[Today at 11:31:08 AM]

NM by Galway Eagle
[Today at 11:07:57 AM]

Extra year of eligibility for winter athletes? by bilsu
[Today at 09:38:24 AM]

Season Starts Nov 25 by brewcity77
[Today at 06:16:02 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 477715 times)

MUfan12

• All American
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1925 on: April 19, 2020, 10:19:04 AM »
If you're in MKE and looking for a nice sour... I picked up a 4 pack of Fruit Salad Berliner from Vennture yesterday. Really well done... Nice tartness, not too sweet, and really soft on the palate.

Alphabetical Order from Company Brewing is another nice one. Pink Guava gose. I've been trying to support the breweries who aren't doing much in distro, since their taproom business is such a huge part of what they do.

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #1926 on: April 19, 2020, 05:28:00 PM »
Phantom Bride IPA by Belching Beaver Brewery is my favorite IPA these days.  It's a good beer in my opinion and I like the Brewery name too :)

Quaffed that qui...oh never mind.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1927 on: April 19, 2020, 07:54:24 PM »
I had a growler of Mikkeller beer geek breakfast — pretty great. 

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1928 on: April 29, 2020, 09:02:23 PM »
Opened the Untitled Art/Angry Chair BA Maple Vanilla Chocolate Stout tonight. Thought I'd give it a few months to mellow. Narrator: It did not mellow.

Big flavors everywhere with this thing. Not as much barrel as I thought. I've had a few of UA's pastry stouts, and I'm beginning to think they're just not my thing. Too sweet for me.

Hards_Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1929 on: April 30, 2020, 11:05:36 AM »
Great Taste of the Midwest cancelled.

Jimmy B is the Man

• Walk-On
« Reply #1930 on: April 30, 2020, 12:31:32 PM »
Opened the Untitled Art/Angry Chair BA Maple Vanilla Chocolate Stout tonight. Thought I'd give it a few months to mellow. Narrator: It did not mellow.

Big flavors everywhere with this thing. Not as much barrel as I thought. I've had a few of UA's pastry stouts, and I'm beginning to think they're just not my thing. Too sweet for me.

Everything i've had from untitled art has been terrible. Overly sweet, artificial, underfermented mess. Don't understand the hype they receive at all.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1931 on: April 30, 2020, 01:22:32 PM »
Everything i've had from untitled art has been terrible. Overly sweet, artificial, underfermented mess. Don't understand the hype they receive at all.

I've had some good ones from them, but they can be hit and miss. Overly sweet is where they tend to miss with me.

Hards_Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1932 on: April 30, 2020, 01:29:02 PM »

Generally, I agree.  I think it's harder to swallow than their price point!

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #1933 on: April 30, 2020, 02:08:22 PM »
Great Taste of the Midwest cancelled.

Knew it was going to happen, but this is a kick in the nuts.
But I like to throw handfuls...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1934 on: April 30, 2020, 07:02:31 PM »
One of the most popular breweries here, Legion, never used to can or bottle their beers, I guess because they never felt they needed to. But with their taprooms closed, they are canning now, and I just picked up a couple 4-packs of delicious Juicy Jay IPA.

I like supporting one of my favorite breweries, and I certainly like this delicious NE IPA.
“They are dying. That’s true. It is what it is.”

"It affects virtually nobody.”

“I’ll be right eventually.”

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #1935 on: April 30, 2020, 07:55:01 PM »
One of the most popular breweries here, Legion, never used to can or bottle their beers, I guess because they never felt they needed to. But with their taprooms closed, they are canning now, and I just picked up a couple 4-packs of delicious Juicy Jay IPA.

I like supporting one of my favorite breweries, and I certainly like this delicious NE IPA.

keep that cold and drink within a few days if they just picked up a canning line.

enjoy.
But I like to throw handfuls...