[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by WhiteTrash
[April 24, 2024, 07:58:02 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by MU82
[April 24, 2024, 04:38:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[April 24, 2024, 04:09:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Gomarquette.com Video Feed  (Read 7406 times)

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
Gomarquette.com Video Feed
« on: November 05, 2006, 06:34:51 PM »
Pretty sweet set-up on gomarquette.com with the cstv all access.  You can actually watch the teams as they warm-up and listen to the band! 
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
Re: Gomarquette.com Video Feed
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 06:41:15 PM »
MARQUETTE IS ON THE FLOOR!!!

it's just warm-ups but none the less... pretty exciting to see the guys get the season started!!

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 06:48:07 PM »
12 minutes to go!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 10:07:09 PM »
So .. how was the video feed?    We cut out early and I tried it with about a minute left .. it wouldn't let me in, as I have IE7.  No way am I downgrading. 

It's really stunning CSTV doesn't have it set for IE7, as Microsoft has started to roll IE7 out as a critical update, so it will sweep the globe in about 1-2 weeks. 

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 10:12:45 PM »
Video was actually very good.  Two students (I assume) were doing the commentating, and really did pretty well.  There were a couple moments when you though "Boom Goes the Dynamite" might come out...but it never did.  Bravo to them...

The one used the "Circus shot/layup/freethrow/timeout" phrase too much.  No worries though, we've got our own HomeCourtAdvantage ready track the stat for number of "Circus ???s" next time :)

I guess it was a bit behind even the radio feed (online), but with the bonus of video it was pretty darn nice.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 10:13:06 PM »
I thought the feed was great!  The picture got to be a bit choppy if you expanded to a full screen but at least we were able to see it.  If you left the picture at the normal size, it was very clear but was too hard to see for my bad eyes.  They had students doing the game and they weren't too bad.  Overall, I was impressed.  I hope Marquette continues to broadcast games on CSTV.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 09:22:13 AM »
I loved the feed.  A little choppy, but way better than simply listening to radio.  I wonder how many other schools are doing something similar.

bheitz

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 10:31:03 AM »
Video was actually very good.  Two students (I assume) were doing the commentating, and really did pretty well.  There were a couple moments when you though "Boom Goes the Dynamite" might come out...but it never did.  Bravo to them...

The one used the "Circus shot/layup/freethrow/timeout" phrase too much.  No worries though, we've got our own HomeCourtAdvantage ready track the stat for number of "Circus ???s" next time :)

I guess it was a bit behind even the radio feed (online), but with the bonus of video it was pretty darn nice.

I know HCA is going to flame me for saying this, but Kid Dynamite and his sidekick started growing on me a little bit.  It's like driving by a car accident.  You know it's bad, you shouldn't look, but you end up slowing down and taking a quick peek.

The feed itself was better than what I expected.  If the radio broadcast would be more in synch, then you'd have something, but that ain't happenin'.  I kept the feed at the default size and that sounds like the way to go.

larrym

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 11:05:04 AM »
I thought they did a nice job as well.  Only two negative things stuck out while I was watching.

1.  They kept referring to guys as "Big " whatever.  Lots of "Big Fitzgeralds" and "Big Kinsellas", and whatever the names of the CS guys were.

2.  At one point when McNeal turned the ball over they said something like, "McNeal is not usually known to turn over the ball."  Maybe they were freshman and didn't know any better.

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 11:26:45 AM »
I heard them do this game and Marquette Madness.  They actually did a better job at MM than last night, but you can tell they do a lot of prep work.  They are very comfortable speaking for 10 or 15 minutes during pre-game.  I think once they settle down a little and realize it's TV, not radio and they don't need to point out every little thing on the court, they'll be pretty enjoyable.

Honestly, though, if the broadcast were in Swahili, it would still be pretty cool that we're finally getting video.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 12:03:32 PM »
So .. how was the video feed?    We cut out early and I tried it with about a minute left .. it wouldn't let me in, as I have IE7.  No way am I downgrading. 

It's really stunning CSTV doesn't have it set for IE7, as Microsoft has started to roll IE7 out as a critical update, so it will sweep the globe in about 1-2 weeks. 

I recieved an e-mail saying that by the end of November they expected to have the On-Demand serivce upgraded for IE7.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 03:31:27 PM »
There were a couple moments when you though "Boom Goes the Dynamite" might come out...but it never did.

Rocky, what the hells wrong with boom goes the dynamite?????  That was an immortal call.   ;D

IAmMarquette

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 03:57:51 PM »
I think once they settle down a little and realize it's TV, not radio and they don't need to point out every little thing on the court, they'll be pretty enjoyable.

Agreed. Had to mute the feed after about 10minutes. They were just talking way too much for a video broadcast. A little dead air (peace & quiet) to just watch the game is OK from time to time. Not sure if any of you watch NASCAR (I'm a little ashamed to admit that I know this), but most of the time the TV commentators say nothing for the first few laps of each race. Kinda neat, regardless of your opinion of stock car racing  :)

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 04:06:12 PM »
I think once they settle down a little and realize it's TV, not radio and they don't need to point out every little thing on the court, they'll be pretty enjoyable.

Agreed. Had to mute the feed after about 10minutes. They were just talking way too much for a video broadcast. A little dead air (peace & quiet) to just watch the game is OK from time to time. Not sure if any of you watch NASCAR (I'm a little ashamed to admit that I know this), but most of the time the TV commentators say nothing for the first few laps of each race. Kinda neat, regardless of your opinion of stock car racing  :)

Can you mute the audio feed on the video feed and pull up the Homer feed at the same time.  Thus watch to the video what layering in Homer.  The possiblility that the two feeds are in unision is a million to one, but would be interesting to try.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 04:17:57 PM »
Can you mute the audio feed on the video feed and pull up the Homer feed at the same time.  Thus watch to the video what layering in Homer.  The possiblility that the two feeds are in unision is a million to one, but would be interesting to try.

I think someone did try...and it was so out of sync that it was unbearable.  Honestly, the students were decent, definitely bearable.  They'll probably get better too...