'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Burke Offensive Contribution  (Read 2548 times)

HoopsMalone

• All American
Burke Offensive Contribution
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:06:15 AM »
I loved that mid-range jumper that Burke hit against Seton Hall.  I also remember him hitting one against Rutgets.  I think that the guards should set him up for that shot against some of the bigger centers coming up in order to keep these guys honest and maybe draw them away from the basket. 

MarquetteFan94

• All American
Re: Burke Offensive Contribution
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 11:34:26 AM »
That was the ultimate...."no, no, no....nice shot!" moment.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 12:12:07 PM »
The announcers then went on about his high FG percentage.  Isn't it a lot easier to shot 65% when 99% of your shots are dunks or layups?
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 12:16:38 PM »
He's got reasonably good form.  And I think his development his being hampered at the expense of the "big 4".  I wonder how things might have been different if he had Buzz for all four years.  I also think Father Kelly blessed his mid-range jumper.
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:27:39 PM »
Yeah, my friends and  I were joking that we hope he doesn't develop Mike Kinsella syndrome.  But it WAS a nice jumper.

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 02:56:07 PM »
Didn't Kinsella heat up one game late last year?

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 03:37:50 PM »
Didn't Kinsella heat up one game late last year?

He might have, but I don't think anyone here has been following Division-A European Pro bball too closely :)

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »
He might have, but I don't think anyone here has been following Division-A European Pro bball too closely :)

He was probably referring to the game vs Pitt in 2006-07 where he hit a couple threes out of nowhere.

It's still nice to see that he's collecting a check doing what he loves.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 06:32:11 PM »
He was probably referring to the game vs Pitt in 2006-07 where he hit a couple threes out of nowhere.

Ya Kinsella was huge that game.  It was ESPN College Game Day, Pitt was ranked higher and we did not have McNeal.

Maybe Burke will come to life at the end.  I liked what I saw out of him last night.  At least he looked active on the boards.  Him being able to be a threat from 10-15 feet would be huge, too.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 07:10:50 PM »
You do really wonder about Burke and that mid-range jumper.  AFAIK, he's taken two like that, and hit them both, early in the game.

Might want to give that a try a few more times per game, if he's unguarded at that range, and apparently can hit them.

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 07:20:37 PM »
You do really wonder about Burke and that mid-range jumper.  AFAIK, he's taken two like that, and hit them both, early in the game.

Might want to give that a try a few more times per game, if he's unguarded at that range, and apparently can hit them.

My jaw dropped when he hit that shot.  Anyone else have a baffled look when the announcer said something like "He doesn't shoot that shot often but when he does, he is accurate."  Anyone else remember him shooting a 15 footers this season (that were not FT's)? 
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 08:00:18 PM »

He's a 50% foul shooter, which is an uncontested 15 footer with 10 seconds to get it off.  I think one 15 footer from the floor per month is about right for Mr. Burke.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 08:03:51 PM »
It was reported that he's been working on that mid range jumper over the summer.  He has pretty good form and if it means the opponents big has to come out to guard him, it may leave more opportunities for our guards to cut behind for easier baskets.

feedback