Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Providence Court Rush  (Read 6769 times)

theodoc

• Walk-On
Providence Court Rush
« on: February 24, 2009, 08:10:54 PM »
Holy Crap.  When the students rushed the court and met at the half I started having visions of Braveheart.  Clash of bodies...not sure I would have wanted to be a player in the middle of that.

Congrats to Providence.

Muhoops85

• Team Captain
Re: Providence Court Rush
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 08:12:44 PM »
I just posted this on another thread but please act like you expected it.  Storming the court is ridiculous.
Class of 1985 & Proud Parents of MU Class of 2007 Graduate

Pardner

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 08:13:35 PM »
Glad the beefed up security was added at The Dunkin

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 08:13:46 PM »
I pray MU fans don't storm the court tomorrow night.  Sheesh.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:17:06 PM »
Nor should we.  Big game?  Yes.  But is winning and getting games like this becoming par for the course with this program?  Absolutely.

MAYBE if they win the conference you let it go.  Outside of that, we've been there before, and we'll be there again. 
The General has taken on a new command.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 08:32:23 PM »
And frankly I did not mind Providence rushing the court.  It was a great win for them.  In fact, it looked like a lot of fun! I just don't want us to do it.  I still think we can win this thing (the BEAST that is).

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 08:37:56 PM »
Are you guys really coming down on them for rushing the court?!?!?

Coming into the game, they were desparate for a quality win on their resume. All they just beat the number 1 ranked team, on senior night.  If ever there is a time to rush the court, I think that was it.

Regarding MU students...as I remember, it is damn near impossible for MU students to rush the court. There is usually a pretty heavy security presence around the student section as the game comes to an end.

mu ricer22

• Scholarship Player
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 08:47:04 PM »
Marquette will defiantly storm the court tomorrow IF WE WIN. But please someone tell me when the last time was Marquette in the top 10 playing a top 10 team in at the BC
GTST

chapman

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 08:56:02 PM »
Marquette will defiantly storm the court tomorrow IF WE WIN. But please someone tell me when the last time was Marquette in the top 10 playing a top 10 team in at the BC

1) With the security and barriers put up it's impossible to storm the court.
2) Mostly because of 1, we didn't storm the court as an unrated heavy underdog against #2 Uconn in our first Big East game ever.  Why would we do it tomorrow?

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 08:58:10 PM »
It will not happen tomorrow, but I hope they will let us if we win the conference.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 09:00:24 PM »
The Marquette student section is hard to rush the court from because there is such a small area to go and none of the fans will be coming from the sideline. 

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »

Want to bet?

lj854

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »

Hey genius...remember the 06 game...#2 UConn vs. unranked MU...didn't rush the court then, DEFINITELY wouldn't rush the court tomorrow. We expect to win!

New Era Warriors

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 09:11:57 PM »
Want to bet?

yeah i want to bet. I am current student and i plan on being there in the lower level and me and a bunch of my friends are going to be waiting in line outside the BC very early. and we all plan on storming the court if we win. they might have security down near the court, but we will definitely make an attempt.

shaquilvaine

• Starter
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 09:15:53 PM »
I think the only way to successfully storm the court would be for the students to go out to the main concourse and come back in in the middle aisles and then jump the scorers table.  There are a boatload of security waiting under both hoops.  If accurately planned with students planning to run down the center of the court it can be done.   ;)

🏀

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2009, 09:25:17 PM »
yeah i want to bet. I am current student and i plan on being there in the lower level and me and a bunch of my friends are going to be waiting in line outside the BC very early. and we all plan on storming the court if we win. they might have security down near the court, but we will definitely make an attempt.

Seriously, PM me and we'll work out a wager.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2009, 09:28:57 PM »

I will take a piece of this action...you wont get anywhere near the court.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2009, 09:31:22 PM »

I certainly hope not. The only event worthy of rushing the court would be if a win over Cuse  locks up the BE title for us.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2009, 09:33:19 PM »
The only time I remember the court being stormed was winning the C-USA title (Cincy I believe). Was security much different during the year than it is now?

SCdem@MU

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2009, 09:36:53 PM »
The only time I remember the court being stormed was winning the C-USA title (Cincy I believe). Was security much different during the year than it is now?

Correct.

Students had to go around the barriers, but security stepped aside.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 09:39:26 PM by SCdem@MU »

Chicago_inferiority_complexes

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2009, 09:39:17 PM »
Nope, last time students rushed the court was after Dameon Mason's winning free throw at the end of regulation (I believe that's how it ended) against Louisville (or was it Cincy ...) in Spring of 2004.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2009, 09:49:34 PM »
Nope, last time students rushed the court was after Dameon Mason's winning free throw at the end of regulation (I believe that's how it ended) against Louisville (or was it Cincy ...) in Spring of 2004.

Warrior is correct.

I have been at the last two court rushings and have been at games that may have warranted it like Novak's UConn game, and I can tell you it WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Since 2004, MU has stepped up the security by multiples. Cincy was an easy rush, security was prepared to make sure nobody got hurt. The Louisville rush was not expected and security was not present. This caused he security to be beefed up and the presence of the metal barriers.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2009, 09:52:33 PM »
opstay alkingtay aboutway ushingray ethay ourtcay. ay atThay ayway, eythay on'tway eefbay upway ecuritysay andway itway illway ebay easierway!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2009, 09:56:32 PM »
opstay alkingtay aboutway ushingray ethay ourtcay. ay atThay ayway, eythay on'tway eefbay upway ecuritysay andway itway illway ebay easierway!

How the hell did Mr. Hayward get hilltoppers' log-in?   8-)

chcsportsfan

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2009, 10:09:26 PM »
we shouldnt even rush the court tomorrow, we are a top 10 team...

ps did anyone see 13th ranked ASU rush the court after beating unranked Arizona, i dont care if its a rivalry game, stupid...

teams that are ranked should not rush the court, plain and simple
teams that have won multiple national championships should never rush the court (ie duke, north carolina)

feedback