[Today at 01:00:36 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by onepost
[Today at 12:53:48 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by MU82
[Today at 12:50:47 PM]

Shaka 2024-2025 by wadesworld
[Today at 09:00:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 647666 times)

madtownwarrior

• All American
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1250 on: November 27, 2013, 08:50:46 PM »
Still mesmerized by Three Floyd's Dreadnaught every time I drink it - had one to get over the first half of the ASU game. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1251 on: November 28, 2013, 01:19:59 PM »
I'm doing some shopping on Black Friday...

BCBS, and hopefully I land some Rye, BW, and coffee from the drawing I am in.  ;D

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #1252 on: November 28, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »
In Wi for Thanksgiving, so get to bring home some New Glarus products.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #1253 on: November 29, 2013, 10:52:59 AM »
I grabbed some of the Lakefront Black Friday Ale this morning. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #1254 on: November 29, 2013, 07:49:09 PM »
Had a great day beer hunting today in Chicago picking up a few of all of the Goose Island Black Friday releases. Some regular, coffee, barleywine, backyard rye and coconut. Now time to watch hoops on TV.
But I like to throw handfuls...

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #1255 on: November 29, 2013, 09:03:30 PM »
Uncle Mikes in Kenosha on Highway 50 does a Black Friday brewfest. 

Listed beers (last year they snuck in some extras, which were fantastic):

Founders KBS, Founders Imperial Stout, Bell's Black Note, Goose Island Big John, Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee, and Goose Island Night Stalker 2009 and 2010

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #1256 on: November 29, 2013, 09:28:08 PM »
Anybody try Bernies Tap Room in downtown Waukesha?  Nice place, great beer selection on tap.   Founders Oatmeal Stout, Three Floyd's Alpha King, Ale Asylum Action Jackson among many other good stouts and IPA's.  highly recommended... 

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #1257 on: December 05, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
Enjoying my first Three Floyd's Arctic Panzer Wolf imperial India Pale Ale. Damn.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #1258 on: December 05, 2013, 07:24:56 PM »
Enjoying my first Three Floyd's Arctic Panzer Wolf imperial India Pale Ale. Damn.

Hell of a name

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1259 on: December 05, 2013, 08:12:16 PM »

I actually have one of those in my fridge, maybe I'll open it for Wisconsin.

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #1260 on: December 05, 2013, 08:49:32 PM »
Good call. And I am reminded, again, as this thread demonstrates, that we are so lucky to be living in the golden age if brewing.  Before going to the bull/heat game (I can't tell you how unexcited I am for this game), I wound up at two establishments with phenomenal beer and pub food (Lone Wolf and Haymarket Pub & Brewery, across the street from each other with another dozen places with similar selections within walking distance).  I love me some Rhinelander returnable bottles back in the day, but only b/c I was ignorant if te possibilities.  

LloydMooresLegs

« Reply #1261 on: December 05, 2013, 09:52:30 PM »
Well, based on the first half, I couldn't have been more wrong. Miami is currently a one an team.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1262 on: December 06, 2013, 08:49:13 AM »
Been awhile since I did a recent beer post.

Threw a 1/2 bbl of Half Acre Daisy Cutter and a 1/4 bbl of Spotted Cow in the kegerator two weeks ago. If you've never had Daisy Cutter, highly recommended when in Chicagoland.

Other tastings:

Green Bullt Triple IPA by Green Flash Brewing. - Had at Uncle Mike's. Lots of fragrance, sweet malt and tart hops, decent carbonation, lots of grapefruit. It's a solid IPA, not a favorite.

Bitter Woman IPA by Tyranena - Also at Uncle Mike's. Coworker said he tried it and wasn't good. I've always heard good things, so tried it. It's not that good.

Pull Chain Pale Ale by MKE Brewing - One of the worst pale's I've ever tried. Just bland and thin.

Serendipity by New Glarus -Not usually my style, but it is very good. All three fruits can be tasted nicely. Little too much carbonation, but goes with the style.

Ninja v. Unicorn by Pipeworks - Outstanding and now one of my favorite IPAs. Great mix of floral and citrus and not a mouth killer.

ESB by Redhook - Meh. It's an alright ESB that's true to the style. Pretty boring.

Celebration Ale by Sierra Nevada - Great seasonal that's perfect for winter.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #1263 on: December 06, 2013, 10:22:05 AM »
Discovered a pretty good beer video podcast on iTunes..."The Beer Temple"

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1264 on: December 06, 2013, 11:37:17 AM »
From Dogfish Head's website:

We’re happy to share that beer is on the way to our first few wholesalers in the state of Wisconsin! Yesterday, Sam waved goodbye to the first truck to head to the state in more than two years. The truck was stocked with 90 Minute IPA, Indian Brown Ale, Midas Touch, Palo Santo Marron, Burton Baton, Tweason’ale, 75 Minute IPA, Namaste, Hellhound On My Ale, Sah’Tea, Theobroma and Kvasir.
The first wholesalers to be appointed in Wisconsin are Frank Beer in Madison, La Crosse Beverage of La Crosse, Kay Distributing in De Pere/Green Bay and Lee Beverage in Oshkosh and Eau Claire. Additional Wisconsin wholesalers are expected to be finalized in the coming weeks.
In addition to shipping the beer, some of our folks will be shipping out next week for launch events. We’ll be pouring our off-centered ales and sharing our beer-infused brats at events in Lacrosse, De Pere, Madison, Oshkosh and hopefully at least one more happening spot. For details on all our Wisconsin launch events as they are added, keep an eye on the Events page of our website.
- See more at: http://www.dogfish.com/community/blogfish/members/anonymous/wisconsin-and-rhode-island-wholesalers-announced.htm#sthash.ZR3MxorS.dpuf

Chili

• All American
« Reply #1265 on: December 06, 2013, 11:49:16 AM »
Discovered a pretty good beer video podcast on iTunes..."The Beer Temple"

Also owns a solid bottle shop in Chicago. Great guy. Samples great beer all the time in his store.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1266 on: December 06, 2013, 01:31:56 PM »
From Dogfish Head's website:

We’re happy to share that beer is on the way to our first few wholesalers in the state of Wisconsin! Yesterday, Sam waved goodbye to the first truck to head to the state in more than two years. The truck was stocked with 90 Minute IPA, Indian Brown Ale, Midas Touch, Palo Santo Marron, Burton Baton, Tweason’ale, 75 Minute IPA, Namaste, Hellhound On My Ale, Sah’Tea, Theobroma and Kvasir.
The first wholesalers to be appointed in Wisconsin are Frank Beer in Madison, La Crosse Beverage of La Crosse, Kay Distributing in De Pere/Green Bay and Lee Beverage in Oshkosh and Eau Claire. Additional Wisconsin wholesalers are expected to be finalized in the coming weeks.
In addition to shipping the beer, some of our folks will be shipping out next week for launch events. We’ll be pouring our off-centered ales and sharing our beer-infused brats at events in Lacrosse, De Pere, Madison, Oshkosh and hopefully at least one more happening spot. For details on all our Wisconsin launch events as they are added, keep an eye on the Events page of our website.
- See more at: http://www.dogfish.com/community/blogfish/members/anonymous/wisconsin-and-rhode-island-wholesalers-announced.htm#sthash.ZR3MxorS.dpuf

I knew I knew!!! Forgot to post yesterday when I found out from the local liquor store!

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #1267 on: December 06, 2013, 03:46:56 PM »
Also owns a solid bottle shop in Chicago. Great guy. Samples great beer all the time in his store.

I live in Chicago... what's the shop?

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Its The Beer Temple. Duh. Looks cool, I'll have to check it out.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:49:02 PM by Bleuteaux »

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #1268 on: December 06, 2013, 04:58:06 PM »

I liked the podcast in early days from his apartment. He's a little scatter-brained now trying to do it in the shop which is understandable getting a business up and running. Also, I liked when his wife was on to temper his tangents into annoyance which are few but still present.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1269 on: December 09, 2013, 05:21:35 AM »
New Holland Dragon's Milk.   Similar to Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stout.   Thick, aged in bourbon barrels, hint of vanilla.  10% alcohol.   I opened it and my wife said she could smell the bourbon.  A good way to wash away the Wiscy game on Saturday night. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1270 on: December 09, 2013, 09:14:28 AM »
New Holland Dragon's Milk.   Similar to Founder's Kentucky Breakfast Stout.   Thick, aged in bourbon barrels, hint of vanilla.  10% alcohol.   I opened it and my wife said she could smell the bourbon.  A good way to wash away the Wiscy game on Saturday night. 

I really like it and it is available year round... a tad pricey though.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1271 on: December 09, 2013, 11:37:52 AM »
I liked it, too.   I just don't think I could make a habit of it. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1272 on: December 10, 2013, 09:10:55 AM »
Well, my latest homebrew came out as a 'banana' porter...  cheap yeast probably.

Chili

• All American
« Reply #1273 on: December 10, 2013, 09:30:53 AM »
Well, my latest homebrew came out as a 'banana' porter...  cheap yeast probably.

Weissen yeast? That has a banana character.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #1274 on: December 10, 2013, 09:36:01 AM »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 10:46:07 AM by Bleuteaux »

feedback