Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: THANKS FOR THE GREAT YEAR!!!  (Read 1943 times)

robmufan

• All American
THANKS FOR THE GREAT YEAR!!!
« on: March 22, 2009, 06:39:16 PM »
Lets stop the complaining, I am just as sad as the next person! 

No matter what this was a fun year!  From beating the Badgers/UWM to starting off hot in the Big East, to winning a close one to Utah st.

Over the past 4 years, we have seen 3 VERY VERY VERY special players compete on the Al McGuire court!

To that I say,

THANK YOU!

mubball2009

• Scholarship Player
Re: THANKS FOR THE GREAT YEAR!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 06:43:30 PM »
your top two highlights of the season show how big of a disappointment this year was. wisconsin and uwm? really? we were number 8 in the country. crap it away. 90 seconds away from the sweet 16. crap it away.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 06:45:34 PM »
Lets stop the complaining, I am just as sad as the next person! 

No matter what this was a fun year!  From beating the Badgers/UWM to starting off hot in the Big East, to winning a close one to Utah st.

Over the past 4 years, we have seen 3 VERY VERY VERY special players compete on the Al McGuire court!

To that I say,

THANK YOU!

The highlight of my season is not beating the Badgers. If that is the measure of success then we may as well pack it in.

jtrash37

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 06:46:16 PM »
I think the DJ injury crushed any/all momentum.  MU was right there with a #1 seed at that point.  

It was disappointing way to end the season/career for these 4 great kids.  I, for one, am appreciative of their attitudes, work ethic, and the way they represented our beloved MU over 4 years!

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 06:46:46 PM »
Just because they are listed doesn't mean they are top two highlights!  I thought this was a fun year.

Yes, we choked at the very end...of a couple games!  Your telling me this is the worst season you have ever watched? PLEASE!

Post about the refs, post about buzz, post about Dom helping or hurting, in the end, its not changing ANYTHING!  So look at the positives!

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 06:48:33 PM »
your top two highlights of the season show how big of a disappointment this year was. wisconsin and uwm? really? we were number 8 in the country. crap it away. 90 seconds away from the sweet 16. crap it away.

you idiot. he wasn't saying those were our top 2 highlights. he was saying that's just what started off the season because they were our first two notable wins. how about us beating Wisconsin, UWM, great win AT NC State, Villanova, Georgetown-twice, AT Notre Dame, West Virginia (by 22), and beating a good Utah State team in the first round and we were a couple mistakes and bad calls away from the Sweet 16. disappointing end to the season, but what he is saying and what i and every Marquette should say is THANK YOU Jerel, Wes, and Dominic (and Burke). The 3 amigos brought A LOT of attention to the Marquette basketball program as they were a top program the past 4 years and competed at the highest level in the Big East. Sad loss, but we can keep our heads up.

Next year....

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 06:51:33 PM »
you idiot. he wasn't saying those were our top 2 highlights. he was saying that's just what started off the season because they were our first two notable wins. how about us beating Wisconsin, UWM, great win AT NC State, Villanova, Georgetown-twice, AT Notre Dame, West Virginia (by 22), and beating a good Utah State team in the first round and we were a couple mistakes and bad calls away from the Sweet 16. disappointing end to the season, but what he is saying and what i and every Marquette should say is THANK YOU Jerel, Wes, and Dominic (and Burke). The 3 amigos brought A LOT of attention to the Marquette basketball program as they were a top program the past 4 years and competed at the highest level in the Big East. Sad loss, but we can keep our heads up.

Next year....

+100000

Thank you shooter!

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 06:51:49 PM »
It was a very entertaining year, thanks to the entire team for the effort and fun they provided us this year.  I was at the local tavern and we were all disapointed but thankful for an enjoyable year. These guys gave max effort all year, thank you MU.

mubball2009

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 06:57:13 PM »
sorry for being the only one that doesn't approach the team with big fluffy gloves on. great job, you listed everyone we beat in the rpi top 100. sweet. the three amigos brought a lot of memories over 4 years, but fell short this year. these are facts. its about results, and they are walking away this year the same way as last year. one win, 6 seed, let it go at the end. we did no better or more worse than wisconsin, siena, cleveland state, or western kentucky. with 3 nba prospects, sorry to expect more.

robmufan

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »
sorry for being the only one that doesn't approach the team with big fluffy gloves on. great job, you listed everyone we beat in the rpi top 100. sweet. the three amigos brought a lot of memories over 4 years, but fell short this year. these are facts. its about results, and they are walking away this year the same way as last year. one win, 6 seed, let it go at the end. we did no better or more worse than wisconsin, siena, cleveland state, or western kentucky. with 3 nba prospects, sorry to expect more.

And I take it your 39 posts were all after the losses to UCONN PITT LOU...

reinko

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 07:03:25 PM »

you must hate life

mubball2009

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »
oh, you mean the uconn game where a 13 pt scorer hit us for 37, or the lousiville game where we shot 30 percent and lost by 4, or the pitt game were we lead by 9 with 11 to go and lost by 15. how about the 1 point lead over syracuse with 17 seconds, or the brain fart defense against nova.

that's right, attack my credibilty and not what I say. go ahead, bury your head in the sand with your memories from this year.

mubball2009

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »
real sports fan hate life when their team blows a sweet 16 bid.

I'm guessing you were the guys that got a lot of participation trophys growing up.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2009, 07:12:17 PM »
oh, you mean the uconn game where a 13 pt scorer hit us for 37, or the lousiville game where we shot 30 percent and lost by 4, or the pitt game were we lead by 9 with 11 to go and lost by 15. how about the 1 point lead over syracuse with 17 seconds, or the brain fart defense against nova.

that's right, attack my credibilty and not what I say. go ahead, bury your head in the sand with your memories from this year.

Hey bud,

These kids are amateurs and played their brains out.

Please keep that in mind.

If you enjoy being such a critic, I suggest you look into professional sports.