Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Lakers Going After Hurley by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 03:37:40 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Lennys Tap
[Today at 03:27:13 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 10:48:42 PM]

2024-25 Roster by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[June 08, 2024, 07:42:23 PM]

Incoming freshmen by MuMark
[June 08, 2024, 07:03:51 PM]

And The New...... by Tyler COLEk
[June 08, 2024, 11:45:55 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Herman Cain
[June 08, 2024, 11:31:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Internet Message Boards Bad for Team...  (Read 2789 times)

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
Internet Message Boards Bad for Team...
« on: January 15, 2007, 12:51:03 PM »
From Slick Rick...

http://louisville.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=628969

Jenkins could hear the talk locally about his slump, which may have contributed to even more tightness during games. In general, Pitino tries to steer his players away from local talk radio and internet message boards like CardinalSports.com.

"I don't know how much the internet plays in their lives, but I imagine it does," Pitino said. "I tell them don't let it be part of your life because there's nothing of value on there except to buy things and things like that. They can't, I hope, I know they have these myspace things that you really can't believe, but I hope they don't ever read message boards or things of that nature."

Especially when a team is struggling, reading the message boards can be a brutal proposition. Louisville players, known to frequent the boards at CardinalSports.com, have to be wary of getting too involved in fan chatter.

"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Internet Message Boards Bad for Team...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 01:45:48 PM »
This part really gets me:

I stole a line from a guy in radio show that my son told me ... he said message boards are unsuccessful people knocking successful people. I couldn't have thought of that any better," Pitino said. ".... I'm hoping they have way too much intelligence and they were raised too properly to read those things, I hope.

So, uhh....too bad we're all unsuccessful, unintelligent, poorly raised folks, and don't realize that sharing experiences with other FANS is a stupid thing to do.  Get a clue Rick...

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 01:53:18 PM »
yeahhhup.. that's us.. *belches* if I weren't too lazy to get up my fat butt and be successful I might not have even known about this here int'rnut... damn.. .now what did I do wit dat der remote?! *picks nose and rips one out*
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 02:09:28 PM »
Yeah... the internet is just a fad!!  So what does Slick Rick think of people that work at internet companies?   ???  Am I uneducated and raised poorly?  If the internet is for those type of people, why does he have his own website... http://www.rickpitino.com/rpitino/

BTW... http://www.firerickpitino.com/ has been purchased by Loserville fans to protect their coach from the enemy that is trying to undermine the juggernaut known as Louisville basketball! 

No fears though... www.firepitino.com is still available!!   ;D  I guess the Loserville fans are still trying to stratch the money together to buy that domain name as well!! 

One more reaseon I HATE Loserville... let's smoke their punk arses tonight!!

"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 02:12:51 PM »
i think rick meant it from the aspect of sports.  i know i was unsuccessful in sports to the point i couldn't compete in D-1 Basketball, but I'm pretty happy with my sport accomplishments.  

The funny thing is if he meant it from an overall success level in life, I'm sure most of us are on this message board from our desks at work.  i know i am.  

whichever way he meant it, i don't really care because my opinion of rick pitino can't get any lower anyways
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 02:38:31 PM »
Maybe Rick wants us uneducated people to write personal letters of disgust and mail them to the players instead.
SS Marquette

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with what Dickie P said....

:P

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 02:51:01 PM »
hah, nice sig.  I'm pretty sure slicky was talking specifically about fry boys  ;D

feedback