Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Uniforms  (Read 4166 times)

CoachKJ

Uniforms
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:48:58 PM »
First of all, I think blue and gold are classic colors, and in general, I think we have very cool uniforms.  However, I haven't warmed up to the current ones.  The reason is because of the font of "MARQUETTE" on the front.  It just looks peculiar-and it doesnt match the MU logo font, either (see below).  Having said that, I loved the 2001-2003 era jerseys.  The only font worse than the current ones on the men's jerseys, is the women's-those are terrible.  I know that Nike is involved in the design, but I look forward to a redesign after this year.

Anyone have information on this kind of stuff? 

http://www.marquette.edu/about/fun/downloads/desktops/wam640x480.gif

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Uniforms
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:26:56 PM »
The current jerseys are my favorties.  They just seem very classy to me.  I think the font on the jersey is based on the font in the school logo with Marquette Hall in it. 

JetCityWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 11:04:46 AM »
Caoch KJ is right.  That is one awkward font.

MarquetteVol

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 11:31:10 AM »
I know during the Final Four run, it was mentioned that MU wanted to change the font on the front of the uniforms. Why? Because it was impossible to read the entire name since the letters were too big. The current uniforms solve this problem. I really like our unis, especially the gold ones.

CoachKJ

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 12:24:33 PM »
EAGLES would fit nicely on the front...over 98% of the alumni's dead bodies, of course. :o

miltownsports

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 04:46:00 PM »
I read something that Marquette is changing to D-Wade converse jersey's next year. Can't remember where i heard it (maybe SI, or the journal ) ill try to find it.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 05:27:52 PM »
I read something that Marquette is changing to D-Wade converse jersey's next year. Can't remember where i heard it (maybe SI, or the journal ) ill try to find it.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=1245.0

;)

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 01:37:10 AM »
In my humble opinion, these are the best Marquette uniforms in many a year. Personally, I don't care for the yellow jerseys, but the whole lot of them are nice looking.

CoachKJ is obviously trying to be funny with his suggestion they put "Eagles" on the front. Are you forgetting that they try to sell these jerseys?

mwbauer7

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 09:29:17 AM »
I think the current jerserys are great. A sort of "new" classic/vintage font.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 10:28:10 AM »
I think the uniforms we have now are terrific.  I think the font is great, it's pretty old school looking, and not too huge.  I do think the Wade-era uniforms were pretty sweet as well, but I'm pretty satisfied with what we've got now.  I love the fact that we wear the golds all the time now at home, they're way better looking than the whites, although they're fine every once in a while, like the Lakers. 
As for putting "Eagles" on the front...ugh...the thought of that makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 10:42:13 AM »
My only problem is that there are many teams out there with the same font(Oakland, TCU just off the top of my head) because of Nike.

The more agressive font used by The Al was used by Providence's soccer team, didn't look that great.

I think Converse will be great and hopefully offer us a way to get back to our roots  of being original.

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 03:16:49 PM »
My question is why can't you buy an authentic uniform anywhere???  And I'm not talking "authentic" but the real high-quality stitched deal a player would wear.  Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Chili

• All American
  • Hot w/noodles, beans, cheese, sour cream & onions
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 03:52:29 PM »
My question is why can't you buy an authentic uniform anywhere???  And I'm not talking "authentic" but the real high-quality stitched deal a player would wear.  Seems like a no-brainer to me.

my guess is economies of scale - is there a market large enough to warrant the sale of the authentic jersey's to make it profitable to manufacture.
But I like to throw handfuls...

Tigidal

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 04:02:36 PM »

my guess is economies of scale - is there a market large enough to warrant the sale of the authentic jersey's to make it profitable to manufacture.

Is it that much more difficult to make?  I for one would pay a premium on the marginal cost for the real deal.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 02:12:17 AM »
I'm with you on that one.

Especially one that can be customized...i.e., Chris Crawford using this year's design.
SS Marquette