge coming from chicos a an Indiana and Crean fan before Mu fan
Hayward, I think you are wrong.  I think he is suffering from a simple case of "Creanis Envy."   ;)

You see his case of enfatuation with the Tan one is still so deep and so strong that he loses objectivity.  Navins point was, I believe that we should have Wes explain to the recruit why and how Buzz was able to get more out of the 2 guards this year than in previous years, especially since Crean is supposed to be a great guards coach.  This has nothing to do with whether or not a former player played in the NBA or not.  Chicos point about NBA players helping in recruiting was a complete non sequitur.  It was a simply a knee jerk reaction to a perceived slight to his boyfriend. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
Hayward, I think you are wrong.  I think he is suffering from a simple case of "Creanis Envy."   ;)

You see his case of enfatuation with the Tan one is still so deep and so strong that he loses objectivity.  Navins point was, I believe that we should have Wes explain to the recruit why and how Buzz was able to get more out of the 2 guards this year than in previous years, especially since Crean is supposed to be a great guards coach.  This has nothing to do with whether or not a former player played in the NBA or not.  Chicos point about NBA players helping in recruiting was a complete non sequitur.  It was a simply a knee jerk reaction to a perceived slight to his boyfriend. 

Enfatuation?  You'll have to explain what that is.

And I took Navins comments differently.  That Crean's offense held him (Wes) back from the NBA.  Thus, Morgan shouldn't consider IU because he's a similar size and skill set as Wes and will not have a chance for the NBA.  Thus my response, which most certainly wasn't a non sequitur, based on my interpretation of Navins comments and that Crean has put plenty of players in the NBA.  If I interpreted them (his comments) wrong, oh well....but that's where I was coming from.

ondo10

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 07:07:39 PM »
That was my thought as well, unless the kid doesn't want to follow in dad's footsteps. 

And if the kid doesn't want to follow in his dad's footsteps, wouldn't that be something he has in common with Wes Mathews?  That is what I thought the original post was referring to. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 07:10:22 PM »
And if the kid doesn't want to follow in his dad's footsteps, wouldn't that be something he has in common with Wes Mathews?  That is what I thought the original post was referring to. 

Yup, but since he's talking so much about IU specifically in the article, it suggests to me that following in his dad's footsteps isn't a major hindrance, at least for now.  Things change of course.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:50:46 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 07:29:17 PM »
I think the simple fact that chicos has to defend almost every stament he makes to the entire board is an indication as to how stupid his comments are.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 07:39:30 PM »

Interesting. The young man said he was not interested in IU until Crean came in. I though Crean could not recruit and IU was not going to be competitive with him???????

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 08:37:09 PM »
Yup, but since he's talking so much about IU specifically in the article, it suggests to me that following in his dad's footsteps isn't a major hindrance, at least for now.  Things change of course.

I think part of it has to do with that it was written by a guy that writes for an Indiana site. At least that's what I'm hoping for because he sounds like he would be a good get.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »
You know what? Forget the former players. Just give me, Rican, Hay, Lenny, or Lens 20 minutes with the kid and he'll be a Warrior for life.

From this day forward you will be known as a: A) Hoosier B) Wolverine or C) WARRIOR. Anyone who can't make that choice we don't want.

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 09:06:19 PM »
Chico...wow, your whole shtick gets really old.

Must you, in every single post, praise Crean? I loved the guy when he was here, as I'll always support the coach of my favorite team. He left. Marquette wasn't good enough for him. Buzz is the coach now. Seems like your posts about him have a vibe of "he won with Crean's kids" and "we'll see how he does in the future".

If you wanna get on your knees and slurp Crean, I don't understand why you don't go on the IU boards and join in with the Hoosier fans?

JMcSteal

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2009, 09:35:41 PM »
Amen MUBasketball

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2009, 12:18:23 AM »
ahh not only did he get camper of the year...which may have been fine but what hit the entire AL and the parents of probably 500 kids was that he continued to win every single award announced...the jaw dropping the whispering and the everything apart from outright booing was as surreal a situation as I have ever been in in my life. 

Incredible insight. Deane may have bit women on the ass while intoxicated but Crean chapped everyone's ass while stone cold sober. Somehow I respect Deane's behavior more

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 12:25:27 AM »

Must you, in every single post, praise Crean? I loved the guy when he was here, as I'll always support the coach of my favorite team. He left. Marquette wasn't good enough for him. Buzz is the coach now. Seems like your posts about him have a vibe of "he won with Crean's kids" and "we'll see how he does in the future".

If you wanna get on your knees and slurp Crean, I don't understand why you don't go on the IU boards and join in with the Hoosier fans?

Get on my knees and slurp Crean....yes, very mature.  And I'm the one with the shtick [sic]

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2009, 12:32:33 AM »
Get on my knees and slurp Crean....yes, very mature.  And I'm the one with the shtick [sic]

I thought it was witty.  ;D

Regardless, I see you don't have an answer. Buzz is the coach, he brought in a hell of a class (I'm sure you are not impressed since he had so much playing time to offer...never a compliment, right?), why not support him and move on (as your BFF Crean did)?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2009, 12:47:18 AM »
I thought it was witty.  ;D

Regardless, I see you don't have an answer. Buzz is the coach, he brought in a hell of a class (I'm sure you are not impressed since he had so much playing time to offer...never a compliment, right?), why not support him and move on (as your BFF Crean did)?

I didn't think it was appropriate to answer some a ridiculous post.   Why don't you educate yourself, seriously, and read through my posts.  There are hundreds where I compliment Buzz, so to say "never a compliment" is complete crap.  In fact, I don't know how many times I have to say " I HOPE HE DOES EXTREMELY WELL IS HERE FOR TWO DECADES AND WINS LIKE CRAZY" 

Sigh.   I am supporting him, I still don't like how quickly he got the job but I am supporting him.  What I don't do is get on my knees to "slurp" like some do. He's got to ultimately prove it to me, but so far so good and I hope like hell he succeeds.

Good night

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2009, 02:22:39 AM »
Enfatuation?  You'll have to explain what that is.

And I took Navins comments differently.  That Crean's offense held him (Wes) back from the NBA.  Thus, Morgan shouldn't consider IU because he's a similar size and skill set as Wes and will not have a chance for the NBA.  Thus my response, which most certainly wasn't a non sequitur, based on my interpretation of Navins comments and that Crean has put plenty of players in the NBA.  If I interpreted them (his comments) wrong, oh well....but that's where I was coming from.

Infatuation, oops...my Marquette ejucation didn't help me much with spelling   :P

I guess Navins comments were significantly ambiguous to you. Remember Wes is not in the NBA yet.  He showed a huge improvement between Junior and Senior year and was easily the most improved player in the Big East even though he didn't get the award.  It is true that most likely he would not even be considered a potential NBA pick had the old coach stuck around. 

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2009, 06:10:26 AM »
(I'm sure I'll get ripped for this, but oh well.)

I've disagreed with Chico's in the past, but I do have to say that he is not the one who starts the Crean fights that many of you dislike so much.

He doesn't start the threads, and doesn't even direct them towards pro-Crean vs anti-Crean... He's just most likely to respond, so now he'd getting blasted.

Hell, the TITLE of the thread has Crean in it, and now Chico's is getting blasted for bringing him up? C'mon guys.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2009, 09:37:52 AM »

+1000000000
and I think most people feel this same way. 

feedback