Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Cords/Traitor  (Read 8112 times)

mu1642

• Walk-On
Cords/Traitor
« on: March 09, 2009, 02:24:01 PM »
Funny Cords was at the Indiana - Wisconsin game yesterday!
At least the second Indiana game he has attended! Didn't even allow staff to wear Red at MU meetings. How quickly things can change@@@@@

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Cords/Traitor
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 02:29:50 PM »
Well, then he got to see a good old fashioned ass kicking.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 02:58:12 PM »
He's no longer employed by MU right?  How would going to that game and wearing an IU sweater make him a traitor?

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 03:30:02 PM »
Yes, he's a traitor.

He should be fired.

Wait.

What?

He doesn't work at MU anymore?

Hmm...

Well, let's spray paint his car instead.

Some of you guys are nuts.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 03:31:32 PM »
for once, I can agree with 2k2.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 03:34:42 PM »
How DARE Cords remain friends with the man he hired, the man that took MU to the Final Four. Of all the things Cords has done...I mean this...THIS...takes the cake.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 03:55:18 PM »
Cords, and Dick Strong, have been at several Indiana games this year.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 03:55:52 PM »
Cords is only there because Crean hasn't figured out whose ass to bury his nose in. Once he gets that settled, you won't see Cords behind the bench. Or Dick Strong. He'll have new "friends."

I know IU is a more desirable job than MU and I don't blame the horse's ass for taking it, but the guy is obviously still clinging to Marquette. I suspect that will last the rest of his career, particularly after he gets fired after year 4 or 5.  

And I pray to God in heaven that he's never welcomed back to Marquette in any capacity -- even to be introduced to the crowd. Well, maybe we'd all like a chance to boo the pompous prick.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 03:58:58 PM »
How do you even know this? Who frigging cares?

What happened to all "Tom Crean thread" going to the Superbar?
We Are Marquette

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 04:20:11 PM »
5 posts in, I was hoping to get a chance to be the first person to ignore PRN but 2 people already beat me to it. Does he even realize MU has already played a season with a new coach?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 04:39:13 PM »
5 posts in, I was hoping to get a chance to be the first person to ignore PRN but 2 people already beat me to it. Does he even realize MU has already played a season with a new coach?

I think he entered his pod and went into hibernation.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 04:55:12 PM »
Damn right he shouldn't have allowed Red or UW crap to be worn in the athletic department.

Glad to hear that policy stayed consistent

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 05:13:53 PM »
Cords and TC had a professional relationship that obviously grew into a personal friendship.  I'm glad Cords was there.  It shows that TC hasn't forgotten where he came from.  He owes Bill Cords a great deal.  Nice to see they are still in touch. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MUSF

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 07:26:18 PM »
Cords is only there because Crean hasn't figured out whose ass to bury his nose in. Once he gets that settled, you won't see Cords behind the bench. Or Dick Strong. He'll have new "friends."

I know IU is a more desirable job than MU and I don't blame the horse's ass for taking it, but the guy is obviously still clinging to Marquette. I suspect that will last the rest of his career, particularly after he gets fired after year 4 or 5.  

And I pray to God in heaven that he's never welcomed back to Marquette in any capacity -- even to be introduced to the crowd. Well, maybe we'd all like a chance to boo the pompous prick.

Ladies and gentlemen, PRN.

I, for one, am glad to have the crazy SOB back.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 07:27:26 PM »
Well when TC took the IU job there were to be no strings attached; but they didn't say anything about Cords.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2009, 07:47:07 PM »

Get a grip dude.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 07:56:36 PM »

He's not going to be fired after year 4 or 5. 

Cords and Crean were in the trenches together and went through a lot of sweat equity to get the program back into shape.  That will be a lifelong relationship and has nothing to do with putting a nose anywhere.

rudy11963

• Walk-On
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 08:11:17 PM »
Bill Cords was at Senior Day the other day for Marquette. He waited patiently to congratulate all of the seniors (and probably thank them). I have no problems with Bill. I thought he did a great job and really think he has earned the right to do what he wants with his time.

Rudy

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 08:50:07 PM »
Bill Cords was at Senior Day the other day for Marquette. He waited patiently to congratulate all of the seniors (and probably thank them). I have no problems with Bill. I thought he did a great job and really think he has earned the right to do what he wants with his time.

Rudy

+1 absolutely he does.  No issues.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 08:58:00 PM »
I have no problems with Cords supporting TC.

But that Dick Strong reference made me chuckle...Imagine his teacher calling roll on the first day...last name FIRST.
SS Marquette

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »
Other than the fact is name is probably richard...

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 10:53:46 PM »
He's not going to be fired after year 4 or 5. 

You know the expectations at IU as well as anyone.  Do you really think TC has what it takes to not get fired at IU?  I know he'll win and run a clean program but can he either win multiple Big Ten titles or win a NC?  4 or 5 is probably wrong, but I think he's done in 6 or 7.  At the level they'll expect him to compete, I think he'll be exposed.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2009, 01:09:53 AM »
You know the expectations at IU as well as anyone.  Do you really think TC has what it takes to not get fired at IU?  I know he'll win and run a clean program but can he either win multiple Big Ten titles or win a NC?  4 or 5 is probably wrong, but I think he's done in 6 or 7.  At the level they'll expect him to compete, I think he'll be exposed.

If he can compete at little old Marquette and go to a Final Four playing in an absolute dump like the Old Gym, then he can do wonders at IU.

They have a brand new arena coming, kids from throughout the state begging to wear the candy stripes....he'll do just fine.  Sure there will be people bitching, but they were bitching about Knight when I was there, too.  That's always going to happen.

They have a huge contract invested in him, he has the #3 recruiting class coming in this coming year and another great one lined up right behind it.  He's going to do very well.

I'm not sure what "exposed" he'll be.  Let's not forget that "exposed" coach had the 2nd best run in Marquette history.  I hope Buzz is equally "exposed" if it gives us 20+ wins each year and trips to the NCAA tournament, future NBA players playing for us.  Give me that exposure all day long!!

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2009, 04:59:47 AM »
If he can compete at little old Marquette and go to a Final Four playing in an absolute dump like the Old Gym, then he can do wonders at IU.

When you fall ass backwards into a player like Wade, it doesn't matter what the practice facility is.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2009, 08:19:16 AM »
Tom Crean is a very good coach for a school like MU (where I differ from many is I don't think he walks on water) that being said, I think he is an average coach for IU expectations.  Assuming his recruiting improves b/c of the locale, I still think his absolute ineptness in-game will hurt him. 

Remember, IU fired a coach who got to the title game.