Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jeronne Maymon Mr. Basketball  (Read 6176 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: Jeronne Maymon Mr. Basketball
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 08:22:27 AM »

Pakuni....I was all over Jim Les?  Really.  Why, because he was one of many names thrown out there, that makes me "all over Jim Les"?    Nope.  Yes he was one of many names.  I was all over Miller and Bennett at first.  When that didn't pan out (don't think we really tried that hard) then I said, keep Buzz at bay and keep trying with others because Buzz isn't going anywhere.  You can always get Buzz a week or 2 weeks later.  That's what I said. 

What I was all over was going through some qualified candidates rather than making it a 48 hour search.  That's what I was all over.  But since Buzz is the guy, I'm praying like hell he's going to continue to take us in the upward trajectory we have been on the last 7 years.  If so, then it will be a home run for all.  I didn't think the risk was worth it when MU had finally become a stable program again.  I hope it works out like everyone else does, but risky is still risky.  Buzz did a fine job this year that almost ANYONE mentioned on the list of candidates that were thrown out on this board would have done the same job.  Whether it was McKillop, Weber, Les, Morril, Barry Switzer or Quin Snyder.  We'll find out about Buzz in a few more years....risky.....but it might be a dead on right hire.  Let's hope so.

Ah. Chico's ...

1. Your goat is got way too easily. Fish in a barrel, my friend.

2. Play it down all you want, the fact remains you expressed indignation last year over the fact MU turned to Buzz Williams instead of Jim Les and Chris Lowery, among others.

3. I'd like to know how you know that McKillop, Morril, etc. would have gotten the same results out of this team. Heck, McKillop had arguably the best player in the country and couldn't even get past the semifinals of a weak conference.

4. People keep "bringing it up" only in response to your constant and annoying not-so-subtle digs and backhanded compliments toward the current coach (like mentiong that UW didn't recruit Maymon). I'm sure next time you're singing the praises of TC, you'll be first to note that Dominic James came to Marquette because Indiana never offered him. Or that Dwayne Wade came to Marquette because his first choice, DePaul, passed on him. Because you're a fair man, I have no doubt you will do so.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 10:43:24 AM »
Read what I posted Pakuni, don't make it up.  Search is your friend.  My point then was simple, Buzz could have been had many weeks later so why not keep trying to get a bigger named coach than taking the risk.

The risk may work out fine, so far so good, but why take the risk.  That was the "indignation" I expressed.  If you actually READ what I wrote, again the search function is your friend (no need to fabricate) you will see that it was the unnecessary risk that I was most upset with.

And you're right, comparing McKillop's team this year to last year's team is appropriate?   ::)  Do you read what you write sometimes?  And you're also right, I don't know if Morril (who I never suggested) or McKillop or anyone else would have 100% done what Buzz has this year, but with 99% assurance, they would have.  We were a top 20 team before anyone was even named coach.  But to put that shoe on your foot, you also don't know if any other hire would have done even better.  None of us do, so why you keep bringing up April of last year, 11 months later is beyond me.

By the way, DKC....I secretly hoped Cottingham had the seizure, too.   ::)

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 10:57:22 AM »
CBB, I know you want MU to prosper but I know you also want Cottingham to fail...which is greater?

DKC, couldn't you say the same thing about you and Crean last season?

CBB DKC, I know you want MU to prosper but I know you also want Cottingham Crean to fail...which is greater?

As for the rest of this argument, I'll leave it to you guys to hash out.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 11:02:50 AM »
I thought this post was about Jeronne Maymon!?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein