Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The floor at the Bradley Center  (Read 3696 times)

CTWarrior

• All American
The floor at the Bradley Center
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:59:03 AM »
I keep forgetting to post this, but is it just me or is our floor at the Bradley Center the slipperiest floor in the nation?  It seems like we are always falling/slipping as are our opponents.  I know the ice is underneath, but that is true in lots of arenas.  For those of you in Milwaukee, is it as bad when the Bucks play?
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

wadesworld

• All American
Re: The floor at the Bradley Center
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:07:07 AM »
Not at the games I have seen.  I was at the game last night and the only person who fell out of nowhere was Wally Sczerbiak, and he just tripped over his feet.  By the way, has anyone seen him lately?  He looks like a goof.  He wears a mask and the band to hold it up  is HUGE, the nose part of the mask goes like 2 inches below the end of his nose, and then a headband above the mask, and he still gels the hair.

Also, I'd say Coach K Floor could challenge the Al McGuire Court.  Seems to me that people are ALWAYS slipping on that floor when I watch a game (although I try to avoid watching Duke unless they're playing UNC or it is going to be a good game).
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:12:43 AM »
Seems to me being at all the home games, that we slip more than other teams - don't know why.  Some have specualted that it's our shoes - I haveb no idea.  But to me it seems we slip more

mustever

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
Could it be the hockey ice underneath?But does anyone notice watching Bucks games if they slip at all?

sailwi

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 02:08:05 PM »
The question of do they slip at Bucks games implies someone actually cares enough to watch the Bucks ;D

MUBasketball

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 03:20:52 PM »
I was at the game last night

Lose a bet?  :D

bma725

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 03:25:27 PM »
I blame it on the douches they've got wiping the floor now.  I don't know what happened to the little kids that used to do it, but they've been replaced with these guys that don't even pay attention to the game anymore.  The kids used to run out and wipe up the floor if they action was at the other end, these guys never do that.  The guy close to the MU bench was too busy hitting on some chick during the St. Johns game to even bother paying attention to the game. 

And when they do actually get off their butts and on to the court, they don't even get everything.  There have been several times where there's a large scrum on the floor, going from the lane to the three point line, and the guy kind of haphazardly wipes up the part in the lane but never gets all the way out to the top.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 04:24:12 PM »
Lose a bet?  :D
Haha nope, got some free tickets to watch Lebron James, why not go?  He put up 55, 2nd highest in his career, and in the first 2:50 of the 2nd half he scored 16 points.  One of the most ridiculous, and entertaining, things I have seen live in basketball...maybe ever.  Not to mention Chuck V chocking Big Z after shoving his hand in Verajau's face.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rugbydrummer

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 05:03:15 PM »
I blame it on the douches they've got wiping the floor now.  I don't know what happened to the little kids that used to do it, but they've been replaced with these guys that don't even pay attention to the game anymore.  The kids used to run out and wipe up the floor if they action was at the other end, these guys never do that.  The guy close to the MU bench was too busy hitting on some chick during the St. Johns game to even bother paying attention to the game. 

And when they do actually get off their butts and on to the court, they don't even get everything.  There have been several times where there's a large scrum on the floor, going from the lane to the three point line, and the guy kind of haphazardly wipes up the part in the lane but never gets all the way out to the top.

Weren't those kiddos friends of young Crean?  I know that little Crean did do some floor wiping at least for a few years.  And yes, they were much better!

bma725

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 05:10:48 PM »
Weren't those kiddos friends of young Crean?  I know that little Crean did do some floor wiping at least for a few years.  And yes, they were much better!

Reilly Crean was among them in recent years.  But they had used kids for years before Crean got here, maybe even back to the KO days.

DomJamesToTheBasket

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 05:13:13 PM »
Some have specualted that it's our shoes

Remember the infamous L.A. Gears? You know you have a quality shoe when they explode while backpedaling!

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 05:32:40 PM »
Seem to remember the last home game looking slipperier than normal, but was nothing compared to... I think it was UNC@Duke, or some other big ACC game.  Someone fell down every other possession.

Pardner

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »
I think it was UNC@Duke, or some other big ACC game.  Someone fell down every other possession.

Duke slips on every possession

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqPBJ_6y_5A

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 10:08:17 PM »
Seem to remember the last home game looking slipperier than normal, but was nothing compared to... I think it was UNC@Duke, or some other big ACC game.  Someone fell down every other possession.

they also didn't turn on the A/C when it was 70 outside and about 90 inside.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 12:26:33 PM »
Remember the infamous L.A. Gears? You know you have a quality shoe when they explode while backpedaling!

Will never forget Robb Logterman flopping around on the floor at Kansas after blowing out his shoe on our way to 30+ turnovers. Talk about humiliating.

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 12:41:35 PM »
Could it be the hockey ice underneath?But does anyone notice watching Bucks games if they slip at all?

it does have something to do with the ice.  When i took a tour of the continental airlines arena in new jersey, they were in the process of putting the Nets floor over the ice.  our tour guide said that when the floor is being laid, moisture somehow can penetrate the floor to leave it slippery.  i'm not sure how, but i found it interesting

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 01:48:33 PM »
I have a hard time believing it's the ice as Marquette seems to slip a lot more than our opponents do.

Also with all the NBA courts on top of hockey rinks, I doubt they would take a chance with a slippery court when they are paying millions of dollars for these players.

If you ever walk in front of the student section, you are walking on the panels that cover the ice.  They aren't cool to the touch nor do they have any condensation on them.  They seem to do a good job of insulating the ice.